Solar Eclipse : A pictorial review of the Exotic Southern Caribbean

scubacruiserx2

In Skagway we did the trip on the Whitehorse Pass railway. There we saw a brown bear, which apparently was unusual, according to the commentator.

Joe & Pat,

Looks like you will be cruising before us, we leave Southampton on 13/05/17. [emoji19]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We also did the rail trip up to White horse park and then the Salmon lunch at Liars Ville and gold panning as well as a tour of the town and a drink and tour in the Red Onion brothel. Quite a nice trip.

lol very funny but also very true. We walked around the old town, we were going to do a float plane to the Misty Fiords but the weather was bad.

We too would like to do the Float Plane but I guess we'll see when we're there . Unfortunately there is no Skagway on this trip , but there is Glacier Bay and a glacier helicopter tour planned .

alaska_zpsfcibwpqu.jpg

Things have been very chaotic today as we found a suite deal on a cruise to Alaska in less than 3 weeks ! We're excited about our first visit there and here's our ship leaving Port Everglades for Alaska .

IMG_4801_zpsiflfcwwx.jpg

Is that the Noordam? We will be on our 1st Alaskan cruise on her in June!

We love Victoria!

Any advice on Victoria ? We will be there from 6 pm until midnight . And thank you for sharing your nice photos and advice on Ketchikan . Especially the eagles .

We went for a bird walk the other day and saw a eagles nest !

A Sandhill Crane chick trying out it's wings

IMG_2539_zpsdg02xrxc.jpg

IMG_2608_zpsbzpwrrjf.jpg

An eagle and an imposter

IMG_2578_zpsj0pnvo2c.jpg

IMG_2116-001_zpsolqqgcrm.jpg

It was really nice to have 2 days and a overnight there which left us time to tour . Pat also had trouble descending after her surgery , but it got better with time . The steps on the down side were steep ! And while I love photos there is not substitute for being there in person . :) :D

It's always more difficult descending isn't it, because of the pressure on the knees. I hope Pat was OK afterwards. My husband hit his head on the way up (we had been warned by the guide) and I wasn't sure I would like the low bit going through but we were fine and enjoyed the views. We were there during the morning of the first day on our shore excursion and then went back in the evening on our party bus. Seeing the rocks at different times of the day was nice. :) Loving your photos. :)

Is that the Noordam? We will be on our 1st Alaskan cruise on her in June!

It's the Eurodam .

IMG_4793_zpsw7jlxezq.jpg

Any chance you could move it up to the 29th and over to the Eurodam ? They had great prices on suites and airfare yesterday . We booked 1st class on Delta and a suite for about the same price as our RCI Harmony cruise (balcony ) in July .

We went to Victoria on a ferry from Vancouver. We had our children with us, 14 &12 at the time. We went on a horse drawn carriage ride and to Butchart Gardens.

http://www.butchartgardens.com/

That sounds great ! I've seen photos of the Gardens and they look very nice . :) :D

Pardon my FLASH !

I'm one of those knuckle - dragging Neanderthals that have the nerve to take flash photos of my food and here's why . Lunch at the Tuscan Grille with a strong back light and NO flash .

DSC00332_zps9gkhsd4n.jpg

With fill flash

DSC00333_zps1yznyywv.jpg

Goat cheese and Arugula

DSC00327_zpswg4m3knx.jpg

Heirloom beet salad

DSC00326_zps3t0utpfm.jpg

It's the Eurodam .

IMG_4793_zpsw7jlxezq.jpg

Any chance you could move it up to the 29th and over to the Eurodam ? They had great prices on suites and airfare yesterday . We booked 1st class on Delta and a suite for about the same price as our RCI Harmony cruise (balcony ) in July .

Wow that IS a great deal.....we're going to Denali first for 3 days and sailing with my sister and brother in law ...so looks like you will get there before us!! Have a wonderful time!!:)

It's always more difficult descending isn't it, because of the pressure on the knees. I hope Pat was OK afterwards. My husband hit his head on the way up (we had been warned by the guide) and I wasn't sure I would like the low bit going through but we were fine and enjoyed the views. We were there during the morning of the first day on our shore excursion and then went back in the evening on our party bus. Seeing the rocks at different times of the day was nice. :) Loving your photos. :)

Yeah , Pat's legs are much now . I know what you mean about the overhand on the way up , it was quite low .

IMG_9858_zpsz9nvpdwx.jpg

Our guide didn't go either . We had hoped to do it on the 1st day also but the guide was busy . I'm sure that the lighting on the second would be great especially at sunset !

Wow that IS a great deal.....we're going to Denali first for 3 days and sailing with my sister and brother in law ...so looks like you will get there before us!! Have a wonderful time!!:)

It's really nice to go with friends or family ( like our our next cruise ) . But it was also nice to find a good price and make a quick getaway ! :) :D

This will be our first suite on HAL or Celebrity .

It's really nice to go with friends or family ( like our our next cruise ) . But it was also nice to find a good price and make a quick getaway ! :) :D

This will be our first suite on HAL or Celebrity .

Enjoy it!! We have a Signature suite on HAL, one of the angled balcony ones so should be big enough for all 4 of us to sit, sip some wine and look at the wonderful scenery of Glacier Bay.

This is our first HAL cruise, so we are hoping we really like it as HAL has so many interesting itineraries around the world.....though Celebrity always gets a "first look" when we are cruise shopping (which seems to happen more and more these days!!:D)

Strangely enough they do have a snorkeling tour ! :eek: :eek:

Snorkeling in Alaska is one of my very favourite memories. It was amazing! Do give it a shot if you can.

Still loving every minute spent on this review. I can't thank you enough!

We went to Victoria on a ferry from Vancouver. We had our children with us, 14 &12 at the time. We went on a horse drawn carriage ride and to Butchart Gardens.

http://www.butchartgardens.com/

Lots to see and do at Victoria but the Gardens would top my list as a must see.

Enjoy it!! We have a Signature suite on HAL, one of the angled balcony ones so should be big enough for all 4 of us to sit, sip some wine and look at the wonderful scenery of Glacier Bay.

This is our first HAL cruise, so we are hoping we really like it as HAL has so many interesting itineraries around the world.....though Celebrity always gets a "first look" when we are cruise shopping (which seems to happen more and more these days!!:D)

That sounds great ! We booked Antarctica on the Eclipse (Princess doesn't have it ) but we prefer the HAL version and would love to do the Zaandam again . :) :D

Snorkeling in Alaska is one of my very favourite memories. It was amazing! Do give it a shot if you can.

Still loving every minute spent on this review. I can't thank you enough!

Unfortunately we only have a week and the time is short in the ports so we will have to choose wisely . Thank you you for writing and staying tuned in !! :cool:

Well, I was gone a few days to the brown waters of the Gulf in Galveston and got behind. I loved your land trip in Aruba; the white sand and turquoise waters cannot be beat. The sunset pics are beautiful.

We have cruised on RCL and Princess to Alaska. In Ketchikan we had the best excursion in all of our port stops in Alaska; kayaking with a top tour group there; I am not sure if I can name the name? You would see it in my reviews. Butchart Gardens was a favorite in Victoria. Even all of the manly men in my group loved it. Yes, in almost every cruise there we would DH, oldest DS, youngest DS and friends of the sons.

I am assuming Tyler is your grandson? How many cruises has he had the pleasure to share with you? My oldest son is a Tyler. Love the name (of course).

I am back and so enjoying everything!

Well, I was gone a few days to the brown waters of the Gulf in Galveston and got behind. I loved your land trip in Aruba; the white sand and turquoise waters cannot be beat. The sunset pics are beautiful.

We have cruised on RCL and Princess to Alaska. In Ketchikan we had the best excursion in all of our port stops in Alaska; kayaking with a top tour group there; I am not sure if I can name the name? You would see it in my reviews. Butchart Gardens was a favorite in Victoria. Even all of the manly men in my group loved it. Yes, in almost every cruise there we would DH, oldest DS, youngest DS and friends of the sons.

I am assuming Tyler is your grandson? How many cruises has he had the pleasure to share with you? My oldest son is a Tyler. Love the name (of course).

I am back and so enjoying everything!

Welcome back we hope that you enjoyed your visit . Yes , Tyler is our oldest grandson and we will going with him this summer on the Harmony - his 4th cruise with us . :cool:

Lots to see and do at Victoria but the Gardens would top my list as a must see.

I second that! Or maybe third or fourth it, but Butchart is at the top of my list, too. And, in

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app