Solar Eclipse : A pictorial review of the Exotic Southern Caribbean

scubacruiserx2

So I wander off for a couple of days and come back to find you've booked another cruise! You have been busy! Sounds like you really did get a "suite" deal. :D You will be heading for Alaska around the same time as we will be in Vegas.

I loved the whale shark video! I am fascinated by those amazing creatures. :cool:

And when the cat's away - the mice will book another cruise !

With suites at $1299 , we booked . :) :D

We hope to go a couple of days early for a stay in Seattle .

And when the cat's away - the mice will book another cruise !

With suites at $1299 , we booked . :) :D

We hope to go a couple of days early for a stay in Seattle .

Well done, mice! :D

These 2 cats will be playing in Vegas while you cruise Alaska. :cool:

Suite deal indeed., Joe knows how to spot a bargain, or is it Pat.:)

I was up early and spotted it and Pat booked it while we both looked for tours , flights and accommodations . We first booked a SZ Signature suite and a helicopter flight shore excursion to the glacier . As I looked further we saw that a SC Neptune suite gave a lot more and was only $ 800 and so we upgraded to it .

A couple of days later we got an Email telling us that our helicopter flight had been cancelled . HAL had not transferred our shore excursion when we upgraded and there was only 1 seat was left on the helicopter . A little later we were told that there would be a second flight and that we would have to wait for a cabin assignment even though the Neptune suites are sold out .

The cruise is 2 weeks from today and everything paid for - except our charge card !

But in light of the bumping incident with the Celebrity TA on the Eclipse which leaves tomorrow , we can only wait , hope and pray that things will happen better with HAL than the way that Celebrity handled tomorrow's TA .

I was up early and spotted it and Pat booked it while we both looked for tours , flights and accommodations . We first booked a SZ Signature suite and a helicopter flight shore excursion to the glacier . As I looked further we saw that a SC Neptune suite gave a lot more and was only $ 800 and so we upgraded to it .

A couple of days later we got an Email telling us that our helicopter flight had been cancelled . HAL had not transferred our shore excursion when we upgraded and there was only 1 seat was left on the helicopter . A little later we were told that there would be a second flight and that we would have to wait for a cabin assignment even though the Neptune suites are sold out .

The cruise is 2 weeks from today and everything paid for - except our charge card !

But in light of the bumping incident with the Celebrity TA on the Eclipse which leaves tomorrow , we can only wait , hope and pray that things will happen better with HAL than the way that Celebrity handled tomorrow's TA .

I don't normally follow the Celebrity board much, so I had to go see what you were talking about with regards to the Eclipse TA. I sure hope your situation will work out better than the one on the Eclipse!

I have spent a lot of time on the HAL board lately and I understand those Neptune suites are really nice! :D

Goodness, I hope it gets sorted.

Hello from Prince Edward Island,

I am only on page two of your report and just wanted to added my two cents on the surprise CDC inspection. The same happened to us on Equinox 2014 but, we did not see the line ups like you had in Miami (they looked huge). Things were also a bit delayed in opening and we ate at the then "Bistro on 5" on embarkation day.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Goodness, I hope it gets sorted.

It's the price we pay for a discounted suite . Full payment , no refunds . We just wish that with all the suites in our category and above booked , that we would get our assignment so we could print our cabin tags before we leave .

Hello from Prince Edward Island,

I am only on page two of your report and just wanted to added my two cents on the surprise CDC inspection. The same happened to us on Equinox 2014 but, we did not see the line ups like you had in Miami (they looked huge). Things were also a bit delayed in opening and we ate at the then "Bistro on 5" on embarkation day.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Hello Kevin and welcome aboard . It's nice to see that you didn't get bumped from this Eclipse sailing . .

We did want to give our money to S05 - but they weren't ready to take it until 1: 30 .

That's one thing that we really liked about our recent cruise on the Regal Princess . There were 4 free places to eat lunch at for everybody as soon as you boarded and the rooms were ready also , allowing us to drop our luggage and freshen up before eating . Much better than the Eclipse !!

I try to avoid the buffet on any day, especially embarkation day, MDR, specialty restaurant or even eating prior to boarding are some of the options I have used. Sushi on 5 will be the one for me when I board Solstice next year.

I try to avoid the buffet on any day, especially embarkation day, MDR, specialty restaurant or even eating prior to boarding are some of the options I have used. Sushi on 5 will be the one for me when I board Solstice next year.

We will eat lunch before boarding next time . We did that the last time on the Eclipse in Southampton when they gave us a delayed boarding time because of a deep cleaning for Noro .

Hello Again,

I am all caught up. You are doing a fantastic job like always on the review along with your great photos and videos. This thread already has a sizeable amount of views but, I don't think too many are clicking over to experience your videos, now that is a shame. I put way more effort into my videos than my photos. Your review kept me busy today while I was waiting for my recent Equinox videos to download into Final Cut Pro X. (Still not finished).

Yes! Donna and I missed this cruise last year for health reason on my part. Thanks to you I get to see what I missed and hope to get this one off our bucket list in the future.

Thanks Again for Great Review. I will keep reading the updates.

Kevin Reid

Hello Again,

I am all caught up. You are doing a fantastic job like always on the review along with your great photos and videos. This thread already has a sizeable amount of views but, I don't think too many are clicking over to experience your videos, now that is a shame. I put way more effort into my videos than my photos. Your review kept me busy today while I was waiting for my recent Equinox videos to download into Final Cut Pro X. (Still not finished).

Yes! Donna and I missed this cruise last year for health reason on my part. Thanks to you I get to see what I missed and hope to get this one off our bucket list in the future.

Kevin Reid

Videos crash each time I try to view. Crash reports sent. I'm going to try watching on desktop.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hello Again,

Kevin Reid

Thank you for reading and your input . I have the knack for still photos ( including editing ) but have not learned the editing process for videos - and it's shows . Pretty much raw footage and filmed from a you are there POV . And quite frankly I'm perplexed at the popularity of some of the videos and and the lack thereof of others , so I tend to shoot more stills . Don't be shy with questions if you have any about the cruise , OK ? :) :D

I access C.C via Google. That plays the video, but if I go through the Cruise Critic app, then it shuts it down. I had a message on my iPad to say ,' unexpected close down, send message' but that doesn't work either, as I then get a 'mail delivery subsystem message' to say that the address is unknown.

I use the app for attaching photos, but prefer the format by going through Google.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I access C.C via Google. That plays the video, but if I go through the Cruise Critic app, then it shuts it down. I had a message on my iPad to say ,' unexpected close down, send message' but that doesn't work either, as I then get a 'mail delivery subsystem message' to say that the address is unknown.

I use the app for attaching photos, but prefer the format by going through Google.

I'll try that and report back.

I'll try that and report back.

Worked like a charm! I usually follow the path of least resistance, in other words, accessing through app. So glad I was directed this way cuz it made me aware of my dopey photo and signature being out-of-date.

Glad to be of assistance, I'm still learning all the time![emoji106]

Thank you Jackie for the help !

I rarely use Pat's iPad , in fact only while traveling . When I looked today I noticed that the Frmpei's signature with the links to his videos are missing and that my videos show a photo with an arrow that won't allow you to go to the video .

My Windows desktop is what I normally use and I can see people's signature at the bottom and a script link in blue that will underline when you put your cursor on it and will link to the video when clicked . I haven't tried my Windows or Pat's Apple laptops yet .