Solar Eclipse : A pictorial review of the Exotic Southern Caribbean

scubacruiserx2

We made fine and our sky club in Atlanta is called TGIFridays , for breakfast . We had a nice sunny day yesterday and a little rain last night . It is still a couple of hours before sunrise here but it feels later .:):D

I have been in that club once as well, breakfast in TGIFs sort of feels wrong but it was fine.:D

No we will not be doing a live from . It has been very overcast and gray . A little bumpy last night , but we do like the HAL experience so far and we love the suite life !

Juneau tomorrow at 1 pm .

The ride up to Alaska is usually very grey, but usually improves once you get to the ports, although you may encounter some rain. Once you get to the inside passage, the ride is smooth.

A quick update . We are leaving Glacier Bay and the gray skies are back after some sun near the glacier . :cool:

There has been a chance in schedule with Sitka canceled tomorrow and replaced with Ketchikan a day early . This messed up both of our private tours . We will now visit Victoria at 0800 - 2200 instead of 1800-2400 . We have not heard from the guide there yet .

A quick update . We are leaving Glacier Bay and the gray skies are back after some sun near the glacier . :cool:

There has been a chance in schedule with Sitka canceled tomorrow and replaced with Ketchikan a day early . This messed up both of our private tours . We will now visit Victoria at 0800 - 2200 instead of 1800-2400 . We have not heard from the guide there yet .

Glad you got some sun, it really helps bring out some of the blue green colours in the glaciers.

Shame about the schedule change missing Sitka,and screwing your tours around. I suppose the consolation is that it will be nice to have more time in Victoria though.

Excellent news.[emoji7]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We also had a similar day in Victoria yesterday . :cool:

We did return to Sunny Seattle today where will spend the night . We will have a long day tomorrow and are suppose to arrive home at 2200 . We can't wait to share some photos on Monday . :D:)

We did return to Sunny Seattle today where will spend the night . We will have a long day tomorrow and are suppose to arrive home at 2200 . We can't wait to share some photos on Monday . :D:)

Hope you had a good cruise.

I may have to wait to look at your photo share in depth, as I haven't organised / paid for internet on board Crown Princess, as I can use my money more wisely. This is the one disadvantage of being on a new cruise line (to us) as our status is only Ruby (via P &O). After this cruise we will reach Platinum, where we would get some free internet minutes.

Can't wait to hear about your first Alaskan trip AND your first suite experience....hope it was wonderful....and also hope the trip home is safe and on time!!!:)

Can't wait to hear about your first Alaskan trip AND your first suite experience....hope it was wonderful....and also hope the trip home is safe and on time!!!:)

It was sweet ! I forgot ,when is your cruise ? One recommendation OK ? We were told that there was a short VIP line for disembarkation . It wasn't accurate and so we had a long general line . We would get off first next time instead of waiting on the ship and expecting a shorter express line .

Hope you had a good cruise.

I may have to wait to look at your photo share in depth, as I haven't organised / paid for internet on board Crown Princess, as I can use my money more wisely. This is the one disadvantage of being on a new cruise line (to us) as our status is only Ruby (via P &O). After this cruise we will reach Platinum, where we would get some free internet minutes.

Have a great cruise !

We saw the Ruby Princess in port yesterday so the cruise season is getting busy here as in the Europe . Platinum will give your more perks if you choose Princess again and we really hope that you have a good trip on Princess and good weather ! :cool:

It was sweet ! I forgot ,when is your cruise ? One recommendation OK ? We were told that there was a short VIP line for disembarkation . It wasn't accurate and so we had a long general line . We would get off first next time instead of waiting on the ship and expecting a shorter express line .

Our trip is in 29 days!! We fly to Anchorage, then go to Denali for 3 days and then to Seward where we pick up the ship and cruise to Vancouver. Thanks for the advice about the "VIP" line....though doubt we qualify anyway since this is our 1st HAL cruise.....

Can't wait to see your pictures!!!

Hope you had a smooth trip home. Can't wait to see your Alaska pictures!

Excellent news, I look forward to seeing the pics, will they be here or in a new thread.

Our trip is in 29 days!! We fly to Anchorage, then go to Denali for 3 days and then to Seward where we pick up the ship and cruise to Vancouver. Thanks for the advice about the "VIP" line....though doubt we qualify anyway since this is our 1st HAL cruise.....

Can't wait to see your pictures!!!

Super , it's nice to have time to plan and research . We did wish we could have stayed and cruised longer like you are doing . Suites do qualify you for early disembarkation in Seattle , but we're not sure about Vancouver .

We're up late this morning playing catch up so when the new thread starts maybe in a day or so on the HAL site , we will link it .

Good day sunshine ! :cool:

Super , it's nice to have time to plan and research . We did wish we could have stayed and cruised longer like you are doing . Suites do qualify you for early disembarkation in Seattle , but we're not sure about Vancouver .

We're up late this morning playing catch up so when the new thread starts maybe in a day or so on the HAL site , we will link it .

Thanks for the link. These two cruises are to two of my favorite places, so I'll be following both. I always enjoy your reviews.

Don't worry about rushing, I have more patience than a five year old now that I have hit the half century mark. My wife says it is now more like that of a teenager.;p

Thanks for the link. These two cruises are to two of my favorite places, so I'll be following both. I always enjoy your reviews.

Well thank you . We're glad to have you along . I just got the other thread going and I'll to back fill and finish this one as we go .

Don't worry about rushing, I have more patience than a five year old now that I have hit the half century mark. My wife says it is now more like that of a teenager.;p

Did we miss your birthday Mic ?

Well happy belated birthday ! :) :D

And your present , a free trip to Alaska , can be found on the Holland America site at the red link .

It's called Eurodam to Alaska : We came , we saw , we photographed .

lhttp://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2497409

DSC00442_zps8ologkga.jpg

Did we miss your birthday Mic ?

Well happy belated birthday ! :) :D

And your present , a free trip to Alaska , can be found on the Holland America site at the red link .

It's called Eurodam to Alaska : We came , we saw , we photographed .

Well thanks heaps for that, it was totally unexpected as a birthday present for my 50th.