Solar Eclipse : A pictorial review of the Exotic Southern Caribbean

scubacruiserx2

2 video clips . The first is the Pitons in our wake and the second is looking up at the towering mountain above us

Our second dive was near the Anse Chastanet resort

There are things here that shouldn't be touched like this urchin

DSCI0185_zpspjhoyrl8.jpg

And also hidden dangers . Can you see the hidden venomous Stone fish in this photo and video ?

DSCI0190_zpselflnmim.jpg

It was nice to see some Elkhorn Coral which has been decimated by White band disease in the Caribbean and Florida

DSCI0198_zpscmenpcpg.jpg

You can see a better view in the video as I circled it

Here's a couple of views of the resort and beach as we leave .

DSC00458-001_zpsrwlpk5ay.jpg

DSC00462_zpskb58y7rq.jpg

And the video clip :

Sorry to here that , perhaps you should share that as well as a point of reference .

We used Scuba Steves premium service which costs a little more but gave us a faster and less crowded boat that took us further south than our previous visit there .

dive-boat-volan-st-lucia_zpsjdybqydg.jpg

The Captain noticed my wife's scar on her knee and made sure that the crew gave her extra help . We also had a nice multi course meal , soft drinks and water . We enjoyed the Aruba dive boat but we think that St. Lucia was better over all and loved the scenery from the boat .

We used Dive Fair Helen...Scuba Steve's no refund policy at the time kind of rubbed us the wrong way because we have had St Lucia taken off of our itinerary just prior to sailing by RCI. We have already been in contact with SS for 2018 so I am glad to see your review. FYI, we have also been in contact with VIP in Bonaire but we are still on the fence about that one. We don't cruise until February so we have time.

I have loved your review and your photos are spectacular.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

We used Dive Fair Helen...Scuba Steve's no refund policy at the time kind of rubbed us the wrong way because we have had St Lucia taken off of our itinerary just prior to sailing by RCI. We have already been in contact with SS for 2018 so I am glad to see your review. FYI, we have also been in contact with VIP in Bonaire but we are still on the fence about that one. We don't cruise until February so we have time.

I have loved your review and your photos are spectacular.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing that Robin . We did enjoy our dives in both places but the shore entries in Bonaire can be tough on old knees ! :cool:

We tried for our favorite view in the aft but they were all gone and so we had to settle for an suite instead :rolleyes:

And we really are looking forward to aft view on the Koningsdam with you so much so that we just couldn't wait and so we

had to book this cruise . :) :D

I'm sure you were already looking at booking Alaska, but I will still take credit for inspiring you to book the Eurodam! :D

The color in your videos is amazing; I loved watching the eel; and the lobsters!! Makes you want to never eat lobster again. But, my favorite, was the peacock fish. I have never heard of this guy, he is beautiful!

Thank you for sharing!

The color in your videos is amazing; I loved watching the eel; and the lobsters!! Makes you want to never eat lobster again. But, my favorite, was the peacock fish. I have never heard of this guy, he is beautiful!

Thank you for sharing!

The light brings out the color and we really like night dives where you really see the color !

I hope that you won't be upset but we used to enjoy inviting lobsters home for dinner after a dive . :):D

We just got to Atlanta and are waiting for our flight to Seattle . We are flying 1 st Class on Delta and we just found out that is does not include admission to the club . Surprise !

Sent from my iPad using Forums

WHAT ??????

How can that be? :confused:

I just checked the Delta Sky Club info page:

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/traveling-with-us/airports-and-aircraft/delta-sky-club/glossary-of-terms.html

Delta One® or SkyTeam Premium Cabin Passenger

Delta One or SkyTeam Premium Cabin Passenger

Customers traveling in Delta One on an international Delta flight or a domestic Delta flight connecting to/from a same-day international Delta flight* in Delta One or travel in international First/Business Class on a SkyTeam-operated flight. (In order to qualify for Club access, the customer must be confirmed in the premium (first or business class) cabin for the international segment of their itinerary.)

*International Travel includes: Customers traveling to/from Europe, Asia, South America, Central America, Africa, Canada and Mexico (excludes travel to/from the Caribbean, Guam, Palau and Saipan).

WHAT ??????

How can that be? :confused:

I just checked the Delta Sky Club info page:

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/traveling-with-us/airports-and-aircraft/delta-sky-club/glossary-of-terms.html

Delta One® or SkyTeam Premium Cabin Passenger

Delta One or SkyTeam Premium Cabin Passenger

Customers traveling in Delta One on an international Delta flight or a domestic Delta flight connecting to/from a same-day international Delta flight* in Delta One or travel in international First/Business Class on a SkyTeam-operated flight. (In order to qualify for Club access, the customer must be confirmed in the premium (first or business class) cabin for the international segment of their itinerary.)

*International Travel includes: Customers traveling to/from Europe, Asia, South America, Central America, Africa, Canada and Mexico (excludes travel to/from the Caribbean, Guam, Palau and Saipan).

As they are flying from Florida to Seattle (all domestic), they do not qualify. Delta has 2 forms of first class: First Class is domestic and Delta One is international.

As they are flying from Florida to Seattle (all domestic), they do not qualify. Delta has 2 forms of first class: First Class is domestic and Delta One is international.

So no domestic flight qualifies! :mad:

We have Platinum Amex cards and therefore get in but those clubs aren't THAT special to disqualify first class passengers. :confused:

Nowhere near as nice as the Amex lounges.

We have Platinum Amex cards and therefore get in but those clubs aren't THAT special to disqualify first class passengers. :confused:

Domestic only qualifies if it is in conjunction with international (i.e. if I fly from MCO to JFK to BCN in first class I can use the lounge in JFK).

I agree, though. I have the gold Delta Amex so I get discounted access and I have only used it a few times if I have a very long time to utilize it as it is quieter than the rest of the terminal. I'm sure it is a matter of crowd control to make them seem more exclusive. :rolleyes:

Joe & Pat, hope you had a great flight to Seattle despite the lack of lounge access. I know you are going to love the Alaska cruise. I'm counting on you to help me convince Barry to give Alaska a chance, and that he will not be frozen to death on an Alaska cruise. :D

We fly to Vegas tomorrow. There will be no first class lounge for us either. We're on Southwest, so we are more likely to be flapping our arms to keep the plane flying! At least we are on a nonstop flight. Now if they can just keep the tram at MCO from the main terminal to the departure gates running I'll be happy as the tram has gone down 3 or 4 days this week.

Edited by perfect match

Our first time flying Delta in years . They wanted $ 60 each for a day pass , and so we passed . We are spoiled by Virgin Atlantic and their 1 st Class club in LHR !

We did upgrade our room at the Pan Pacific for $ 20 a day to a Space Needle view and we're having lunch there today . :):cool:

If you have time, try to walk down to Gastown and visit the shops. It is my favorite part of Vancouver. Now you are leaving my favorite place, the Caribbean, to visit my second favorite place, Alaska. We've done that cruise twice, so if you have any questions along the way, just ask. My favorite excursion is glacier flight seeing. We have done that in Juneau and did a glacier flight and landing in Talkeetna.

If you have time, try to walk down to Gastown and visit the shops. It is my favorite part of Vancouver. Now you are leaving my favorite place, the Caribbean, to visit my second favorite place, Alaska. We've done that cruise twice, so if you have any questions along the way, just ask. My favorite excursion is glacier flight seeing. We have done that in Juneau and did a glacier flight and landing in Talkeetna.

We are suppose to leave Seattle at 4 today . We can't think of any questions , but thank you for your help ! :):D

We are suppose to leave Seattle at 4 today . We can't think of any questions , but thank you for your help ! :):D

Just wondering if you'll be doing a "live from" on this cruise? We loved Alaska on the Solstice but went in September so would be great to see a review done from earlier in the season.

Enjoy your cruise!!

Just wondering if you'll be doing a "live from" on this cruise? We loved Alaska on the Solstice but went in September so would be great to see a review done from earlier in the season.

Enjoy your cruise!!

No we will not be doing a live from . It has been very overcast and gray . A little bumpy last night , but we do like the HAL experience so far and we love the suite life !

Juneau tomorrow at 1 pm .