Constellation refurbishment

Florida_cruisers

Is the Constellation set to be refurbished or did it just happen? I read that it went through an extensive refurbishment in 2010 but that it was due for another one. What's the status on it?

I am considering booking this cruise as a back to back (sort of) to Royal Caribbean's Symphony next Summer we have never been on Celebrity so I am curious about it. This ship's itinerary would fit well within our plans.

Connie is going on dry dock for two weeks in late May - early June this summer. Some refurbishments are going to be done for the public areas and some cabins (mainly suites) and e.g. Ocean Liners restaurant will be converted into Tuscan Grille & some other changes in the other restaurants.

If you look at the schedule, Connie's drydock will end just prior to the June 5th cruise our of Venice.
I doubt that as she is sailing from Barcelona to Venice 10 nights 25th May I believe the refurb is prior to that cruise

I doubt that as she is sailing from Barcelona to Venice 10 nights 25th May I believe the refurb is prior to that cruise

The open slot is May 12th and returning to service on May 26th. Here is a press release from the Millennium work done last year, this is pretty much they will probably be doing.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/about-celebrity/about-celebrity-overview#footer_pages_about_celebrity_press_room_tab/about-celebrity/press-room?subtab=true&year=2016&event_date=2016-05-12&sequence_code=a

The open slot is May 12th and returning to service on May 26th. Here is a press release from the Millennium work done last year, this is pretty much they will probably be doing.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/about-celebrity/about-celebrity-overview#footer_pages_about_celebrity_press_room_tab/about-celebrity/press-room?subtab=true&year=2016&event_date=2016-05-12&sequence_code=a

Yes sorry. That is correct.

This link don't seem to work, on the new website where do they put the news?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just checked the link and it worked however press releases are on news at the bottom of the first page of the Celebrity web site. I can't help you with the UK website.

Connie is going on dry dock for two weeks in late May - early June this summer. Some refurbishments are going to be done for the public areas and some cabins (mainly suites) and e.g. Ocean Liners restaurant will be converted into Tuscan Grille & some other changes in the other restaurants.

Actually, its Qsine that will replace Ocean Liners. And seven "Edge style" cabins according senior staff onboard the Constellation last week.

Actually, its Qsine that will replace Ocean Liners. And seven "Edge style" cabins according senior staff onboard the Constellation last week.

A chef de rang at OL told us the same thing when we were onboard last month. On the cruise line wanting all M class ships to be standardised, the MCC was quick to point out that for a long time, Tuscan was only on the Constellation. Will be interesting to see what really happens.

Yes true but will they switch places on the ship like other M class refurbishments? In effect Tuscan Grill moves into a larger space currently occupied by Ocean Liners? Qsine is then put in upstairs in the current Tuscan Grill space?

Yes true but will they switch places on the ship like other M class refurbishments? In effect Tuscan Grill moves into a larger space currently occupied by Ocean Liners? Qsine is then put in upstairs in the current Tuscan Grill space?

I doubt that very much. Much due to the fact that this will cost lots more money to do.

The space will be smaller because they are also putting in 7 cabins.

• 3 weeks later...
I have been thinking the same, if they are adding more cabins or new restaurants won't they want to be selling them?

I haven't looked to see if there are many cabins left on the first sailings after the refurb, but X will have GTY bookings that they could easily place in those alleged 7 new cabins ;).

I haven't looked to see if there are many cabins left on the first sailings after the refurb, but X will have GTY bookings that they could easily place in those alleged 7 new cabins ;).

I am on the cruise straight after dry dock.i am in the UK and at the moment concierge and aqua are available.

Regarding select dining on my cruise planner only Tuscan grill is mentioned.strange!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

I am on the cruise straight after dry dock.i am in the UK and at the moment concierge and aqua are available.

Regarding select dining on my cruise planner only Tuscan grill is mentioned.strange!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

Yes, not very many left though (just took a look ) and there will be some pax that are still waiting for cabins to be assigned if they booked a GTY.

Tuscan is still only showing for our Christmas cruise on Connie, but perhaps they are waiting until after dry dock? There's currently a live thread from Connie and I'm sure someone has asked for any updates from the poster regarding the refurb ;) - may be worth you subscribing?

The Constellation fact sheet was updated to reflect the correct refurb date. It also has a few changes from the last version...Rooftop Terrace and Qsine are listed, Ocean Liners is no longer listed. The number of staterooms matches the previous versions so this doesn't seem to indicate any new ones will be added. Qsine also has the same occupancy as Ocean Liners listed previously.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/e-lite/CEL/CE_Incentive_Meeting_Charters_eSales_Kit/New_Resources/_resource_center/Constellation_Fact_Sheet.pdf

Celebrity CONSTELLATION Fact Sheet.pdf