Butler service in suite

Viktoria

Has anyone ever gotten the butler to leave the coffee in your room in the morning without you getting up? It would be amazing to wake up to fresh coffee and not have to get a robe or anything to get to the door. Because if you are in a suite, anything above sky suite would have a private bedroom, so they could leave it in the other room and you wouldn't have to worry about it

Has anyone ever gotten the butler to leave the coffee in your room in the morning without you getting up? It would be amazing to wake up to fresh coffee and not have to get a robe or anything to get to the door. Because if you are in a suite, anything above sky suite would have a private bedroom, so they could leave it in the other room and you wouldn't have to worry about it

I think I've read here on CC about butlers doing that. :)

I have a room service/butler question. Last year we sailed in a SS on Connie and will be in another SS on Reflection in under 2 weeks. I think when we ordered room service at night, it was brought by room service and not the butler. Am I remembering correctly? If we order something, say at 11pm, we won't be disturbing our butler to bring us the tray, will we? At what time do butlers go off duty?

I think I've read here on CC about butlers doing that. :)

I have a room service/butler question. Last year we sailed in a SS on Connie and will be in another SS on Reflection in under 2 weeks. I think when we ordered room service at night, it was brought by room service and not the butler. Am I remembering correctly? If we order something, say at 11pm, we won't be disturbing our butler to bring us the tray, will we? At what time do butlers go off duty?

the butlers seem to work with the room service because when i would order breakfast most of the time it was brought by the room service guys. but that was the butler that I complained about on another thread. I don't think your butler will still be on at 11pm, so they will give it to someone else.

We had a pot of coffee delivered every morning at 6 AM (we told our butler on day 1 that this was a standing request) and we gave him or the night butler permission to enter our S1 even while we were asleep. It was fantastic waking up to the smell of fresh coffee every day!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

the butlers seem to work with the room service because when i would order breakfast most of the time it was brought by the room service guys. but that was the butler that I complained about on another thread. I don't think your butler will still be on at 11pm, so they will give it to someone else.

I wish that had happened on our cruise. We ordered coffee from room service to be delivered in the morning (a wake up call) and never got the coffee or the call. When my husband called, he was told rather gruffly that he should have ordered through our butler.

If I ask my butler to have some avocado and a Cosmo in my suite each afternoon is that something he/she can do? Of course I would schedule it ahead of time. I'm not much for dinner in the room since I like to meet people. My sis and I know each other well enough.

If I ask my butler to have some avocado and a Cosmo in my suite each afternoon is that something he/she can do? Of course I would schedule it ahead of time. I'm not much for dinner in the room since I like to meet people. My sis and I know each other well enough.

He'll probably do it, but you will be charged for the cosmo.

If you have a beverage package, they do not include drinks delivered to your cabin. If you want it, it is considered room service and therefore you will pay for it.

The avocado will be no charge (if they have them onboard)

Well darn. I guess I can get my own drink! I do have the bev package. Thank you for helping me along my journey into Celebrity. I think it will be a blast.

He'll probably do it, but you will be charged for the cosmo.

If you have a beverage package, they do not include drinks delivered to your cabin. If you want it, it is considered room service and therefore you will pay for it.

The avocado will be no charge (if they have them onboard)

As I read the posts about various experiences with butlers, I am beginning to consider my eight experiences with butlers to be well above average. Our butlers (when cruising with my late husband, cruising with a female friend, or cruising with my SO) have always been fabulous. If we asked for assistance with something, they have always been as accommodating as possible.

We have never asked a butler to deliver coffee in the morning by just letting himself in the cabin. We may ask about that on our Silhouette cruise next week and I will report back.

We/I have never had a butler pull a disappearing act and I would not be pleased if he did. I like to believe that we are low maintenance, but do occasionally ask for help within a limited time frame. Never been disappointed or turned down.

Our butlers have always been very accommodating, visible, wanted to perform small services, and always a available. Maybe we have just been lucky.

As I read the posts about various experiences with butlers, I am beginning to consider my eight experiences with butlers to be well above average. Our butlers (when cruising with my late husband, cruising with a female friend, or cruising with my SO) have always been fabulous. If we asked for assistance with something, they have always been as accommodating as possible.

We have never asked a butler to deliver coffee in the morning by just letting himself in the cabin. We may ask about that on our Silhouette cruise next week and I will report back.

We/I have never had a butler pull a disappearing act and I would not be pleased if he did. I like to believe that we are low maintenance, but do occasionally ask for help within a limited time frame. Never been disappointed or turned down.

Our butlers have always been very accommodating, visible, wanted to perform small services, and always a available. Maybe we have just been lucky.

what i think happens is that a butler has a certain number of rooms, but one or more ends up being high maintenance, ie cruise critic parties, or birthday parties and the like and the butler has to do that, which ends up taking a lot of time, and then being low maintenance and not a complainer, I'm good at complaining here, but I really don't do it on the boat. I actually even tip pretty well because I was a bartender for about 5 years and understand the need for that, but what I figure happens is that they get busy and my service falls to the wayside, that's ok, just happens... but it is frustrating

i never get the feeling that a butler i have had is lazy more likely overworked from time to time and unavailable.

VIshnu (our butler on Reflection a few weeks ago) was terrific! We had a pot of coffee and snacks delivered every afternoon at 3 PM (didn't want to go to Michael's Club). He asked what we liked and dor the rest of the week he brought cheese and crackers, sweets, plates of shrimp , etc. we have had butler service on NCL for the past 15 years and our Celebrity butler Vishnu is the best butler we have ever enjoyed! We definitely "thanked him" at the end of our cruise....

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Had a Sky 1 suite last May on Eclipse. The butler brought afternoon tea each day and reserved seats in the theatre for us on the chic nights. I think they should meet you when you board but we were too hasty to get to see our suite and then find some lunch. On the whole a luxury that could be done without.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When we were in a RS the butler brought coffee and breakfast every morning while we slept, and so we woke every morning to the sound of clinking classes and plates and the smell of fresh coffee. What a great way to start the day.

- Joel

As I'm preparing for a cruise I make a list of things I might want or need: certain pillows, cappuccino in the morning, champagne ice bucket, extra blanket, etc.

Then, before leaving home, I create a word document that I give him once I embark.

I always see my butlers in the corridors; we talk several times a day.

They cannot read your mind. Tell them what you need or want....

Would you be willing to share an example of this word document? Love the idea!

• Thanks 1

Would you be willing to share an example of this word document? Love the idea!

Sure, if you promise not to post it on CC. It IS a bunch of my personal preferences; some might be humorous.

Expand my signature (below) to see my email address. Be sure to includevyour CC screen name in your email.

Sure, if you promise not to post it on CC. It IS a bunch of my personal preferences; some might be humorous.

Expand my signature (below) to see my email address. Be sure to includevyour CC screen name in your email.

Email sent and I promise not to post it on CC. Thanks! :)

• 1 year later...

This is the first time we've booked a Sky Suite (S1), so I wasn't sure what to expect.  Your comments in this thread have been very helpful.  Just out of curiosity, to whom does the head (Michael's Club) butler report?

21 hours ago, Worldtvlr said:

This is the first time we've booked a Sky Suite (S1), so I wasn't sure what to expect.  Your comments in this thread have been very helpful.  Just out of curiosity, to whom does the head (Michael's Club) butler report?

Not sure whose post you are replying to, but the butlers report to the Suite Manager.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/11/2017 at 7:02 AM, Olive1950 said:

As I'm preparing for a cruise I make a list of things I might want or need: certain pillows, cappuccino in the morning, champagne ice bucket, extra blanket, etc.

Then, before leaving home, I create a word document that I give him once I embark.

I always see my butlers in the corridors; we talk several times a day.

They cannot read your mind. Tell them what you need or want....

I'm hoping I can also ask for copy of your list...please? we're new to cruising and this will be our first time to cruise on RS. Would great appreciate some tips and help. Thanks!

We make our butler a spreadsheet listing our wants, needs and let him/her know that we will want dinner in our suite on one of the evening chic nights.  We get a kick out of eating escargots, french onionsoup, caesar salad, rack of lamb, lobster and dessert while in our jammies watching a movie.  We call it “picnic night”.  We let our butler know our preferred snack list (shrimp cocktail, cheese and water crackers, etc).  They are not mind readers and we have been told that the list is helpful.

• Haha 1