Just of Harmony.

mtebor

Just got off Harmony this morning.

The ship lives up to its billing but we prefer Oasis or Allure a little better. I spent a lot of time in the Solarium and it would of been nice if there was a pool in the area instead of the three hottubs

We had an regular inside room which was nice but a little tight for three.

The weather was crappy for the first part with Nassau being rescheduled to Friday. an Ice skating show as well as several aquashows were postponed until the last night of the cruise. After seeing the show (which I thought was a little abstract to say the least) I can understand why. The performers are truly amazing but we preferred the AquaShow as well as the Ice Shows on the other ships better.

The food in the main dining room was good but nothing WOW stood out. We were impressed with the Windjammer though and probably should of had more meals up there.

We did Jamies Italian one night and thought it was good but not worth the $34 cover charge pp

The Royal IQ app worked without an internet package. I do like the concept of choosing the events you want to see and having them added to your personal itinerary. There were some issues as I book a few items and they showed on my app but didn't show in their system when we checked in.

I was surprised with the cost of wine at Vintages. Prices definitely went up to the point it kept me from drinking more wine. Very few choices under $12. I had one drink for $27 with a bogo. I probably drank less this cruise than any of the previous 9 I have been on.

I think RC changed the drink packages to just one alcoholic package for $57/day. I might be incorrect on this but should be close. My wife and daughter took the refreshment package and we probably broke even.

The headliner was Earl Turner and he was very good....possibly the best headliner I have seen. Grease was good but I was surprised by the lyrics. Even though I seen the movie many times I had no idea that some lyrics were that raunchy. Even though they had a disclaimer, I think they could of changed the lyrics as to make it more kid appropriate.

The comedy show had two acts, we thought the first comedian was better than the second.

Embarking and Disembarking is a strongpoint for rccl. We arrived at 11:30 and pretty much walked up to the counter and walked onto the ship We did the self disembarking and left at 7:30 and past through customs by 8 am.

I tried using the passport app but it wasn't processing until after we were in the terminal. The app is very popular and even though we finally got it working, we took the regular line as it was shorter.

Happy to answer any questions

Thanks for the feedback.

Curious if you used the Royal IQ app for texting at all, and the results if you did?

No I didn't.

I did see that if you dont use it and use the ships connection it was 50 cents outgoing 5 cents incoming. not sure how well that work as I didn't get a lot of text on vacation

Thanks for the feedback.

Curious if you used the Royal IQ app for texting at all, and the results if you did?

I have an iPhone 7 and it allowed me to send iMessages to anyone else with an iPhone - they went through without charge. Though my bill for that month was higher, I bought some data allowance while in FL (I'm from UK)

Hope this helps :)

I would be wary though and just send important messages - which is what I did (work related - I know, I know!!!)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have an iPhone 7 and it allowed me to send iMessages to anyone else with an iPhone - they went through without charge. Though my bill for that month was higher, I bought some data allowance while in FL (I'm from UK)

Hope this helps :)

I would be wary though and just send important messages - which is what I did (work related - I know, I know!!!)

I was curious about the performance of Royal IQ messaging, but it sounds like you used iMessage via WiFi instead. Thanks for the info.

Great review, and very helpful.

Do you recall if there were drink package discounts offered for Diamond or Diamond+, and how much were the discounts?

not sure. I was platinum at the time. Up to Emerald now

With all the features on Oasis class ships....including the various pools and jacuzzi units...we regularly laugh out loud when we read about the poor whiney people who miss a pool in the Solarium.

Quite frankly...on the other ships that have it...all we see are loud, obnoxious fat people who make the Solarium location experience less than what it can be for others in that location...so kudos for Harmony wising up to avoid it. We're looking forward to that improved scenario very soon.

I'm on Harmony now and the Royal IQ app is great. Our teenage daughters, DH and myself can all text each other for free with the app.

We did not purchase the $7.95 text option, but it still works. :)

(We all have iPhones)

Wait - I am confused and apparently not very tech savvy......;p Are your phones on airplane mode? We all have iphones, but I don't want to be surprised with some kind of texting charges from AT&T at the end of our cruise......why would there be a charge if you can do this for free?

I'm on Harmony now and the Royal IQ app is great. Our teenage daughters, DH and myself can all text each other for free with the app.

(We all have iPhones)

To confirm, you are messaging each other through the Royal IQ app and not through the standard messages app you use on your iPhones?

Totally agree with the no pool in the solarium that is why we cancelled 3 cruises on the Harmony and we hope the Symphony has one.

Sorry, you cancelled 3 cruises just because there was no pool in the solarium? wow.

I'm wondering about this too??? We're an android family. If we need to purchase the text option is it $7.95 for the whole cruise pp, or $7.95 pp/pd?

The cost of the texting option is $7.95 per phone per cruise.

Wait - I am confused and apparently not very tech savvy......;p Are your phones on airplane mode? We all have iphones, but I don't want to be surprised with some kind of texting charges from AT&T at the end of our cruise......why would there be a charge if you can do this for free?

Yes all of our phones are on airplane mode. I've even been texting my family back in Canada. On the Royal IQ app there is an option to buy this feature of texting while on the ship for $7.95. ( you'll see the option when you get on the ship and you register your cabin number) we did not purchase this option but for some reason it's working.

One mistake I made (for what ever reason) was not bringing my original booking information.

I was charged for gratuities even though were prepaid.

I went down to guest services and they said that I didn't pay them beforehand.

I just contacted rccl and included my original booking information. I am sure I will be receiving refund. This is the first time I forgot to bring the original documentation

(We all have iPhones)

are you saying the text option worked without paying... or that the royal IQ app itself worked?

I'm wondering about this too??? We're an android family. If we need to purchase the text option is it $7.95 for the whole cruise pp, or $7.95 pp/pd?

The $7.95 is per device for the entire cruise... not per day. Each person who wants to use the text feature must purchase it. You do not use your regular messaging APP... it is the messaging feature in the Royal IQ app itself.

I'm betting the OP will see text charges on his carrier's bill because they said they were using the standard messaging app. To be safe, your phone phone must be in airplane mode with the wi-fi turned on.