Hubbard Glacier, Tracy Arm or Glacier Bay?

snowmc

I would look for an itinerary with at least 2 of these 3 choices, because weather can easily knock one out (especially Hubbard). We took a Princess cruise that scheduled both Hubbard and Glacier Bay -- we had a glorious day in GB, but Hubbard had too much fog for the captain to safely navigate the icebergs so it was skipped. If Hubbard had been our only glacier viewing, we would have lost out completely.

I would look for an itinerary with at least 2 of these 3 choices, because weather can easily knock one out (especially Hubbard). We took a Princess cruise that scheduled both Hubbard and Glacier Bay -- we had a glorious day in GB, but Hubbard had too much fog for the captain to safely navigate the icebergs so it was skipped. If Hubbard had been our only glacier viewing, we would have lost out completely.

Yes...weather is one of the hazards of Hubbard....along with ice problems. If you can find a cruise that hits two...that's a bonus! We did a 14 day cruise Alaska cruise that hit all three....amazing trip!

Thanks for your reviews. We visited Glacier Bay and the Hubbard Glacier on our cruise last Fall. Both were amazing, but in my opinion, Glacier Bay was the best. My advice is to pick a cruise that definitely goes to Glacier Bay.