Does specialty dining package follow person or room?

bonez318ti

If I have a specialty dining package (via the 'Free at Sea') promotion - would it be possible to substitute one person for another (in another room) so they could try out the restaurants (we are booking 2 rooms and only one got the specialty dinner package)

Thanks

person 1 and person 2 are booked in cabin 1 and person 3 and person 4 are booked in cabin 2. Person 1 can make all their reservations for 2; and while technically person 1 and person 2 are the only ones entitled to the benefit, in my experience, they will only run 1 of their cards. So I doubt very much they would notice if person 1 and person 3 were the ones eating. But technically, no, person 1 and person 2 are the only two entitled to use the SDP.

with apologies to the OP...can we book sbp for one person only....
Yes you can. You should be able to do it on-line (when you select the package you want all the passengers on the booking will be checked by default, but you can uncheck most of them and just leave one person).

do they scan both cards for dinnner?

It depends how you're paying. Usually they assume that you're in the same cabin and charging everything to the same account, so they only need one card, but they typically ask to make sure. And if you have a dining package, they usually assume that both people have the same package, and I think they can verify this using one person's card (again, assuming that the other person is their cabinmate).

Other people report that they are systematically asked for everyone's cards at the table every time, but that has never been my experience, not one single time. So I would say that the OP's idea of switching out different people each time has a reasonably good chance of working, but be prepared to lie when they ask you if you're in the same cabin. If the staff suspect anything they can always ask for the other card, too, and then you're sunk.

with apologies to the OP...can we book sbp for one person only....

do they scan both cards for dinnner?

Each person at the table will get a separate receipt. You can select which person pays via their on board account vs. SDP. Make sure you are very clear with your waiter. The SDP is tied to a specific person and can not be used by another person.

Other people report that they are systematically asked for everyone's cards at the table every time, but that has never been my experience, not one single time. So I would say that the OP's idea of switching out different people each time has a reasonably good chance of working, but be prepared to lie when they ask you if you're in the same cabin. If the staff suspect anything they can always ask for the other card, too, and then you're sunk.

This is the best answer. The SDP credits are non-transferrable; but in my experience they only scanned 1 card per room. So as long as you say you are in the same room theres a good chance they won't notice - but, if they do, realize those credits aren't transferable and he prepaid to pay for the other person.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On previous cruises only 1 card was run but on our recent Sun cruise both cards were asked for, both cards were scanned, each of us was given a slip to sign. I am thinking it is looking like that loophole is now closed.