Requests for private table

JillMcC

I've read in previous threads about people who have emailed the maitre d' requesting a specific table, i.e.; table by a window, two person table, etc. Has anyone done this, and how do you get the email for the maitre d'? The first night of our cruise will be mine and my DH's anniversary and we would like to dine privately if possible.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do you have Anytime Dining? DH and I always get a table for 2 when we arrive at the dining room each evening. Before they had Anytime Dining, we just asked the maitre'd the first night for a table for 2 for the whole cruise and always got it. We have been Platinum members for many years, so maybe that made a difference.

Do you have Anytime Dining? DH and I always get a table for 2 when we arrive at the dining room each evening. Before they had Anytime Dining, we just asked the maitre'd the first night for a table for 2 for the whole cruise and always got it. We have been Platinum members for many years, so maybe that made a difference.

Yes, we have anytime dining. So does that mean we will most likely get a table for 2? Thanks for your response!

Yes, with anytime dining they will sit you by yourselves unless you ask to sit with others. Think of it like going to a restaurant at home. You go up when you are hungry and ask for a table for 2. So much nicer than traditional dining.

Yes, we have anytime dining. So does that mean we will most likely get a table for 2? Thanks for your response!

With Anytime Dining, you will be asked each evening how many is in your party. You may be asked if you want to share a table or wait for one for just your party. Sometimes you are taken immediately to a table for just your party. If you are willing to wait a little, tell the hostess exactly what you want and she will try her best to accommodate you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had any time dining on the Triumph-August 2016, me and babe were always seated at a 2 person table in the MDR, never asked. The only time we sat with others was the one time we had breakfast in the MDR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be totally fair, the Anytime Dining table for 2 is 6 inches away from another table for 2....so not very "private."

Oh. Well, I guess the idea of being private is nice, lol! [emoji12]

To be totally fair, the Anytime Dining table for 2 is 6 inches away from another table for 2....so not very "private."

We had a separate table that was more than 6 inches apart, with walk space in between for cruisers and waiters. We must have been lucky. (Triumph)

You could ask for a splash guard to have in place if the tables are too close, this offers extra privacy.

KIDDING!

Check out the upper floor available on some ships. Great seating around the rail overlooking the lower level. Great view and private.

That's the way we've done it for the past 10-12 years. They usually publish the time and place for Maitre D' requests in the Fun Times (or whatever they call it).

Ooh, good to know! Thanks!

Ooh, good to know! Thanks!

If you have Anytime Dining, you will be wasting your time going to see he maitre'd on embarkation day since you cannot get an assigned table in Anytime a Dining.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had any time dining on the Triumph-August 2016, me and babe were always seated at a 2 person table in the MDR, never asked. The only time we sat with others was the one time we had breakfast in the MDR.

That's how we'll approach it. I nave no issue with sharing a table at breakfast or lunch. But we'll dine as a couple at dinner.

I'm assuming your anniversary is not the lst night of your cruise. So just take a "tour" of the dining room sometime before the big night and make a notation of the tables you would prefer. Then when you check in with the hostess, ask if those tables are available. If you really have your heart set on a certain table, I would get there as soon as the doors open and be one of the lst on line. Have a great cruise and Happy Anniversary! :hearteyes:

I'm assuming your anniversary is not the lst night of your cruise. So just take a "tour" of the dining room sometime before the big night and make a notation of the tables you would prefer. Then when you check in with the hostess, ask if those tables are available. If you really have your heart set on a certain table, I would get there as soon as the doors open and be one of the lst on line. Have a great cruise and Happy Anniversary! :hearteyes:

Yes, our anniversary IS the first night of our cruise. We've been talking about possibly doing the steakhouse. Because you pick a time for that, do you sit by yourselves?

You could ask for a splash guard to have in place if the tables are too close, this offers extra privacy.

KIDDING!

Check out the upper floor available on some ships. Great seating around the rail overlooking the lower level. Great view and private.

What?! A splash guard? I'll make sure to remember to ask! [emoji6][emoji23]

Yes, you'll be seated by yourselves AND you get a free bottle of (cheap) wine or 50% off a decent bottle of wine if you dine there the first night of the cruise.

Yes to free wine!! [emoji485]

When you're seated, ask for extra menus. Then use them to build a fort around your table. Extra privacy! :cool:

Hey, good idea! It'll be just like when I took tests in middle school[emoji3]