How long can I stay on the ship?

Derbie

Assuming you're on a 'regular' cruise (i.e. it's not an overnight stay that you're choosing to depart early from) all lines want you off the ship ASAP so they can turn it around for the new folks.

9:30am seems to be about as late as you can stay onboard on departure day - certainly with all the lines I've ever cruised with. If the ship arrives later than the typical 7am-ish schedule, you can assume 2-3 hours after scheduled arrival time will be kicking-off time, but you should assume that you have to fill most of the day somewhere onshore.

Typically by 10:00 AM on most cruise lines.

The reason is simple.

In the USA the ship must have a zero count (all passengers off the ship) before the ship can be cleared so that those continuing on the cruise (in transit guests) can return to the ship and before newly embarking guests can board. This is all part of getting the ship cleared.

Keith

The question sounds reasonable until you do it. Nothing to do and everything closed. We learned to stay in cabin as long as possible, at least we KNOW there's a place to sit

The question sounds reasonable until you do it. Nothing to do and everything closed. We learned to stay in cabin as long as possible, at least we KNOW there's a place to sit

I hope you don't mean you stay in your room until you leave the ship. Most cruise lines ask you to be out early, around 8:00. This way your cabin steward can get the rooms ready for the next batch of cruisers and maybe, even maybe, get an hour off inbetween guests.