Are the perks really free?

Sandi07054

What cruise are you looking at? I look at lots of different cruises and have always found a cruise price with no perks. The only exceptions I've see are transatlantics and repositioning cruises.

When I couldn't find any I was looking at 2018 med cruises. I mentioned above, I got a resident rate on Connie on my Suez Canal repositioning cruise. I haven't checked the 2018 med cruises in about a month, but got nothing back then.

I did that. Clicked every box it would let me. No discounts available, took my straight back to 'go bigger' being the best available rate.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That Solstice Hawaiian cruise is very unique; must be why there are no special discount rates - the exception that proves the rule!

When I couldn't find any I was looking at 2018 med cruises. I mentioned above, I got a resident rate on Connie on my Suez Canal repositioning cruise. I haven't checked the 2018 med cruises in about a month, but got nothing back then.

You are right. I checked several 2018 Med cruises and I couldn't find any that would give a lower price with no perks. I even found a couple with no perks listed to choose from. I tried several in 2017 and everyone I checked had a lower price with no perks. The 2018 prices are really high. Maybe if you check back, say early fall, things will be back to normal.

To get the rate, all I do is check the senior box and AZ resident.

You are right. I checked several 2018 Med cruises and I couldn't find any that would give a lower price with no perks. I even found a couple with no perks listed to choose from. I tried several in 2017 and everyone I checked had a lower price with no perks. The 2018 prices are really high. Maybe if you check back, say early fall, things will be back to normal.

Wonder which State gets the most resident rate discounts? Obviously, we never get any but I could always become a resident of that special State in the future ;).

That Solstice Hawaiian cruise is very unique; must be why there are no special discount rates - the exception that proves the rule!

I get that - it still a year out and getting close to sold out! And don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic with the price we got for it with the bev package. Just seeing people taking for granted that those non-perk prices are always available because they aren't.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Haha...you think that price is expensive, now add 33% and you know what a Canadian feels like ;)

I totally agree on your post, we do the same amount of drinking, and the drink package has been to our advantage. I see that you were in stateroom 3128, I have booked that cabin for my next cruise. How did you like your room, any pictures.

Thanks

We will be on that cruise 4/30/2017.

You are right. I checked several 2018 Med cruises and I couldn't find any that would give a lower price with no perks. I even found a couple with no perks listed to choose from. I tried several in 2017 and everyone I checked had a lower price with no perks. The 2018 prices are really high. Maybe if you check back, say early fall, things will be back to normal.........
Yes, lots of the better discounted rates do not appear until closer to the sailing date, and the special category deeply discounted rates available to limited select groups are not even shown on the regular Celebrity website seen by the general public.

Totally agree. Lots of the better discounted rates do not appear until after final payment. Usually you have no way to do any upgrades because your paid prices were inflated by your prepaid perks.