Sharing info/experience - suite request/concierge.

You have about a 50/50 chance of your requests being done before you arrive in your room. It usually doesn't take long after requesting from your steward or butler what you need done.

Since I am not fond of the "regular" rotation of afternoon snacks, I tell them what I do like. After a few times of getting way too much, I decided to let the butler know in the morning what we'd like (we may have leftovers from previous day) For me, it makes a difference as to if it's a port day, time we will return, and the like. I have asked them to refrigerate on a few occasions.

I leave notes for things we're low on since they do miss things occasionally.

I hope you have a wonderful butler and cruise :-))

TY! - good idea with the notes and asking them to refrigerate depending on port/return to room time.

Our Dawn Precovierage requests were not honored like the type of pillows and emptying of the mini bar. once onboard our snack requests were ignored and the butler just brought the featured snacks. perhaps SJ family Suites get less priority.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This was our experience as well. Not only that but the restaurants were all very attentive and careful about our dietary restrictions and my son's allergy but the snacks brought to our room were often things we couldn't eat. We even got shrimp one day which I had informed them was a deadly allergy. The other things we just left sitting on the table uneaten, that day I called to have the shrimp removed since he has had to go to the hospital for simply touching a plate with shrimp on it before.

Has anyone had luck requesting reading wedges? I've asked for them every time and never received them.

Funny you mention this. That is what I was going to ask. We've asked the last 3 times and no, the elusive wedges have not appeared. I truly don't believe they exist, or if they do, they are on a limited # of ships and in short supply.

As far as other items, YMMV. Our last trip in Dec. actually all was done except the wedge. I have to give them the thumbs-up that time around.

We have always requested and received reading wedges. On the Star for some reason there was not one in the cabin but I asked the room steward as he was there when we popped in and he said it would be there when we returned and it was. On the Jade the reading wedge was strange but it was indeed a reading pillow.

okay, now i am confused. i was just looking at the NCL web site, and it says suite passengers get bottled water and soda. but i've been told here they do not. which is it?

It depends on the H category. Our suites have always included one bottle of water. I believe garden villas, deluxe owners and owners suites have unlimited bottles of water.

It depends on the H category. Our suites have always included one bottle of water. I believe garden villas, deluxe owners and owners suites have unlimited bottles of water.

we are just in a regular 2 bedroom suite, not in the haven. but the web site does not specify that only haven get the water and soda. it does have that caveat on the specialty liquor(**), but not the water and soda.

Our Dawn Precovierage requests were not honored like the type of pillows and emptying of the mini bar. once onboard our snack requests were ignored and the butler just brought the featured snacks. perhaps SJ family Suites get less priority.

No it was just our butler we had on that cruise. Friends of ours on the same cruise had different butlers and recieved what they requested.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Forums mobile app

we are just in a regular 2 bedroom suite, not in the haven. but the web site does not specify that only haven get the water and soda. it does have that caveat on the specialty liquor(**), but not the water and soda.

We stayed in regular suites (only one ship we sailed had a Haven area) and received one bottle of water no comp soda. This time we are in H5 and Platinum so maybe we will get an extra water. Someone in the OS and above can tell you about those.

Hi MearfansinBoise,

I just disembarked from the Jewel last Sunday and had a penthouse suite with a large balcony which I believe is your category too. My daughter was in the Owner's Suite next door. Her cabin was a Haven class 3 suite and had privileges up there. Our room did not. They got three bottles of liquor, we got one sparking wine and one or two bottles of water. They also got sodas and extra water included.

Just an FYI, your balcony is pretty breezy while sailing. It is a very nice location for whale watching. The room was great. Your concierge will be Bruno. Ours was Virginia, but she left on March 19.

You have many privileges, but it may not include the special seating in the Stardust. We got to "tag along" because we were with the Owner's Suite folks.

So, ask away if you have questions about the Penthouse Suite with a large balcony. Enjoy!

Only the OS, DOS, and GV get unlimited in room bottled water and soda.

thanks! it is weird that they do not specify this on the web site, since they have the liquor specified that way. boo.

We have stayed twice a DOS and once in a 2 bedroom suite (Jade) and the only time we had any liquor and sodas was in the DOS. There will be sodas, liquor and candy in the mini fridge, but if you use it they will charge you for it. So if you have children and don't want to pay for it, have the room steward clean it out so you will have room for other things. It is rather small. You should have 1 bottle of water also. If you drink it they will replace it for a charge. Also, the second bathroom had the shampoo and body wash in a dispenser on the wall in the shower. If you want the better shampoo and conditioner ( BVLGARI) ask to have that put in the 2nd bathroom also. I hope you enjoy your cruise.

Only the OS, DOS, and GV get unlimited in room bottled water and soda.

The beverage package comes with sodas. So does that mean we will have to get the sodas ourselves? Or do you think our butler can bring a pitcher of soda to room if the beverage package only allows for fountain drinks? We are in a SE forward suite on the Jade in Nov.

Has anyone had luck requesting reading wedges? I've asked for them every time and never received them.

On our last cruise on Breakaway, I requested a reading wedge from our Butler and our Room Steward and I never got it. I don't think they actually have them. ;p

On our last cruise on Breakaway, I requested a reading wedge from our Butler and our Room Steward and I never got it. I don't think they actually have them. ;p

Perhaps because the Jade and Star are smaller ships I had them both times. I will let you know in 90+ days if The suites on the Epic have them.

The beverage package comes with sodas. So does that mean we will have to get the sodas ourselves? Or do you think our butler can bring a pitcher of soda to room if the beverage package only allows for fountain drinks? We are in a SE forward suite on the Jade in Nov.

You can't get soda yourself; there is no self serve option. You can stop by any bar and order one though.

I don't know if your butler would bring you a pitcher of soda. Technically drinks (alcoholic beverages) delivered by your butler are not covered by the ubp. A pitcher of soda might be low enough overhead (the butler can stop by the bar and fill a pitcher from the tap without asking the bartender for anything) that they might just bring it for you.

I think you may have to ask and see.

You can't get soda yourself; there is no self serve option. You can stop by any bar and order one though.

I don't know if your butler would bring you a pitcher of soda. Technically drinks (alcoholic beverages) delivered by your butler are not covered by the ubp. A pitcher of soda might be low enough overhead (the butler can stop by the bar and fill a pitcher from the tap without asking the bartender for anything) that they might just bring it for you.

I think you may have to ask and see.

thank you.

We were on the Dawn the first week of March... 4 travelers with side by side SD suites. The first room suite had all of the pre-arranged requests taken care of while the second suite had none of the requests handled. The first suite had a much better butler... he was attentive and handled requests expediently. The second suite had a different butler who never did empty the minibar despite being asked to do so daily in addition to asking the pre-cruise concierge. We had such a lousy experience with him that we decided against booking a suite on our next cruise.

All this to say, it seems like the handling of pre-cruise concierge requests really appears to depend on your butler.

Perhaps because the Jade and Star are smaller ships I had them both times. I will let you know in 90+ days if The suites on the Epic have them.

We've asked for them on both the large and small ships and never got them.

• 1 year later...

So the mini bar items in your suite are not complimentary? We are sailing on the Spirit (July 2019) in a category SF cabin.

We were in a suite on the Coral Princess last summer and our mini bar was all included and re stocked for us daily.

Those suites also included free laundry at any time. Is this not a perk on NCL?

Thanks. This is our first time on NCL.

There is not a complimentary mini bar on NCL.

There is not free laundry unless you are Platinum (latitudes tier level) and above....then you are entitled to a free bag per cruise (more than once on longer cruises)

So the mini bar items in your suite are not complimentary? We are sailing on the Spirit (July 2019) in a category SF cabin.

We were in a suite on the Coral Princess last summer and our mini bar was all included and re stocked for us daily.

Those suites also included free laundry at any time. Is this not a perk on NCL?

Thanks. This is our first time on NCL.