Everything.. Norwegian BLISS! - launch April 2018 -

When I first heard about Bliss and it being custom for Alaska, I had dreams of an indoor solarium pool. My first cruise was Royal Caribbean Vision - a 13 nighter around Italy and Croatia. The solarium had a pool and 2 hot tubs. Being a 13 night cruise in May, the average age was quite old. My wife and I were in our mid 20s and pretty much had the entire place to ourselves every night. Was freaking awesome.

I've cruised NCL Alaska before (Jewel) and it's just stunning. I booked a slanted balcony on Bliss the day they went on sale. Is the ship 100% how I'd design it? No. I wouldn't put a go kart track. I'd put a LOT of hot tubs and and indoor pool. However, the views that this ship will give you of Alaska will make this one of the most memorable trips of your life. NCL was bold to send a new ship to Alaska and I'm counting down the days...334...

Thanks for posting this H2O Bliss potential/hopeful Hot Tub from the Joy @TheDougOut! I've been combing thru the internet trying to find an example to have a better idea of what it looks like. Here's to hoping it is a Hot Tub because we loovveee to just sit and relax with a Toasted Almond in hand!

Also, thank you for just being so awesome and entertaining!

If you enlarge this...pool...there appear to be jets in areas on the walls of the.... pool. I could be wrong...lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Forums mobile app

LOL. Last month we booked a H9 Spa cabin for our party of three. It was the greatest Haven level value as it is on most ships we have checked out.

Today our TA called to inform us that NCL has reconfigured all the H9 cabins to only hold two.

They appear to be accommodating by offering us an upgrade to H8 with a couple of weekly Spa passes, but while roomier the balcony is much smaller.

Only 8 months from launch and they are just now figuring how many people a cabin can hold? No wonder they do not want their deck plans published, they do not know if they are accurate themselves.

LOL. Last month we booked a H9 Spa cabin for our party of three. It was the greatest Haven level value as it is on most ships we have checked out.

Today our TA called to inform us that NCL has reconfigured all the H9 cabins to only hold two.

They appear to be accommodating by offering us an upgrade to H8 with a couple of weekly Spa passes, but while roomier the balcony is much smaller.

Only 8 months from launch and they are just now figuring how many people a cabin can hold? No wonder they do not want their deck plans published, they do not know if they are accurate themselves.

H9 cabins have always only been for two people. So someone messed up.

If you enlarge this...pool...there appear to be jets in areas on the walls of the.... pool. I could be wrong...lol.

Yeah, it's shown on the Joy deck plans as "family hot tub". The same water feature on the Bliss is in a slightly different shape, and unlike the Joy the Bliss has two hot tubs nearby.

H9 cabins have always only been for two people. So someone messed up.

Agreed. The largest cat. H9 is on Epic I think and not sure what poster meant about the H8. H8 is the unique Haven Deluxe Spa Suite on Escape (deck 16 fwd), one in the fleet and it sleeps 4 due to the living room but as it is a Spa suite there would be no need for spa passes to be thrown in...? And as far I am aware there's no H8 on Bliss?

The spa haven on most ships has only been two as far as I have ever seen. They were considered Romance suites, with the soaker tub right in the cabin proper, meant for just two. on most ships the Haven spa suite is 309 -322sq feet. HavenSpaSuiteDetails.jpg

Like mentioned before, it seems the Escape has a Category called Haven Deluxe spa quite, that other ships may not have. This is the Bliss rendition, enormous with 430 sq feet Bliss_H9_Bedroom_881x400.jpg

Yeah, it's shown on the Joy deck plans as "family hot tub". The same water feature on the Bliss is in a slightly different shape, and unlike the Joy the Bliss has two hot tubs nearby.

Plus Bliss' H2O (ship's) width seems to be wider than Joy's when compared. Although Escape's look wider on deckplans at the grotto bump?

(I compared the bump out right after the Haven on deck 17 and followed any dents/bumps along to aft on Escape, Joy and Bliss)

Icruise said Forward on decks 9, 11 and 13 are the H8's. They are a different color than the others.

Sharp! The corner fwd Haven suites! A bit odd as there are not named Spa suites though.. but same cat. color as H8 on Escape so to my idea a genuine H8, I don't think NCL would accidently mess up the categories.

Here's an H7 Escape floorplan:

H7-CRS_Escape_2015-09-02.jpg

And here are Escape's H8 and H9:

87830a7f0c9ab45.jpg

So on Bliss an H8 is an H7 with Spa decor, perhaps jets in the shower and of course access the spa, I assume. As there are normal H7's on the deck plans, it has to be?

So on Bliss an H8 is an H7 with Spa decor, perhaps jets in the shower and of course access the spa, I assume. As there are normal H7's on the deck plans, it has to be?

The way that I read it was that a H8 on Bliss (decks 9,11,13) is a H7 with a connecting balcony room next door...

"With forward facing views and connecting to a balcony stateroom these staterooms are the best way to experience the luxury and amenities of The Haven and bring the whole family along in an adjoining balcony stateroom."

...which (to me) wouldn't include Spa access but might include Haven access for those in the connecting balcony stateroom if both are booked by the same family/friends.

Edited by Two Wheels Only

The text for H8 suggests that only "main" cabin has access to haven.

Features & Highlights

Access to The Haven amenities, king-size bed, additional bedding for up to two guests, dining and sitting areas, all of these staterooms connect.

• Occupancy Up to 3 - 4 guests

Hotspring noted they were moved to the H8 plus a couple spa passes, and I see no mention of complimentary thermal spa access included in NCL's H8 description. I can't understand why they wouldn't just call them all H7, with some connecting to a balcony.

I would hope that is the case.

Hotspring noted they were moved to the H8 plus a couple spa passes, and I see no mention of complimentary thermal spa access included in NCL's H8 description. I can't understand why they wouldn't just call them all H7, with some connecting to a balcony.

Hm I am wrong I guess! :D

Bliss:

9wiuO28YR52AD3ZaLhK4gg.png

Escape:

5GiQUGs6R_uN2kZRIGruaQ.png

Very odd, Haven vs Haven Spa is quite a difference for the same category, unnecessary confusing NCL, #gladthatIamnotatravelagentdealingwiththis

Only "main" cabin has access to haven.

Access to The Haven amenities, king-size bed, additional bedding for up to two guests, dining and sitting areas, all of these staterooms connect.

• Occupancy Up to 3 - 4 guests

At the risk of sounding a bit snarky, why don't you HAVENS start your own thread

"Everything Bliss Haven", so us in the steerage don't get so envious?:halo::eek:

At the risk of sounding a bit snarky, why don't you HAVENS start your own thread

"Everything Bliss Haven", so us in the steerage don't get so envious?:halo::eek:

....because "Everything Norwegian BLISS!" would include the Haven on Bliss? :rolleyes:

Not everyone gets Haven access.

Not everyone gets VIBE access.

Not everyone gets Spa access.

...but everyone can and would likely appreciate the info/speculation.