Everything.. Norwegian BLISS! - launch April 2018 -

Taking the 15 day Panama Canal March 2019. Will be following the progress here. Thanks so much

Raylene Ga

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are booked on the same cruise, and since it is almost two years away, we will enjoy following this thread to see the progress of the Bliss.

And, I think, a new shaped atrium cutout?

975bb4b3f30246ef92d4d168075e16f0.png

Crew stairs and elevators are visible, to the right of them are the pax elevators. Crew stairs are way more steep so easily recognisable. :) My guess is that this is part of the forward staircase and the cut out visible must be the atrium as the central cut out with the grand chandelier has no stairs nearby?

IMHO, Once Cruise Critic lists the *Norwegian Bliss on their main NCL Roll Call site,

there will be even more activity here.

(Our Bliss will be right on top)

as of now...

cruiselineStar20121001.pngFind Your Norwegian Roll Call

See posts about:

Norwegian Breakaway

Norwegian Dawn

Norwegian Epic

Norwegian Escape

Norwegian Gem

Norwegian Getaway

Norwegian Jade

Norwegian Jewel

Norwegian Joy

Norwegian Pearl

Norwegian Sky

Norwegian Spirit

Norwegian Star

Norwegian Sun

Pride of America

* Norwegian Bliss not listed

Edited by $hip$hape

We are booked (and very excited!) on the Thanksgiving cruise in 2018 and have side by side balconies......does anyone know if the balcony partitions will be able to be opened between the 2? We are (sorry!) usually Royals and have booked Oasis class side by side balconies a number of times and love the ability to open the partition between our 2 rooms for us and the teen kids.....

Thanks!!

.....does anyone know if the balcony partitions will be able to be opened between the 2?

They have the ability to open but they shouldn't be opened. The dividers serve a purpose of helping to prevent/lessen the spread of a potential fire.

That said, some room stewards will open them, anyway.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=7758

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Ship to Feature "Jersey Boys" Musical, New Entertainment Venues

April 21, 2017

(1:20 p.m. EDT) -- Four Seasons are coming to Norwegian Bliss, and we're not talking about the weather.

The line today revealed that the new ship, set to debut June 2018, will feature the Tony Award-winning Broadway Musical "Jersey Boys." It also will introduce a handful of new-to-the-line entertainment options, including a second musical, a comedy club and nightlife venue and a theatrical cocktail hour experience, as well as an outpost of the famous Beatles' venue, The Cavern Club, which already exists on Norwegian Epic.

"Jersey Boys," which snagged the 2006 Tony Award for Best Musical, portrays the story of Frankie Valli and 1960s rock 'n' roll band, The Four Seasons. The Norwegian Bliss production will include hits such as "December 1963 (Oh What a Night)," "Walk Like a Man," and "Working My Way Back to You." It's one of the longest running shows in Broadway history.

A second musical, produced exclusively for Norwegian by Tony Award-winning director and choreographer Warren Carlyle, will pay tribute to Cuba's culture through dancing, music and colorful pageantry, with performers donning costumes created by acclaimed Cuban-American fashion designer Isabel Toledo. Toledo won the 2014 Tony Award for Best Costume Design, for Broadway musical "After Midnight." Carlyle is currently directing Bette Midler on Broadway in a revival of "Hello Dolly!"

Outside the main theater, Norwegian Bliss also will introduce a new comedy club and nightclub called Alibi. The space, which will feature a dance floor and variety of cocktail seating arrangements, will set the stage for two comedy shows six nights a week (one family-friendly and one adults-only); then end the night with a DJ and LED light effects.

Select nights in Alibi also will treat passengers to a Prohibition-themed cocktail hour and show. "Happy Hour Prohibition, the Musical" will feature a musical routine by performers in period attire (passengers will be encouraged to dress up, too), while Prohibition-style cocktails are served. The experience will bear a $20 cover charge.

No mention of Howl at the Moon .... I was really hoping they would be on the Bliss. One of our favorite entertainment options on Epic and Getaway. The Jersey Boys musical is fine but very similar to the Oh What a Night entertainment we've seen previously on the west coast ships.

Fun to see the ship starting to come together.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=7758

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Ship to Feature "Jersey Boys" Musical, New Entertainment Venues

I cut the announcement down some with it being so lengthy. [emoji846] But yes, we were so stoked when we saw this earlier. We've been discussing it on our boards. So nice to know what's going to be onboard.

Next - I need to hear about the restaurants! [emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No mention of Howl at the Moon .... I was really hoping they would be on the Bliss. One of our favorite entertainment options on Epic and Getaway. The Jersey Boys musical is fine but very similar to the Oh What a Night entertainment we've seen previously on the west coast ships.

Fun to see the ship starting to come together.

I've loved Howl at the Moon on the Epic and the Escape. One of my favorite ways to end a night. Never saw the Oh What a Night show; have always wanted to see Jersey Boys so this works for me.

But you're right. So nice to see the ship becoming more real. [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums