Message boards on doors....advice

I tried it as well. Ours also slid down the door when it shut so stronger magnets are a must. No one put anything dirty on ours. It's very convenient to keep in contact with another room. Especially if one room gets up earlier than another.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I like to take a magnetic sign (a Canadian flag, simple and tasteful), as a way to help quickly identify our room in the vast sea of hallway. It also is a nice conversation starter. Just a note on possible placement for a message board; our recent Oasis door had kind of a 'wavy' design, so it was hard to find an even spot for our thin (lightweight) magnet to stick. A message board might have been a problem. I think they're great when traveling with others.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Interesting responses to the OP's question of whether magnetized boss's work and if anyone had other suggestions. There were some helpful answers, but also someone taking the opportunity to tell them door decorations and message boards are eyesores. Nice, coming after several people endorsed the idea and said they do it. I always wonder what makes a person want to belittle people.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I've decided that people who put other people down, or belittle others, must be very unhappy.

My advise don't put anything on your door that you don't mind it being gone when you come back. With the message boards bring extra pens they vanish. I put out scrape paper and pens held on by a magnet. So I recycle paper and I only have to bring home the magnet.

Boy, if people think magnetic message boards are eyesores, what must they think about people who decorate their doors? [emoji79] I have done so when sailing during the Christmas season, and also over Halloween. I always got smiles and nice comments. But go ahead, flame away! [emoji91]

I decorate every cruise. I hate dirty dishes outside someone's room more than door decorations. Or the drunk knock on your door at 1am because there on the wrong deck and their Key Card doesn't work. Decorating solves that problem. Makes you feel more at home when on the cruise for more than 7?days. We do all the holidays. Just Finished with St Patrick's day. Getting ready for Easter and Cinco de Mayo. Bring on the decorations.

We did a family cruise a last year and had them. People tended to write obscene messages on them or draw obscene pictures.

Yep, the same people who yell at staff, cut lines and act like idiots in other places. There are idiots everywhere and they make me sick.

Follow the golden rule- if you wouldn't want that written on your door- don't write it on someone else's.

Someone had a message board a few cabins from us and we always passed it. I don't know if the owner drew on it and put cute sayings on it, or if passer-bys did. I have no problem with these being on doors. I always wonder if a note will be erased or tampered with, though, since it is out in public. I've never done this. I have posted a post- it note on my daughter's door and she did get the message.

My girlfriends and I take a cruise together each Fall and we always decorate our door with a theme. This year it was fun facts about our states and fun stats about how much we drank for the week. Interestingly, we had people cracking up when they'd see us enter or leave the room because of our ages & petite stature (almost the big 5-0:evilsmile:). People would leave us hilarious notes and we'd do the same for all the boards we would find in late night adventures (West Coasters on an East Coast cruise), always rated PG and in good fun!

Went on last cruise with another couple, and we each had whiteboards. No one tampered with them :). However my only regret is that I got cheapy dollar store ones, and the magnets fell off after a couple of days. Next time, I'll buy better ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have used a magnet for years, no problem. In Feb on Serenade, switched to a magnet frame with a paper with our names inside and about day 6 it was stolen. Guess there were more lowlife on board than I thought!!!'

Talked to a couple that had special made magnets that were stolen and they asked security to review tapes and they identified the thief and security got theirs back. So if you do things like that on a ship, beware!!!

We did a family cruise a last year and had them. People tended to write obscene messages on them or draw obscene pictures.

Was on the Anthem in January and saw this a few doors down from us. I started walking the long...long way to my cabin door just to avoid the message sign on the door as I found some of them so offensive.

Someone stole ours at Christmas. It's a risk you take but still theft in my eyes. A group of college kids went down the corridor taking them, security went through the cctv and located them all in the trash and located the culprits. They were all broken as they'd smashed them up to discard them. Ours was a Christmas chalk board that counted down sleeps the Christmas. Worked great until it got taken. The guys who took them were dealt with according to celebrity but we're not at liberty to explain what or how.

Yep, the same people who yell at staff, cut lines and act like idiots in other places. There are idiots everywhere and they make me sick.

Follow the golden rule- if you wouldn't want that written on your door- don't write it on someone else's.

But... That rule wouldn't work if they would like phallic drawings on their doors lol...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I used to use a notepad inside a magnetic clip. People would leave jokes and trivia and we really enjoyed that. Then one day, coming back to our room we noticed a few people outside our door, reading the jokes. One gentleman grabbed the pen to write his own joke and promptly had a coughing fit, spraying saliva all over the door, pen and notepad. All I could think after that was "I'm going to end up getting sick because of some sticky notes!"

Now we just put a flag magnet on our door to make it easier to find. If we want to leave notes for our friends, we put them in the slot behind the cabin number. Or we call and leave them a message on their phone.

I always use door decorations to easily find my cabin. I have also used a whiteboard. The whiteboard was not as handy as I thought - people would erase it. Or we would forget to jot down where we were going. But I say try it! No harm :)

I saw this on a cruise I was just on. Does anyone know how, where to get one of these made? Thank you

7bbd06fe7dab3a679600d5c6d70ce4a2.jpg

IT looks like it's been handmade from their previous cruise cards, ingenious but I've now thrown all my cards away when de cluttering so would have to book a few more cruises to get enough - what a shame