Live from the LIBERTY of the SEAS 3/26/17 sailing

Dont know if you'll check this when you're so busy, but watch out for the weather, hail and some tornados here north of San Antonio, gettin scary!:o Drive carefully.....

Please send me an email.

Lovecruising2 at gmail dot com

Thanks. G

Excellent true review. I appreciate the candor. The issue with mock service animals is irksome. I have an acquaintance that purchased the certificate online for $50 so that her large Labradoodle may fly free with her. Irritating.

I will board the ship in five weeks with my grown daughter, eyes wide open, a perfect blend of optimism and realism. Undoubtedly we will have a wonderful time because we always do when together.

Safe travels home and enjoy your next adventure.

Dawn

Back home safe....stayed ahead of the storms most of the way.

A very significant number of folks chose self-carry off on the bags today. And we were let off earlier than planned as well. I can only guess that disembarkation for the rest went fairly quickly and ahead of schedule.

Bon Voyage to those leaving today....

Could not agree with you more about the sea days. Being ex-Coast Guard, I found that being underway is one of the most relaxing things I can do. I would also like to thank you for voicing your opinion on the service (laugh here) dog situation. I'm currently looking for a service saltwater croc. so I can have him with me onboard and also let him swim at the many beaches we will visit. Thank you for the review, and I look forward to more from you in the future.

Quick question about the updated room service menu - Has LOS switched to the new menu and service charge, yet? I've seen different dates for implementation on Liberty - 4/2/17 & 5/9/17. I happen to be sailing right between those two dates, so I'm curious if I'll be paying for my room service or not. TIA

Quick question about the updated room service menu - Has LOS switched to the new menu and service charge, yet? I've seen different dates for implementation on Liberty - 4/2/17 & 5/9/17. I happen to be sailing right between those two dates, so I'm curious if I'll be paying for my room service or not. TIA

The OP sailed before anyone had the new menu...

RCI said Liberty was changing with this weeks sailing, but there have not been any reports yet. Everyone is supposed to be on the new menu by May and most Caribbean ships were going first. You should assume that you will have the new menu.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm curious... what was the activity like at the Hoof and Claw? I didn't see any mention of it.

Thanks,

Steve

We LOVED Hoof & Claw. Russ Clark was in there most nights from about 9:30-12:30 playing guitar and singing great music. My husband and I ended up there several nights to watch him.

Thanks for the great review!! What night did they do Saturday Night Fever? Trying to plan our dining schedule for upcoming cruise.

Saturday Night Fever was Saturday night, the last night of the cruise.

Thanks sldispatcher for your perspective. My wife and I are aboard Liberty as well and I couldn't agree more with your review. I would add for those that will be aboard soon, we have really enjoyed seeing the Bubba Feathers Band perform every night. If you like live country music give them a look. We first came across them on Navigator several years ago. Good bunch of guys and real music chemistry. The small venue musicians have all been very good too.

Hi, Can you tell me in which area of the ship does the Bubba Feathers Band play? Might just be something our group would enjoy. thank you!

We LOVED Hoof & Claw. Russ Clark was in there most nights from about 9:30-12:30 playing guitar and singing great music. My husband and I ended up there several nights to watch him.

This sounds great! What kind of music?

First timers!

RCI LOS 05/14/17

How is a planner supposed to plan when they change things??:D

Go with the flow? Seriously, things can be rearranged. We had been on LB 3x already this year and went on March 5, a month ago. Every time the first night had one show, at 10 pm. We made our reservation at 7 for Chops. So guess what's scheduled at 7:15 pm. That's right, the welcome back show. You pick up the phone and change your time for dinner.

If you are gonna cruise very much, you just can't plan to the inth degree. Part of enjoying a cruise some of the time is to be spontaneous.

I crack up at people wanting to know every single movie they will show on the pool deck all week long. What does it matter? I don't cruise to see what movie is on. I can watch movies at home. There are some kiddy movies and some for grown-ups. Nuff said.

Arrange shore excursions and a meal or two, don't miss the big shows, and other than that, go with the flow!

I think the ability to go with the flow is easier if it's something you do frequently and it's not important to fit 'everything' in during one trip. We are frequent Disney visitors - we have APs and after 15 visits, we can 'go with the flow' a lot more.

For our one cruise every 2 years - it's much harder to do and a lot more stress for me when I am on vacation to have to spend time every night making sure the 4 of us have the 'right' plans.

I have no issue with others being planners or go with the flow types. But there is no need to talk down to those who do not do it the way you do.

Go with the flow? Seriously, things can be rearranged. We had been on LB 3x already this year and went on March 5, a month ago. Every time the first night had one show, at 10 pm. We made our reservation at 7 for Chops. So guess what's scheduled at 7:15 pm. That's right, the welcome back show. You pick up the phone and change your time for dinner.

If you are gonna cruise very much, you just can't plan to the inth degree. Part of enjoying a cruise some of the time is to be spontaneous.

I crack up at people wanting to know every single movie they will show on the pool deck all week long. What does it matter? I don't cruise to see what movie is on. I can watch movies at home. There are some kiddy movies and some for grown-ups. Nuff said.

Arrange shore excursions and a meal or two, don't miss the big shows, and other than that, go with the flow!

We don't cruise for the movies either, in fact we seldom ever turn our TV on in our room at all. Lol!

I think the ability to go with the flow is easier if it's something you do frequently and it's not important to fit 'everything' in during one trip. We are frequent Disney visitors - we have APs and after 15 visits, we can 'go with the flow' a lot more.

For our one cruise every 2 years - it's much harder to do and a lot more stress for me when I am on vacation to have to spend time every night making sure the 4 of us have the 'right' plans.

I have no issue with others being planners or go with the flow types. But there is no need to talk down to those who do not do it the way you do.

thank you, I plan things because it makes me happy to have a plan. People who just flow along with no plan make my teeth itch. I could never vacation that way, but to each their own.