Upgraded Amenities - Mini Suite and/or Deluxe Balcony?

hllwdcruiser

We have sailed in a mini suite a few times and for the first time are in a deluxe balcony on the Regal tomorrow. When in the minis we never received any upgraded bathroom amenities that differed from a regular balcony even though they are advertised on their site and brochure. Just for the heck of it, I contacted Princess as to what the upgraded amenities were that are listed on their site for the deluxe. After being on the phone for quite a while, the final answer was that they didn't know.

Has anybody ever had any upgraded amenities in either the minis or the deluxe balconies?

We have sailed in a mini suite a few times and for the first time are in a deluxe balcony on the Regal tomorrow. When in the minis we never received any upgraded bathroom amenities that differed from a regular balcony even though they are advertised on their site and brochure. Just for the heck of it, I contacted Princess as to what the upgraded amenities were that are listed on their site for the deluxe. After being on the phone for quite a while, the final answer was that they didn't know.

Has anybody ever had any upgraded amenities in either the minis or the deluxe balconies?

we had a small tube of hand lotion in our cabin three weeks ago, but There were no other upgraded amenities in a deluxe or a mini on the Regal unless you are Elite, then you will get the elite amenities. We've stayed in a deluxe (which is identical in size to a regular balcony cabin, except less drawer space in the deluxe cabin, however, the couch was nice ) we've also stayed in a mini and both times no special amenities whatsoever .... oh, and if you are elite, what you will get is lotion, lip balm, shower cap, nail file, loofah and linen mist

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Upgraded amenities are only available in full suite, or for Captains circle elite members. Mini suites/deluxe balconies are not eligible.

we had a small tube of hand lotion in our cabin three weeks ago, but There were no other upgraded amenities in a deluxe or a mini on the Regal unless you are Elite, then you will get the elite amenities. We've stayed in a deluxe (which is identical in size to a regular balcony cabin, except less drawer space in the deluxe cabin, however, the couch was nice ) we've also stayed in a mini and both times no special amenities whatsoever .... oh, and if you are elite, what you will get is lotion, lip balm, shower cap, nail file, loofah and linen mist

Yes, thank you - that's my point (kinda). I know that only Suites and Elites get the upgraded amenities. (Just one of the many tidbits I've learned since being on this board since 2008.) So why does Princess state on their cabin descriptions upgraded bathroom amenities for Mini Suites and upgraded amenities for Deluxe Balconies when in fact there are none provided?

And nothing to do with linens or towels?

No higher quality of these items for elite level passengers but maybe for suite passengers.

Here's a quote from the CC FAQs:

Elite Upgraded Stateroom Amenities

Question: What is included in my Elite upgraded stateroom amenities?

Answer: As an Elite Member you will receive the same bathroom amenities normally reserved for suites, regardless of the stateroom category you sail in. The Elite upgraded bathroom amenities include a shower cap, emery board, sizzle mitt, eye gel mask, lip balm and linen mist.

In addition we receive a tube of lotion & hair conditioner.

Yes, thank you - that's my point (kinda). I know that only Suites and Elites get the upgraded amenities. (Just one of the many tidbits I've learned since being on this board since 2008.) So why does Princess state on their cabin descriptions upgraded bathroom amenities for Mini Suites and upgraded amenities for Deluxe Balconies when in fact there are none provided?

Had no idea that the cabin descriptions state upgraded amenities. [emoji15]

Hmm. Now that you mention it, our towels were fancier in both categories I think? I always bring my own upgraded amenities anyway

Had no idea that the cabin descriptions state upgraded amenities. [emoji15]

Hmm. Now that you mention it, our towels were fancier in both categories I think? I always bring my own upgraded amenities anyway

I never had any idea either! I just happened to notice it when I was looking at the cabin descriptions and trying to figure out the differences between a deluxe balcony and a regular balcony. It was then that I looked at the mini suite descriptions and noticed the upgraded bathroom amenities as well.

I always bring my own shampoo and conditioner too so I think it all boils down to my pre cruise bordering on crazy obsession with everything and anything that has to do with our upcoming trip! :)

I hope you get upgraded towels! Honestly most of the bath towels in our cabin on the Regal were the quality that if they were in my home they would have moved to the garage long ago and used for drying the car!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

I hope you get upgraded towels! Honestly most of the bath towels in our cabin on the Regal were the quality that if they were in my home they would have moved to the garage long ago and used for drying the car!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

At the port now, waiting to board. I'll report back on the towels - all I ever remember are the car washing rags you so eloquently described, I'm not holding out hope for anything better!

At the port now, waiting to board. I'll report back on the towels - all I ever remember are the car washing rags you so eloquently described, I'm not holding out hope for anything better!

The towels we had on the Royal & Regal were definitely cheap & agree they were more suited to drying our car although I might be afraid of scratching the paint. ;)

It's been about 2 years since sailing either ship & hopefully when we sail the Royal this fall every cabin will have better towels. This was a very noticeable cutback on these new ships & hopefully the maintenance crew are now using them for rags.

Sounds like you are in a club class mini suite, mini suites near midships on upper decks some with larger balconies. Also includes a separate dining area. Have similar booking next week. How do you like it?http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/staterooms/club-class/

Just sailed on the Ruby two weeks ago in a mini-suite with my parents who are platinum members. No loofa, lip balm, or shower caps in our bathroom. We had the same bathroom amenities that we had on the Crown in December 2015 (in two premium balcony cabins).

It's been several years since we were in a mini suite, but we have booked them several times. It seems to me that the mini suites had little bottles that contained shampoo, lotion, etc. while the lesser cabins had little packets. The Princess website states:

Choose a luxurious Mini-Suite with balcony which is substantially larger than a Balcony stateroom and receive a complimentary welcome glass of Champagne. Mini-Suites include a separate sitting area with sofa bed, premium bathroom amenities and two flat-panel televisions

IMO......We have found all supposed upgraded amenities are hit and miss whether they arrive in the cabin or not.

Towels/lotion/conditioner etc.

I just don't expect them anymore and don't waste time trying to have them provided.

The comp laundry is fast becoming a thing of the past.

We rarely use it, however I wanted to have a couple of formal shirts and a suit pressed last week.

(A letter was provided on embarkation in the cabin.)

Its seems to be standard now for laundry with a 72 hour or more turnaround as experienced on the Ruby last week.

On a 7 day cruise this is ridiculous.

I give up. (n)

Just sailed on the Ruby two weeks ago in a mini-suite with my parents who are platinum members. No loofa, lip balm, or shower caps in our bathroom. We had the same bathroom amenities that we had on the Crown in December 2015 (in two premium balcony cabins).

They only give those amenities to elite members, not Platinum

It's been several years since we were in a mini suite, but we have booked them several times. It seems to me that the mini suites had little bottles that contained shampoo, lotion, etc. while the lesser cabins had little packets. The Princess website states:

Choose a luxurious Mini-Suite with balcony which is substantially larger than a Balcony stateroom and receive a complimentary welcome glass of Champagne. Mini-Suites include a separate sitting area with sofa bed, premium bathroom amenities and two flat-panel televisions

Princess did away with all the little bottles of things s few years ago when they installed the full bottles of shampoo in the shower, so no cabins receive any of that stuff anymore, except maybe club class and full suites. We miss the little bottles of lotions and shampoos that used to be provided. And on our last few cruises, it is all we can do to get more than one bar of soap. They used to give new bars every other day. On our 10 day cruise we got a second bar of soap on day 8 and on the last cruise, only one bar for seven days. I am sure we could have asked, but the cruiselines have all gotten stingy

Princess did away with all the little bottles of things s few years ago when they installed the full bottles of shampoo in the shower, so no cabins receive any of that stuff anymore, except maybe club class and full suites. We miss the little bottles of lotions and shampoos that used to be provided. And on our last few cruises, it is all we can do to get more than one bar of soap. They used to give new bars every other day. On our 10 day cruise we got a second bar of soap on day 8 and on the last cruise, only one bar for seven days. I am sure we could have asked, but the cruiselines have all gotten stingy

We did get nice size tubes of lotion in the bathroom. Also, had no problem with bars of soap. I will bring my own shampoo and conditioner next time. That combo stuff in the shower was horrible - I never felt like my hair was clean after using it.

I will bring my own shampoo and conditioner next time. That combo stuff in the shower was horrible - I never felt like my hair was clean after using it.

Cost saving measure.

If it is so bad that nobody will use it, no $$$ have to be spent to replace it.

We are on day 4 - a quick update - no upgraded towels or amenities. Methinks a little false advertising is going on!

It really is no big deal. We did get a "Random Act of Princess" card two nights ago - giving us a free 8 X 10 photo. It was a super nice surprise.

Service has been impeccable - even in the anytime MDR. We are having the best time - I plan to report more later in greater detail.

Marketing marketing marketing. "Premium amenities" may imply 'upgraded', but this is not necessarily the case. Balcony vs Mini, only differences I noticed in the Mini on the Regal (Aloha) was (1) a larger table on the balcony, which made entry and exit very annoying, (2) a couple of glasses of champagne in the fridge, uncovered, just sitting there, (3) the sofa and its own tv, and (4) a tub, not a shower only bath. No additional outlets, no changes in bathroom supplies, just a few extra square feet of space.

We are on day 4 - a quick update - no upgraded towels or amenities. Methinks a little false advertising is going on!

It really is no big deal. We did get a "Random Act of Princess" card two nights ago - giving us a free 8 X 10 photo. It was a super nice surprise.

Service has been impeccable - even in the anytime MDR. We are having the best time - I plan to report more later in greater detail.

That is nice to get a random act of princess! We got nada two weeks ago, not even a cheap blue Princess bag. [emoji23]