Live - Anthem of the Seas Spring Fling Cruise..3-26 to 4-3-2017

Sharonlacey, good idea going in separate lines. But I worry that RCI will remove the wine in your checked luggage and it won't be there when it reaches you. That is their policy and right to do so. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for this wonderful review!!! I learned SO much and I'm most grateful.

Read with interest the lines you had entering your Florida port. I was on the Bermuda/Boston cruise last year on the Anthem. Bermuda was first, then Boston, so it was the same problem of stopping at a US port after leaving the country. On that cruise, they brought about 8-10 passport officers onboard in Boston and stationed them in the SeaPlex. All passengers were required to go there to get their passports examined for re-entry into the US. They had rope lines all over the SeaPlex floor. Took a good long while to get through the lines, but you couldn't get off the boat without doing it. However .... this did not hasten anything back in Cape Liberty. That process all seemed the same to me. We waited in line there and showed our passport and customs form to an officer in a booth. I'll be on the same cruise again in a few weeks. It will be interesting to see if they handle this the same way.....

Edited by cruise8218

Never saw that Monument-Thanks and Thank you for Never forgetting!! I get checked every year! People like yourselves, who Never Forget-give hope to the First responders who are sick! God Bless! Stay Healthy!

We'll also never forget, thank you for your service.

Thanks for this wonderful review!!! I learned SO much and I'm most grateful.

Read with interest the lines you had entering your Florida port. I was on the Bermuda/Boston cruise last year on the Anthem. Bermuda was first, then Boston, so it was the same problem of stopping at a US port after leaving the country. On that cruise, th

:)ey brought about 8-10 passport officers onboard in Boston and stationed them in the SeaPlex. All passengers were required to go there to get their passports examined for re-entry into the US. They had rope lines all over the SeaPlex floor. Took a good long while to get through the lines, but you couldn't get off the boat without doing it. However .... this did not hasten anything back in Cape Liberty. That process all seemed the same to me. We waited in line there and showed our passport and customs form to an officer in a booth.I'll be on the same cruise again in a few weeks. It will be interesting to see if they handle this the same way.....

I'm hoping the immigration process is the same as last year which was well organized and our wait was about 20 mins, we'll also be onboard :)

Have a great trip!!

I just can't say enough nice things about this review. You hit just about every spot there was to hit. I really enjoyed following you for the last several days! I have a quick question if you have a quick answer ;-). I noticed you went to Sorentos a couple of times. Someone asked about "made to order" pizzas, but what I'm wondering is did they serve different pizza each day besides cheese or pepperoni pizza? I believe in previous cruises, they had different pizzas of the day.

Thanks again for everything!

I just can't say enough nice things about this review. You hit just about every spot there was to hit. I really enjoyed following you for the last several days! I have a quick question if you have a quick answer ;-). I noticed you went to Sorentos a couple of times. Someone asked about "made to order" pizzas, but what I'm wondering is did they serve different pizza each day besides cheese or pepperoni pizza? I believe in previous cruises, they had different pizzas of the day.

Thanks! Quick response is they did have different pies out at various times like veggie and different types. Also the one time I asked for two slices and asked if they could add onions and they did on those two slices and reheated them for me. It was at a quiet time in there, so not sure it is something they do all the time especially when busy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got off the Anthem Sunday and yes they serve different pies. The chicken and potato one was sooo good.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks! Quick response is they did have different pies out at various times like veggie and different types. Also the one time I asked for two slices and asked if they could add onions and they did on those two slices and reheated them for me. It was at a quiet time in there, so not sure it is something they do all the time especially when busy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While we're on the topic of pizza, can anyone answer for certain on if what Anthem is serving in Sorrentos is a fresh made pizza on the ship or if they are frozen, already made pizzas which they are cooking/heating up? We were on the Independence last year and very disappointed in the pizza, since the pizza we had on our Carnival cruise was actually very good and hand made right there. We're trying to figure out why Sorrentos pizza wasn't on par with the Carnival pizza and were wondering if maybe that was why. Being from New York, we know good pizza and while yeah I get not expecting something great on a cruise ship, Carnival's was actually very good and the one on Independence simply wasn't, in comparison. We'll be eating it here and there anyway but, I am curious if they acutally make the pies there.

The bottom is very tight to the floor, not sure you could slide anything under it like a toddler rail.

10a9f4939a6203ec02ad6d85f10b8b7d.jpg

I guess they make this into a single bed for the third in the cabin? It does not look very comfortable but I guess they have a great way.

Hope this helped.

I actually had some experience with this when we sailed Anthem a couple weeks ago. The bed doesn't "fold open" - but rather the bottom slides out and pops up to come level with couch cushion and make the base for a double bed. I would describe it as a "trundle bed" type operation.

I've really enjoyed reading this thread. We were right behind you on embarkation as I recognize your BB8 suitcase. You were also behind us in line at breakfast. We didn't end up at the same table but I'm in your photo.

Our schedule was messed up by the itinerary changes so we end up not able to see/participate in all of the activities we booked. Spectra was rescheduled twice, IFLY and Escape never happened as they were rescheduled to the Florida morning and couldn't be rescheduled. Had they communicated better, we would have chosen an excursion rather than sitting 3 hours in their warehouse.

Thanks for the fantastic reviews and pictures. I was pleased to see at least 1 picture of the best looking and extremely capable Captain Srecko. We also appreciated seeing Bruno behaving and still working on the bridge as 8 of his brothers (all legitimately Pinnacle Club) will be joining him when we board for 32 nights on April 9. Captain always likes to see them, too. We look forward to seeing you on May 6 cruise.

Sue and Dick

Hi Seadog67,

We will be on Anthem's 12 day Caribbean sailing on April 17. Less than 2 weeks!!! I have really enjoyed looking through your review. I know I must have missed it, but what was that unbelievable ship tour you took and what was the price? You sure did see a lot of the ship in it! Do you book that ahead of time? Was it called 'all access tour'?

Also, do you know if cell phone texting works on the ship? Thought hubby and I can use it to find each other on the ship!

I am hoping I can find this thread again to see your responses, but if not, maybe you could respond on our April 17, 2017 roll call if you don't hear back from me? It took some doing to find this thread after someone on our roll call mentioned it!

Hi Seadog67,

We will be on Anthem's 12 day Caribbean sailing on April 17. Less than 2 weeks!!! I have really enjoyed looking through your review. I know I must have missed it, but what was that unbelievable ship tour you took and what was the price? You sure did see a lot of the ship in it! Do you book that ahead of time? Was it called 'all access tour'?

Also, do you know if cell phone texting works on the ship? Thought hubby and I can use it to find each other on the ship!

I am hoping I can find this thread again to see your responses, but if not, maybe you could respond on our April 17, 2017 roll call if you don't hear back from me? It took some doing to find this thread after someone on our roll call mentioned it!

I did the tour in October, it is called the All Access Tour, it was about a 3 hour tour and cost $150. You can pre purchase under onboard activities.

I'm not sure if your cell service includes the ship without roaming, if you bought wifi you maybe able to text through wifi. If those are no good the Royal IQ app has a texting feature which I think is about $8 per device for the length of the cruise that allows you to call or text through the app on their wifi without buying internet. Download the app before you board, the features will activate when you board and you can buy the texting plan through the app.

I did the tour in October, it is called the All Access Tour, it was about a 3 hour tour and cost $150. You can pre purchase under onboard activities.

I'm not sure if your cell service includes the ship without roaming, if you bought wifi you maybe able to text through wifi. If those are no good the Royal IQ app has a texting feature which I think is about $8 per device for the length of the cruise that allows you to call or text through the app on their wifi without buying internet. Download the app before you board, the features will activate when you board and you can buy the texting plan through the app.

Thank you Bill for all the info. Our drink package includes free wifi, so we may be all set. Although, I think the wifi is for one device a person, and I know I would use mine for my iPad, not my phone. Oh well...we'll see!

Did you feel that the all access tour was worth spending $300?

Hi Seadog67,

On our Anthem Cruise on March 5th, it was available for purchase in the cruise planner. It was in CAN$ so amount would be different but I'm quite certain that Seadog said it was $99, but I could be wrong.

EDIT: Found it:http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=52675546&postcount=230

dp

On our Anthem Cruise on March 5th, it was available for purchase in the cruise planner. It was in CAN$ so amount would be different but I'm quite certain that Seadog said it was $99, but I could be wrong.

EDIT: Found it:http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=52675546&postcount=230

dp

Got it-thanks!

Sorry for the delayed thank you. Work got in the way. How dare that happen?

Appreciate your review and thanks to the poster who gave me the concierge club info. I did see that I missed it on the deck plan! i was looking at the Nov 10 Bermuda cruise too - bummed it might be cool.

Best.Review.Ever. Loved it so much my DH & I went and booked a cruise on Anthem! We will be on the May 11th sailing, embarking in 34 days!! Thank you, Seadog67, for sharing your cruise with all of us. Your positive, half-glass-full attitude is awesome!