Has Anyone Seen The New Way To Get Cruises?....

USNUZULOOSE

Sorry if this has been posted, I have not seen a thread for it. But I just went into the site and it asked me if I wanted to try the new way to shop for a cruise. It now has the option to add it to your cart. Just the way other stores do. Kind of strange. Not sure how I feel about it. Not trying to start a war. Just seeing if anyone else has been given the option.

I was given the option to try the new web site interface about a week ago or more but declined and stayed with the old format. There was a thread here on CC about that when that first occurred but I cannot find it now. :(

Not a fan. You can only have one reservation in your cart at a time--if only shipping carts only held one item at a time! Also I could not figure out how to have two staterooms of different categories in one reservation.

Sent from Tapatalk

Not a fan. You can only have one reservation in your cart at a time--if only shipping carts only held one item at a time! Also I could not figure out how to have two staterooms of different categories in one reservation.

Sent from Tapatalk

I guess they have no way of keeping things separated for different sales maybe.

I guess they have no way of keeping things separated for different sales maybe.

True, but the old interface was so easy. You could select two staterooms, and pick say one balcony and one inside, and it would even find nearby staterooms. On the new system, it automatically selected two insides for me even though I only wanted one.

Sent from Tapatalk

I am not a fan of it either. It didn't ask if I wanted to try it.....it just gave it to me. I ended up calling and booking it over the phone. It's funny but it didn't even show the staterooms I ended up booking as available online.

How can I switch back to the old way? I feel like I can't maneuver the way I used to, so I'd like to change back. :/

You know I did not go back in after that. It may stay that way since I selected it. Oh well.

I didn't like the new way at all. I was able to switch back by clearing my cache/history on my computer.

How can I switch back to the old way? I feel like I can't maneuver the way I used to, so I'd like to change back. :/

Not a fan either. Deleting the browser history and cookies did the trick for me. Next time I tried, it asked me again.

It is designed in such a way that that is a very deliberate design decision on the part of the cruise line - in other words, it isn't bad design, it's just business. They're clearly putting in customers' faces the absolute lowest price available. You can envision that many customers have two browser windows open, one booking a Carnival cruise, one booking a Royal Caribbean cruise. Carnival wants to be absolutely sure that those customers see the absolute lowest price and nothing but. They don't want them digging into the why's and wherefor's but rather to just see the price advantage and book, getting committed to the Ts&Cs associated with Early Saver. There is a small link you can click to get other choices, including Spring Fling or whatnot, which are fully refundable. If they made the link or the conditions more prominent, they may lose too many bookings to Royal Caribbean as a result of that, and the typical American consumer is so focused on bargain hunting to the exclusion of other considerations that it not only works, but it works "every time" since, odds are, even consumers burned by the conditions previously either never were going to cruise the cruise line given the higher price for the refundability or will be still so fixated on the bottom-line base price the next time they book a cruise that they'll do the same thing again, pick the lowest price cruise without regard to other consideration, even having been burned by the cruise line in the past.

The idea behind it is great! There was a drop down selection in your "cart" to move the cruise to your "wish list!" I've been wanting a wish list forever so I could compare cruises!! :) I'm a fan of it.

I couldn't figure out how to book any other rate besides Early Saver, which was pre-selected for me. Not a fan of the new system AT ALL.

Right below the Early Saver box, there should be a small link that says, "Show More Deals."

The new format takes some getting used to, but I don't think it's terrible. More than likely, it won't be long before it doesn't even give you the option, they'll change to it permanently. So you might want to play around with it to avoid the shock later.

The new format takes some getting used to, but I don't think it's terrible. More than likely, it won't be long before it doesn't even give you the option, they'll change to it permanently. So you might want to play around with it to avoid the shock later.
Good advice. Remember that Cruise Critic itself just made a change, and probably for the same reason - to make the user interface work better on tablets and mobile devices which are becoming the predominant tools of the prime demographics.

I strongly dislike the new system. We have a fam of 4 and want to make changes for upper level cabins etc. Its like I have to force the cart to have my options. It automatically goes to 2 people and automatically chooses your deck, then I have to press the back button to change it to 4 people, my deck etc. I check EVERYDAY just in case of a fare drop so its super annoying. I used to be able to easily do a dummy booking on my cell, but now I am forced to use a laptop since this new interface is so annoying. Plus, I feel like they are just rushing people to hurry up and purchase. I'm not buying a pair of jeans- I'm spending thousands on a cruise! I should be able to customize my vacation, then view price options, then purchase- like the old system!

I am not a fan of it either. It didn't ask if I wanted to try it.....it just gave it to me. I ended up calling and booking it over the phone. It's funny but it didn't even show the staterooms I ended up booking as available online.

Per my PVP, online will always only show a certain number of cabins in each category, regardless of how many are actually available. I think she said 10 per category, but I may be remembering that incorrectly. So if you want to know full availability, you need to find a PVP you like and call them, as opposed to booking online. :)

Per my PVP, online will always only show a certain number of cabins in each category, regardless of how many are actually available. I think she said 10 per category, but I may be remembering that incorrectly. So if you want to know full availability, you need to find a PVP you like and call them, as opposed to booking online. :)

That could be a deal breaker for many. I think Carnival needs to rethink this and make it so you have more choice for as many people that need a bigger cabin for more than 2 people.I see a lot of valid points that could make it harder for people to want a cruise.