Just off the Escape....Lots of Menu Changes

ssoceopa

Just got off the Escape yesterday and my husband was so disappointed, no lobster onboard, not even at the option to buy. Had to settle for lobster bisque or a lobster dish at Bayamo which is not a recipe he would of liked. Spoke to the food & beverage mgr. and he said menus just changed recently so all the menus I've been reading online are outdated. You used to at least be able to buy surf and turf for $19.95 but that is no longer an option.

Just got off the Escape yesterday and my husband was so disappointed, no lobster onboard, not even at the option to buy. Had to settle for lobster bisque or a lobster dish at Bayamo which is not a recipe he would of liked. Spoke to the food & beverage mgr. and he said menus just changed recently so all the menus I've been reading online are outdated. You used to at least be able to buy surf and turf for $19.95 but that is no longer an option.

Yes, there is at least one active lobster thread on CC now.

Lobsters were put on all specialty dining menus when the Escape first sailed in October 2015. And lobsters were removed from all menus at the end of August 2016. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2401137

The lobster shortage (industry wide, not just NCL) is because of the herring shortage. Herring is used as lobster bait and the amount that some have is more than others.

I read an article in Feb. That addressed the issue. I suspect that lobster will return to NCL but it is unknown when.

Just got off the Escape yesterday ... Spoke to the food & beverage mgr. and he said menus just changed recently so all the menus I've been reading online are outdated ...
Thank you for the heads up ... been expecting something like this to come along, NCL has been piloting the changes arou March & April for the last several years, sometimes with 1 to 2 ships, before rolling it fleetwide.

What are some of the changes being made to the MDR for lunch and for dinner, if any ? Any changes to O'Sheehan's ...

Lobster/tails are always a hot topic here ... I'm going to try to stay clear.

Can we talk about how terrible the mixed berry mint tiramisu is? It was the very last night and was one of the weirdest desserts I've ever had. So many flavors and they combined terribly. Other than that everything was delicious!

Thank you for the heads up ... been expecting something like this to come along, NCL has been piloting the changes arou March & April for the last several years, sometimes with 1 to 2 ships, before rolling it fleetwide.

What are some of the changes being made to the MDR for lunch and for dinner, if any ? Any changes to O'Sheehan's ...

Lobster/tails are always a hot topic here ... I'm going to try to stay clear.

I don't think that these are changes to the menus generally, just the removal or alteration to the dishes which contained Lobster. This was done about 6 months ago now, but as the OP says, most of the menus available online are older than that.

Of course, it may be a bigger refresh, but I suspect not.

It is very hard to keep up with menu changes, but Lobster change has been known, as some of you say for quite a while. I am one of those that isn't bothered by this as I have only had Lobster on a ship one time that was really good and i have cruised all mass marketed lines. For some, this is a huge disappointment.

Thank you 2 wheels only for giving us some insight regarding Lobster availability.

I hope this thread does not turn into a "I hate the food" thread.

Have there been any changes to the Cagneys or Le bistro menu?

Both Cagneys and Le Bistro had a Lobster dish on them, so yes, there have been changes to them.

Compared to the new menus rolled out from when the Escape was launched, that is basically the difference that we are aware of. The Lobster dishes were removed last year.

It may be that NCL are changing the menus again, and the OP has seen new ones, but the fact that they were expecting to see Lobster on the menu leads me to suspect that they actually had the menus that we have been aware of for the past few months.

If they are new menus then we should see more reports soon.

TxWendy, We did the 3 day specialty dining package so didn't eat every night at the complimentary ones. In Cagneys for instance, they do have lobster bisque but their Surf N Turf is now filet mignon and shrimp. The menus I viewed in the main dining rooms always had some type of fish but not much in the line of shell fish.

TxWendy, We did the 3 day specialty dining package so didn't eat every night at the complimentary ones. In Cagneys for instance, they do have lobster bisque but their Surf N Turf is now filet mignon and shrimp. The menus I viewed in the main dining rooms always had some type of fish but not much in the line of shell fish.

Thank you Ssoceopa, so sad we were on the escape last year and ate at Cagneys and had the filet mignon & lobster....so yummy!!! We are sailing again on the escape the end of July and also have the 3 day specialty dinning package. I guess this time I will have to go with filet mignon & shrimp. A girls got to do what a girls got to do!!!

Edited by TxWendy