Changes to Caribbean Princess During Current Dry Dock

msmoger

I am hoping to read some reviews of all these new upgrades. Now that they have added some connecting cabins for families, I am eyeing some connecting oceanview or balcony cabins for summer 2018.

It looks like we'll have to wait a few more months to get reviews of some of the new upgrades. According to the Princess website, The Mix, Slice and Salty Dog Grill will open in the Fall.

http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/cb-caribbean-princess/drydock-2017/

However, I'm most interested in reviews of Steamers Seafood, Planks BBQ and the new Sabatini's menu which I assume are all in place.

I wonder if there will still be passage through what was Café Caribe with the new food venues. Often, if we eat dinner at Horizon we like to take it out to the aft area where there are outside tables. With Crab Shack, passage through was closed off, sometimes both sides, if they were also doing cleaning.

I wonder if there will still be passage through what was Café Caribe with the new food venues. Often, if we eat dinner at Horizon we like to take it out to the aft area where there are outside tables. With Crab Shack, passage through was closed off, sometimes both sides, if they were also doing cleaning.

Interesting question. I guess you'll have to go down to deck 14, walk outside where the Terrace Pool is and then up to 15......or you'll be able to walk through [emoji1]. Either way, I'm sure it won't be an issue during the day since both venues are no fee during the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was hoping for more night/ late night entertainment options as well as expanding dancing in other areas of the ship.

Now I realize more than half the ship contains much much older passengers that are in bed by 8pm but there are a lot of us who just get going as night falls and want to party all night while on our vacation.

Let's worry less about the food options Princess and get more entertainment options like Celebrity and Royal Caribbean seem to be doing. :cool:

Was hoping for more night/ late night entertainment options as well as expanding dancing in other areas of the ship.

Now I realize more than half the ship contains much much older passengers that are in bed by 8pm but there are a lot of us who just get going as night falls and want to party all night while on our vacation.

Let's worry less about the food options Princess and get more entertainment options like Celebrity and Royal Caribbean seem to be doing. :cool:

I see that your location is Margaritvaille but the demographics for Princess passengers is mostly different than on Royal Caribbean's & my experience has been it's closer to Carnival than to Princess. ;)

On Princess ships the DJ is always seeking late night partiers & it's a running joke when at the end of performances & events staff remind passengers about the lonely DJ in the late night dance location.

Princess has activities geared towards their core passengers until about 11:00 & being in bed by 8:00 is the description I've read is more applicable to HAL. Even when older passengers were young, not all of us were partying late & dancing the night away.

I know that Princess needs to attract younger generations of passengers to replace us babyboomers to remain profitable. Although there are younger passengers who were like me in my youth who enjoyed dinner & an evening of shows but not the late night disco which in my experience is more of a Carnival/RCCL demographic. ;)

I see that your location is Margaritaville but the demographics for Princess passengers is mostly different than on Royal Caribbean's & my experience has been it's closer to Carnival than to Princess. ;)

On Princess ships the DJ is always seeking late night partiers & it's a running joke when at the end of performances staff remind passengers about the lonely DJ in the late night dance location.

Princess has activities geared towards their core passengers until about 11:00 & being in bed by 8:00 is the description I've read is more applicable to HAL. Even when older passengers were young, not all of us were partying late & dancing the night away.

I know that Princess needs to attract younger generations of passengers to replace us babyboomers to remain profitable. Although there are younger passengers who were like me in my youth who enjoyed dinner & an evening of shows but not the late night disco which in my experience is more of a Carnival/RCCL demographic. ;)

I agree. DH and I are in our early 40s and we don't care for the disco scene. We tried skywalkers once but it was too loud to even ask or discuss if we wanted to dance to the song playing. So we left. We love the deck party but sometimes wish the dj would play the songs vs the cover band which can butcher some songs. .lol but at least the sound level is decent. Plus currently we are cruising to new places to us so we are getting up early to go on excursions and do need some beauty sleep..lol

But will add that when we were on Celebrity they seemed to close down earlier than princess and didn't have as much variety as princess. ..we love the diversity of things to do on princess.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Seriously???

They have one disco located back of ship on deck 17 or so way out of the way.

Put a disco or dancing venue right on the main drag near the piazza/ shops and it will flourish.

Location location location!!!!

Instead of turning Wheelhouse into a fish house where the fat get fatter turn it into a live music dance venue and bring it into this decade not the old wood bar scene from the 70s.

Princess needs to have something for everyone; and as you stated the baby-boomers are getting older and Celebrity and Royal seem to be getting the 30/40 somethings who don't want Carnival. Princess needs to keep up with the times.

We love Princess and will remain loyal but we don't need more food but would love more entertainment options in the evening and late night. We all have the right to make suggestions :D

Seriously???

Put a disco or dancing venue right on the main drag near the piazza/ shops and it will flourish.

Instead of turning Wheelhouse into a fish house where the fat get fatter turn it into a live music dance venue and bring it into this decade not the old wood bar scene from the 70s.

Princess needs to have something for everyone; and as you stated the baby-boomers are getting older and Celebrity and Royal seem to be getting the 30/40 somethings who don't want Carnival. Princess needs to keep up with the times.

We love Princess and will remain loyal but we don't need more food but would love more entertainment options in the evening and late night. We all have the right to make suggestions :D

Seriously???

Play nice :rolleyes: (n)

Seriously???

Seriously??? :rolleyes:

We're sharing our thoughts just like you without a condescending seriously attitude & we're not being judgmental about your opinions but only expressing a different opinion.

And comments such as the fat getting fatter are demeaning to passengers who desire a dining venue over a disco don't help your cause by insulting passengers. No one was rude about your opinions however you get upset by opinions that differ from yours.

It's Princess who determines the demographic of their core passengers desires & they decide what is best to fill their ships. Since they nearly always sail soldout it's doubtful to me they need more discos to attract passengers. And if that's so way out of the way for you to go to Skywalkers that's your decision to make about such an inconvenience for you.

Each of us have the right to make suggestions but it's possible to disagree without being disagreeable.

I am playing nice but come on do we need more food on these ships?

I mean when I go whale watching I want to be looking out onto the ocean for them not down the row of deck chairs by the pool.

More dancing, less eating, and the world would be a better place.

I mean when I go whale watching I want to be looking out onto the ocean for them not down the row of deck chairs by the pool.

Your continual insulting of passengers weight & those who don't view things the same as you is not the way to respectfully disagree. :rolleyes:

Edited by Astro Flyer

Princess seems to think so and charge extra for it at the same time. :D

I agree. DH and I are in our early 40s and we don't care for the disco scene. We tried skywalkers once but it was too loud to even ask or discuss if we wanted to dance to the song playing. So we left. We love the deck party but sometimes wish the dj would play the songs vs the cover band which can butcher some songs. .lol but at least the sound level is decent. Plus currently we are cruising to new places to us so we are getting up early to go on excursions and do need some beauty sleep..lol

But will add that when we were on Celebrity they seemed to close down earlier than princess and didn't have as much variety as princess. ..we love the diversity of things to do on princess.

I'm older than you probably are but I definitely don't go to bed at 8 and I also am looking for late night entertainment.

Your assessment that Celebrity has more than Princess is actually backwards.

We sail both lines and Princess definitely has much more going on after 10:00 and much more variety in their entertainment.

Can't answer about Royal Caribbean because we don't sail them.

Edited by chamima

Wow dandonna fat shame much....but at the same time you say walking to the back of the ship is too much for you. ..doesn't make sense. Plus i have seen dancing in the piazza. ..perhaps not your type of dancing. ..but have seen and heard different varieties of dance any music all over the ship. ..one just need to walk to find something. ...but being rude is not the way to get your point across. ..its people like you who I try to stay away from in general and especially on a ship while trying to relax and have a fabulous cruise.

I'm older than you probably are but I definitely don't go to bed at 8 and I also am looking for late night entertainment.

Your assessment that Celebrity has more than Princess is actually backwards.

We sail both lines and Princess definitely has much more going on after 10:00 and much more variety in their entertainment.

Can't answer about Royal Caribbean because we don't sail them.

I believe you read my post wrong. .i said celebrity closed earlier than princess and princess had way more options for a variety of ages or likes. Different genres of music and dance, games, trivia etc. We don't go to bed at 8 either but don't close the ship down either.

I believe you read my post wrong. .i said celebrity closed earlier than princess and princess had way more options for a variety of ages or likes. Different genres of music and dance, games, trivia etc. We don't go to bed at 8 either but don't close the ship down either.

Sorry I wasn't clear.

I was agreeing with you - it was dandonna I was disagreeing with.

Sorry I wasn't clear.

I was agreeing with you - it was dandonna I was disagreeing with.

Ah I see. .ok. We did enjoy our cruise on X Summit. ..though there wasn't as much to do. ..but then again 1 day we were up before they served breakfast to catch the 1st ferry over to Hamilton from Kings Wharf so we could get to the caves. We sure did miss the IC that princess has so we could have grabbed something to eat. ..but we just ate some of the granola bars we bring for the flights. We could have gone for some more bingo but their bingo cards were pretty neat and reusable so that is a plus

Seriously??? :rolleyes:

We're sharing our thoughts just like you without a condescending seriously attitude & we're not being judgmental about your opinions but only expressing a different opinion.

And comments such as the fat getting fatter are demeaning to passengers who desire a dining venue over a disco don't help your cause by insulting passengers. No one was rude about your opinions however you get upset by opinions that differ from yours.

It's Princess who determines the demographic of their core passengers desires & they decide what is best to fill their ships. Since they nearly always sail soldout it's doubtful to me they need more discos to attract passengers. And if that's so way out of the way for you to go to Skywalkers that's your decision to make about such an inconvenience for you.

Each of us have the right to make suggestions but it's possible to disagree without being disagreeable.

Well said sir....:):):)

Bob

p.s. 355 more days.....;)

Has anyone noticed that the surcharge for Sabatini's has gone down to $25 on Caribbean Princess? :)

http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/sabatinis-trattoria/sabatinis-trattoria-main-menu.pdf

I read about the price reduction on another thread about the Sabatini's menu. However that also resulted in a one selection per course limit and an extra $10 per additional pasta or entrée. While the limit might not affect most passengers, some skip a course & instead want two selections from another course.

Since it's just being changed this month on the Caribbean & Grand, it'll probably be awhile before we know how stringently they'll enforce the one selection per course limit. And like some other Princess procedures, it may vary by ship or crewmember.

I read about the price reduction on another thread about the Sabatini's menu. However that also resulted in a one selection per course limit and an extra $10 per additional pasta or entrée. While the limit might not affect most passengers, some skip a course & instead want two selections from another course.

Since it's just being changed this month on the Caribbean & Grand, it'll probably be awhile before we know how stringently they'll enforce the one selection per course limit. And like some other Princess procedures, it may vary by ship or crewmember.

True. I know my son likes to get a filet mignon and a ribeye at the Crown Grill. :p But when you think about it, I think it's a good thing. You couldn't go into a fine restaurant and order everything off the menu. That Princess did this in the past doesn't mean it's sustainable.