Changes to Caribbean Princess During Current Dry Dock

msmoger

. Cant wait for those ice cream sandwiches!!! I just recently learned of the secret kids dessert menu where I could get one but have yet to been on princess since learning of it. Now I can get them all day up in the old scoops area...SWEET!:D

Just be aware that the Ice Cream Sandwiches won't be a "for free" item. The soft serve is still free but the other things have a cost.

Just be aware that the Ice Cream Sandwiches won't be a "for free" item. The soft serve is still free but the other things have a cost.

That is not how the article read....

Complimentary ice cream cones await you at our transformed top-deck creamery venue. Pick up a chocolate cone, a vanilla, or a combination. Or treat yourself to an ice cream sandwich, with a tempting choice of flavors such as The Classic, Cookie Colada, Snickerdoodle, Honey ‘N’ Oats and Mint Paddy.

Unless I am reading too much into it but made it sound like it would be the normal ice cream and sandwiches...but even if it is a nominal fee like the gelato...I am game for at least once trying it...and if I like it then there goes a way to use the OBC, vs all the ship pens and keychains and such I seem to always buy...lol

To me treat yourself means get out the cruise card.........

I would say the ice cream sandwiches will cost.[/quote

Bummer...but hey I will at least try it once if they look appetizing if not do the one at dinner...heck I could even do both...!:p

The "World Fresh Marketplace"? Is that the new name for the Horizon Court or one side of the Horizon Court?

Caribill posted that it is probably the new name for it since Majestic's buffet is called World Fresh Marketplace. Wonder if they will soon change so that the names are the same across the fleet. Like some have scoops others call it swirls...I just call it YUMMY! hahaha

Caribill posted that it is probably the new name for it since Majestic's buffet is called World Fresh Marketplace. Wonder if they will soon change so that the names are the same across the fleet. Like some have scoops others call it swirls...I just call it YUMMY! hahaha

Thanks. I looked at the Royal and Regal deck plans but not the Majestic. Didn't think they would change it on the new ship.

Thanks. I looked at the Royal and Regal deck plans but not the Majestic. Didn't think they would change it on the new ship.

Hey you did more than I did...I found it odd too that they would change the CB buffet to match the majestic since the majestic is being built with a more Asian theme since that is where she is being home ported I thought....seemed odd to not match what Regal and Royal have as their names....

This info is from another thread about the changes on Grand Princess:

Grand Dec. 30th......The Ice Cream Bar has been replaced with the New Grounds Crafted Coffee "COFFEE & CONES". Their Expresso machine can offer Latte, Cappuccino, Americano, Macchiato, Espresso and Chai Teas, Frappes, Mocha Milkshakes, Mexican Frothed Chocolate, and for $1.00 more, you can add a shot of Bailey's or Kahlua.

You can still get that FREE Frosty Cone, and they offer Ice Cream Sandwiches for $3.00 each. They are as follows:

Chocolate Chip Cookie/Vanilla Ice Cream

Coconut-Ginger Cookie/Pina Colada Ice Cream

Snickerdoodle Cookie/Cinnamon Ice Cream

Honey N' Oats-Raisins Cookie/Honey Yogurt Ice Cream

Mint Paddy--Chocolate-Chocolate Chip Cookie/Peppermint Ice Cream

Stan

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=52306555&postcount=3

This info is from another thread about the changes on Grand Princess:

Grand Dec. 30th......The Ice Cream Bar has been replaced with the New Grounds Crafted Coffee "COFFEE & CONES". Their Expresso machine can offer Latte, Cappuccino, Americano, Macchiato, Espresso and Chai Teas, Frappes, Mocha Milkshakes, Mexican Frothed Chocolate, and for $1.00 more, you can add a shot of Bailey's or Kahlua.

You can still get that FREE Frosty Cone, and they offer Ice Cream Sandwiches for $3.00 each. They are as follows:

Coconut-Ginger Cookie/Pina Colada Ice Cream

Honey N' Oats-Raisins Cookie/Honey Yogurt Ice Cream

Stan

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=52306555&postcount=3

OMG....you had me with these

and especially this one

I am SOOO all over that mint paddy one and depending the size $3 isn't that bad...think that is close to the cost of the gelato on Regal. OMG is it 2018 yet I soo cant want that will hit the spot on our 14 day Caribbean cruise.....ok now I can not concentrate on work as this is all I can think about...=) My medallion may get worn out at that location. Choc chip cookies and peppermint most anything is my weakness! I was bummed when on celebrity they ran out of the mint chip ice cream (free) half way through the cruise!

I may well have to try an ice cream sandwich myself. I am really looking forward to that cruise and trying out the medallion. I want to put my info into the system now but, of course, will have to wait. The medallion cruises will use the new OCEAN input rather than the traditional cruise personalizer. I can't think where I read it (just yesterday... sigh) but the info said that medallion cruises won't use the traditional cruise personalizer as there will be so much info you can input.

OMG....you had me with these

and especially this one

I am SOOO all over that mint paddy one and depending the size $3 isn't that bad...think that is close to the cost of the gelato on Regal. OMG is it 2018 yet I soo cant want that will hit the spot on our 14 day Caribbean cruise.....ok now I can not concentrate on work as this is all I can think about...=) My medallion may get worn out at that location. Choc chip cookies and peppermint most anything is my weakness! I was bummed when on celebrity they ran out of the mint chip ice cream (free) half way through the cruise!

What is the date of your sailing? If you are on the March 18 sailing (first cruise for CB with the medallions) I don't see you anywhere in the roll call. Are you on a later sailing?

I have already put my check in info into the perzonalizer for our CB cruise in 2018...and about every other day I check the ocean.com to see if anything is open....nope:( ...wonder if eventually when you click personalizer for those cruises it will redirect automatically to the ocean site.

Thrak I am on the b2b 8/11/18 Caribbean sailing. We wanted that last true circle 14 day sailing but we are sailing with friends and they couldn't go that early. So we opted for 2 b2b 7 day cruises in August...albeit not the same ports as that 14 day one had. Guess that means we will have to sail again when princess offers the circle cruises again...what a cryin shame...;p

Thrak I am on the b2b 8/11/18 Caribbean sailing. We wanted that last true circle 14 day sailing but we are sailing with friends and they couldn't go that early. So we opted for 2 b2b 7 day cruises in August...albeit not the same ports as that 14 day one had. Guess that means we will have to sail again when princess offers the circle cruises again...what a cryin shame...;p

The newly released info HERE definitely states the ice cream sandwich is an "extra fee" item.

The newly released info HERE definitely states the ice cream sandwich is an "extra fee" item.

Yeah someone posted the link to the grand reno and it had a pic of the menu outside the place. Still I am still thinking of the Mint paddy one.....man august 2018 cant come soon enough! Worth a try at least once.

I think it all looks great. Many more choices, much of it is no extra cost and those that are seem reasonable.

I just hope the Steamers and Planks seating will be available to everybody during the daytime hours, not just those eating in these venues, so as not to put additional crowding strain on the main buffet.

I think it all looks great. Many more choices, much of it is no extra cost and those that are seem reasonable.

I just hope the Steamers and Planks seating will be available to everybody during the daytime hours, not just those eating in these venues, so as not to put additional crowding strain on the main buffet.

I'm sure it will be like on the Sapphire with Sterling Steak House. In the evening they take over seating in HC but during the day it's used by everyone.