Live Celebrity Summit April 1st, from a loyal Royal and a few days in Puerto Rico

whitshel

We just got off this ship today. Watching her right now from the hotel. We had a nice time even though it was shortened by a day. We too are Diamond with RCCL and this was our first cruise with Celebrity. I'll be following along!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I'll try and answer your questions as I see them. I'll check on the wines.

Yesterday was a great day. Nice n sunny. We just lazed around at the solarium pool and ate, played cards, and ate. You get the picture.

The towels on the chiars is a definite upgrade from rccl, no checking them out. The padded loungers in the solarium were wonderful.

Had dinner in Tuscan, that was awesome, our 1st time there. We negotiated a price of $35pp, they would not budge off that price tho. All 11 of us enjoyed it thoroughly.

Oceanview is nice especially the grill station. I have to day tho that I don't see a big difference in food qualify in the buffet over rccl. Just less crowded which is nice.

Had our cruise critic meeting yesterday also, hosted by captain Kate. She's awesome!! She said the propulsion issue was electrical and the dry dock was the open time they could fix it. That's why our cruise wasn't canceled. Our itinerary doesn't need the speed, they need at least 15 knots to make this itinerary and they still can make 17.5 knots with the issues they are having.

Right after the muster drill, she came over the loud speaker and told us that our itinerary has changed, we were headed to Bermuda, 3 sea days there 1 day at Bermuda, and 3 days back. Then of course came the April fool's! 🤣

Like I said, she's great!042bae73a40495b691b055b2a9bf3ea4.jpgeb1a78d89cad0fa7e100177a4fbae7f0.jpgf87a96cd6c7bb19d525533f180a28047.jpgd280dab2373dad6cdfa03d70294222f3.jpga15ae1ddbb022c1ed3edaf61c1209d7b.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

That's it for now, like I said if you have any questions, let me know.

Oh and I am a bit annoyed with the beverage package, sometimes I think the bartenders just say no that's not covered to try n get u to upgrade. The limit is $9 a drink. My daughter tried to get a cranberry mojito in the dinning room last night, menu said clearly $9 for this drink, the server said no that's not covered, your limit in the mdr is only $8. What?? I'm going to ask about it sometime today. I didn't upgrade but it may be worth it just so you dont have the hassle. Other than that, everything has been great.

Hi

If you happen to get the chance to talk to Captain Kate again can you please ask her if she will be the Captain on the June 4th Sailing? I hope so, she sounds great!:)

Thank You for the great pictures!!

Edited by twinsbur
Spelling

I am so glad your cruise wasn't cancelled We are booked Dec 2nd 10 nights and so looking forward to it We usually upgrade to the premium package I don't like being turned down every time I want a certain drink On your travels through the ship would you mind checking out what IPAs are on boardI saw Rebel was on the bar menu but wondered what else My husband ia IPA fan Enjoy your cruise looking forward to more pics and info

Mo

I see that Heineken is priced at $ 7.00 now...

Is it covered by the Classic bev package still?

Those beer prices are through the roof! $7.00 for a Heineken! Can't even get a Stella on the classic package. Guess tgey're trying to force everyone to get a drink package. Where will it end?

That's it for now, like I said if you have any questions, let me know.

Oh and I am a bit annoyed with the beverage package, sometimes I think the bartenders just say no that's not covered to try n get u to upgrade. The limit is $9 a drink. My daughter tried to get a cranberry mojito in the dinning room last night, menu said clearly $9 for this drink, the server said no that's not covered, your limit in the mdr is only $8. What?? I'm going to ask about it sometime today. I didn't upgrade but it may be worth it just so you dont have the hassle. Other than that, everything has been great.

This is from Celebrity's web site:

Throughout your cruise, choose from beers up to $6 per serving, spirits, cocktails, liqueurs and frozen drinks up to $8 per serving, and wine-by-the-glass up to $9 per serving. Plus, with purchase of this Classic Package, you can enjoy a 15% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list.

There is another thread on CC referring to a change in the Classic Package. The beverage menu you posted seems to be the same that came with the change. With the Classic, you can now pay just the difference between the maximum classic drink price and what you are ordering (in the past you would have to pay the full price). Maybe check to see if this change is effective for your cruise.

Enjoy!

I talked to the Captains Club yesterday before buying the classic package.

They told me the new policy fleet wide is you can pay the difference. In your case pay the $1. Can you see if they are doing that?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good morning from St Lucia. Another beautiful morning. We are with the Royal Princess, really nothing planned, jus some shopping and may an island tour (if I can get my group out of bed)[emoji4] efc37ba1fe5b0d798d8c915076e5629e.jpg

Thanks! Have you received any notices in your cabin regarding your elite status?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Yes, were actually invited to an elegant tea today and sailaway on the helipad. Haven't been to any functions yest tho.

Those beer prices are through the roof! $7.00 for a Heineken! Can't even get a Stella on the classic package. Guess tgey're trying to force everyone to get a drink package. Where will it end?

It is $7 bit is covered under the classic drink package. So maybe the beer price went up. I'll go and get another alcohol list this morning and post it.

I talked to the Captains Club yesterday before buying the classic package.

They told me the new policy fleet wide is you can pay the difference. In your case pay the $1. Can you see if they are doing that?

I will check this out. No I'm really curious.

Did they offer a discount on the speciality dining for night 1?

Discounts every night, you just have to ask. As long as they aren't sold out. We got Tuscan Grill for $35 which is about 30%