Live Celebrity Summit April 1st, from a loyal Royal and a few days in Puerto Rico

whitshel

Ok, just finished talking with guest services, the 1st I talk to looked confused and was about to say no but the guy next to him chimmed in and said yes, now everything in the classic pkge is$9 and below including beer and wine. (Thats new) and anything you buy over that price they charge you the difference. Here is a copy of the new drinks and alcohols. That's for the tips!!

a46ee928ef32dae52996e33f5069008d.jpgbfe1a82ce4c99d02c333fa2922f058c5.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Discounts every night, you just have to ask. As long as they aren't sold out. We got Tuscan Grill for $35 which is about 30%

Interesting as we were told they could not discount the price!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Yes, were actually invited to an elegant tea today and sailaway on the helipad. Haven't been to any functions yest tho.

You're lucky. We received nothing as Elite members (rccl diamond). I went down to the loyalty ambassador on multiple occasions and she was never there. Guest relations handed me a sheet of what we were entitled to. We missed the tea, helipad sail away, Captains reception etc!.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

So far everything has been great. Food in the MDR is good, I personally don't think it's any better than rccl. We're going to Q-sine tonight, that should be fun.

Ok I have another. Question. Do they offer some smaller internet deals with limited minutes once on board? $224 is way to much for my budget and needs.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That's all I've seen. I'll see if I can find out anything else

We're off the ship, sorry kinda petered out at the end there. We had one person come down with bad stomach cramps, so bed we had to go to medical. Even tho they didn't think it was noro they still quarantined her, thank goodness this happened the second to last night so she really only missed St Thomas.

We did Coki beach on St Thomas and it was was of the best beaches we've been to. Water was crystal clear and the beach was was powder white. We didn't snorkel but people who did really liked it.

St Thomas with no ships, we were the only one and we were at crown bay. 6f43c61fe0e522335c6761720901156c.jpg03b07509b3c0c306eb0d5857e67f819c.jpgc8cc9930e85e214485ce8e8dc3f43f17.jpgc6c9c0d2a2c4fd42dca0c37b8b1dfaf2.jpg99aec66dfd243b8347bcbc7e205fef57.jpg27ec4ffc0d07345f440413a94254bffa.jpg

This ship docked next to us as crown bay, it was a yacht transport. In the 1st picture you can see how it sits on the water, the next couple are as it's loading yachts. It basically sinks itself then raises back up. It was really cool. Apparently they are British yachts and they go back over during the Summer.

Captain Kate talked a little bit about it as we left, she said that Celebrity charges 12k to transport a small boat, she said she can only imagine what it costs for one of those boats. She gave us the definition between a ship and a boat as well. She said you can put a boat on a ship, but you can't put a ship on a boat[emoji1] a1874670be8873a90927ecfd3d55137d.jpg4ca73add34656b3b365763f93c2175a9.jpg20198ca47dc6ea77693e987b93096b8c.jpge6a5af7c532aa61fc3d636ba868c04c4.jpg

San Juan as we debarked. This was definitely the worst customs area we have ever encountered. They had 2 agents open. The lines wrapped the length of the building twice (inside thank goodness) we noticed people going to a much shorter line with Porter's. Apparently if you use a porter you can go to a much shorter line, we finally called a porter over after being in line for about 15 mins and not moving. He loaded up our 9 pieces of luggage (there were 9 of us) and he actually took us to the Zenith line, which there was no line. We walked right up and out. So if the the lines are nuts in SJ, get a porter585de5db1a736076d74f81bf20d64972.jpg08a0fb0527ae406c64bb4cca3d93cf2d.jpg

Now that you have finished your cruise do you have any tips on the Summit both good and bad? How are the shows? We leave on the Summit in 2 weeks. Like you review of Coki. This will be our 6th

trip to St Thomas coming up We have been to StJohns 3 times, did a turtle bay Snorkel and some city sight seeing once and last trip we went to Magen's Bay which I hated. Most over rated beach I have been to. Thought we might try Coki this time and it sounds like you enjoyed it.

The Summit will be the smallest ship we have been on in a while. Look forward to the change of pace but the Oasis, Escape, and Freedom class ships do offer a lot to do.

Now for some likes n dislikes and maybe a few comparisons to Rccl.

Likes-

Beach towels delivered to your room

No checking out of towels at the pool

Cafe Al Bacio

Sunset Bar and outside eating area

CAPTAIN KATE!! She was amazing

Drink package included

Way less people

Oceanview cafe grill area

Dislikes

Ship felt confined

Layout of Oceanview cafe too big( I know that's wired, but there is a lot of walls you have to walk past)

Less eateries

All in all it was a great cruise. Did I like it better than Rccl, I don't think so, it was just different. I don't think I would sail another "M" class on purpose. It would have to be for the itinerary like this cruise.

Cafe Al Bacio blows away cafe promenade but there are no savory type items, all sweets. MDR was good very good, but nothing stood out, I couldn't even tell you what we ate each night. We loved Tuscan Grill, I think it blew away Giovanni's Table. Service was fantastic there, Volkan was awesome. Q-sine was a fun experience but the food was just ok. Definitely worth doing once, don't know if I'd go back.

Oceanview cafe was good but other than the grill and pizza station I don't think it was any better than Rccl. It is a big area, for seating that's great, but looking around the whole buffet was crazy. I guess I'm used to Rccl​ where each side is the same, in Oceanview it was different all the way around so you literally had to walk around the whole thing to see everything. And like I said there are blank walls between areas, just seemed akward and unnecessary. Food was pretty good but I don't think it was any better than Rccl, same watery scrambled eggs. But the omlet and egg station was nice, not very crowded. Definitely like the station concept of then "S" class and most Rccl ships we've been on.

Service was great in all areas, again no difference from Rccl. Room steward was very accessible and was always looking to say hi. Like I said Volkan in Tuscan Grill and Elvis at the egg/ grill station were awesome.

I'm not sure on the drink package with Rccl, but I liked the fact you didn't have to sign every receipt for every drink. They ran your card and that was it. It was a lil frustrating that not all the waiters knew the new packages and you only pay the difference. We had to explain this to some of the waiters

Ports

Barbados-loved it

St Lucia- not so much

Antigua- liked it

St Martin- loved it

St Thomas- loved it

The 2 excursions we took were both private and both were fantastic.

82ac8519ca938375a0a6706edf02ac12.jpg0b93b7b8ec7c5cf7980987985b9d1181.jpga564c7e2b68f4f61d7009f924ada463d.jpg637721118e588d888cc96881925f8354.jpgc2c022a149d46ab29cc7079cef288c35.jpg3fe18db364cfe70e588f65ea939796f3.jpg

Thanks for the review. Like you the trip coming up was itinerary driven. Very cheap trip to Bermuda with St Thomas and St Martian thrown in was great.

Last question when you guys talked to Captain Kate did she say rather she was going to stay on the ship after drydock? I thought somebody said it was Captain change time.

I loved your live review. Your family is so darn cute and your ability to keep the thread going while having so much fun was amazing. We love the Southern Caribbean itineraries. We sailed Celebrity for the first time this year after only having cruised on RCI. We were on the Equinox and thought everything about our cruise was at least a notch, if not several notches, above Royal - food, cleanliness, cheerfulness and helpfulness of the crew,etc. but we had several less than stellar RCI experiences so we were probably just needing to change it up a little. Each cruise has so many variables that two people can be on the same cruise and have different experiences. Again, thank you so much for your live review, it was so fun to follow along with you and your cute family.

How are getting such fabulous photos...from your phone and directly using tapatalk or are you uploading them to Photobucket? Please share the details! Great job!!!!

Yes, the OVC on the M class ships leave much to be desired! Thanks for your excellent review and photos!

It looks like you are all having a great time.....enjoy!

Thanks for the review. Like you the trip coming up was itinerary driven. Very cheap trip to Bermuda with St Thomas and St Martian thrown in was great.

Last question when you guys talked to Captain Kate did she say rather she was going to stay on the ship after drydock? I thought somebody said it was Captain change time.

According to everything I've seen, Captain Kate just joined the Summit recently. So it would not be time for a change.