Kid is turning 21 while on the boat

Going on Harmony on July 22nd of this year. My daughter is turning 21 on July 25th so she'll be celebrating her bday on the boat. My question is how will RCCL handle her Seapass? If I remember right they usually have a quick designation on the minor's card for staff to tell if the person is of age or not. Will we have to get her a new card on her birthday in order for her to buy a drink?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The rule has been whatever age you are at the start of the cruise is the age you for the entire cruise. However, I've read of them making exceptions. Go to Guest Services and see what they say.

The policy is here

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Policies&faqId=309&faqSubjectId=333&faqType=faq

This is one exception to your age is based on sail date. Go to guest services and they will update to an over 21 sea pass (bring id with you). Also recommend the birthday person carry their is on the ship - there is a chance it will be checked.

Happy 21st to your daughtet

The rule has been whatever age you are at the start of the cruise is the age you for the entire cruise. However, I've read of them making exceptions. Go to Guest Services and see what they say.

They may have to pay $7.95 for a replacement sea pass. 😱

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

dd turned 18 on a FOTS cruise. They gave her an updated card no problem. But getting that new information into the database was a different issue. After hours she was held up trying to get into any venue that checked as "the system' would say she was under 18 even when they swiped the new card. So she'd show here driver's lic' and then they'd call and eventually she'd be let in ....