Suite perks on VT Ocean View suite

stalek

It's the old 2 bedroom suite on deck 10. On the new categorization guide it is listed below the JS. Not Sure if that suite had gold card privileges before or not.

The rule of thumb that has worked in the past has been if the category has the word "suite" but does not have the word "junior", then it's a full suite with gold (or whatever color on Oasis/Quantum classes) card perks.

• 7 months later...

Hoping it is full suite as I had to pay the full suite down payment and the new cancellation policy for full suites!! Doing the 12 night Med late October and very excited!! Was hoping for the tiny balcony and doors that open in some of the pictures earlier. Anyone know for sure? Either way, looking forward to this room.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Got an email from RCL and this is NOT a full suite FYI. Seems to be along the line of a Junior Suite with no gold card.:( Oh, well, still get lots of extra room for just 2 of us on a 12 day cruise!!

I was just told by the RC reservation agent I talked to that this IS a full suite. I wish someone really knew!

I was just told by the RC reservation agent I talked to that this IS a full suite. I wish someone really knew!

It seems to me that if the deposit is only available as a non-refundable deposit, it must be a full suite.

• Like 1

It seems to me that if the deposit is only available as a non-refundable deposit, it must be a full suite.

The first person I talked to in redeployment said no, it was more like a Jr Suite. So I called back and asked an agent specifically about this cabin on Jewel and she said yes, it was a full suite. Only the Jr Suites do not get the suite amenities as noted on the 'Suite Enhancements' web page and Two Bedroom Suites are listed there as being suites. Perhaps I should call back again...:confused:

The first person I talked to in redeployment said no, it was more like a Jr Suite. So I called back and asked an agent specifically about this cabin on Jewel and she said yes, it was a full suite. Only the Jr Suites do not get the suite amenities as noted on the 'Suite Enhancements' web page and Two Bedroom Suites are listed there as being suites. Perhaps I should call back again...:confused:

Another way to tell would be to contact whoever booked you cruise and ask them how much it would cost to prepay gratuities. If it comes out to $14.50/day, then it's not a full suite. At $17.50 per day, it's a full suite.

Another way to tell would be to contact whoever booked you cruise and ask them how much it would cost to prepay gratuities. If it comes out to $14.50/day, then it's not a full suite. At $17.50 per day, it's a full suite.

They have changed the Cat on this Suite multiple times. On Serenade I had same room #1054 for 12 nites BOS/FLL Repo to myself. Tips were the Full Suite rate in Fall 2016...

OK. Well, My Cruises does not show any of my reservations at the moment and they cannot find them. 'Try again later!!' I booked with RC (re-booked this from cancelled Navigator). Thanks for the tip.

Royal Reservations are down for Maintenance, says back up by noon Sunday EST.

OK. Well, My Cruises does not show any of my reservations at the moment and they cannot find them. 'Try again later!!' I booked with RC (re-booked this from cancelled Navigator). Thanks for the tip.

Saturday night IT maintenance.

They have changed the Cat on this Suite multiple times. On Serenade I had same room #1054 for 12 nites BOS/FLL Repo to myself. Tips were the Full Suite rate in Fall 2016...

I read on another site (it was posted over a year ago though) that the VT rooms would be 'jr. suite' category but not sure if that is still true. Since I changed my cancelled Navigator to this one, I was not charged any deposit so I don't know what we would have been charged but it is now non-refundable. I don't think I was given the option to price it any other way.

• 3 months later...

G'day,

Just wondering if anyone can help with the outcome of the question for this if it is a FULL suite? I am looking for a Suite not for the Lounge bur for the double points as this will take us up to Diamond plus once we do the intended cruise.

The booking category is a VT on Jewel of the Seas.

Thanks in advance as I did call the Call Centre just before and they were 'unsure' like the previous comments on this post.

Cheers!

G'day,

Just wondering if anyone can help with the outcome of the question for this if it is a FULL suite? I am looking for a Suite not for the Lounge bur for the double points as this will take us up to Diamond plus once we do the intended cruise.

The booking category is a VT on Jewel of the Seas.

Thanks in advance as I did call the Call Centre just before and they were 'unsure' like the previous comments on this post.

Cheers!

It doesn´t matter for C&A points as you get double points in a JS Category as well as in full suites.

It doesn´t matter for C&A points as you get double points in a JS Category as well as in full suites.

I thought the poster was asking if they got double points for the VT category.

We are booked into room VT/1054 on JEWEL OTS in November 2019 under refundable deposit of $900.00. I was advised this room is considered same as Junior Suite will receive double points but no other suite amenities.

What surprises me is that this room can be booked for only two persons. ??

That's what I was thinking. If it's a new category, then you will probably get 10 different answers from RC.

• 2 months later...
We are booked into room VT/1054 on JEWEL OTS in November 2019 under refundable deposit of $900.00. I was advised this room is considered same as Junior Suite will receive double points but no other suite amenities.

What surprises me is that this room can be booked for only two persons. ??

That is surprising. Why do you want that cabin for just 2?

Sent from my PH-1 using Forums mobile app