Pitty party

G&TQ

I sail Saturday on the Glory, leave for Miami Friday. Sick as a dog. Cross your fingers that it is just allergies and the drive away from pine tree central along with sunshine and sea breeze will clear it up.

Warm Breezes and smooth water to you all.

G

I sail Saturday on the Glory, leave for Miami Friday. Sick as a dog. Cross your fingers that it is just allergies and the drive away from pine tree central along with sunshine and sea breeze will clear it up.

Warm Breezes and smooth water to you all.

G

I have the same issue! I leave in 7 days

Please go to a doc to be sure it's not contagious. My DH missed Roatan and Belize (staying in bed in the cabin) on a cruise a few years ago because someone so "kindly" shared their upper respiratory problems with him once aboard. It was actually pneumonia and lingered for weeks making him totally miserable.

If you are "sick as a dog" and cannot prove (by a doctor's note, for example) that you DO NOT have anything contagious, don't you run the risk of being denied boarding or confined to your cabin once on board, to keep you from infecting others? Or does that only happen with folks who have stomach virus (e.g. norovirus) symptoms?

We nicknamed our last cruise the bronchitis cruise because we heard so many people coughing up a lung. Luckily we didn't get sick. Just don't be like the sick people on board who go around coughing into their hands and then touch everything. I had a nasty cold one time on a cruise and I tried my best to avoid spreading it by washing my hands a lot, sitting at a table for two at dinner, etc. I hope you feel better before you get there. Might be helpful to bring a selection of tea in case you need it :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

If you are "sick as a dog" and cannot prove (by a doctor's note, for example) that you DO NOT have anything contagious, don't you run the risk of being denied boarding or confined to your cabin once on board, to keep you from infecting others? Or does that only happen with folks who have stomach virus (e.g. norovirus) symptoms?

I think that's just for stomach/fever/noro issues.

Really no way to differentiate a cold from allergies. Can you imagine how long check in would take?:'):eek:

Thanks everyone. I have an appointment in the morning. It allergies- pollen at 2204 today. Hoping a shot will clear it up. Sinus headache is whats killing me and not being be to sleep due to drainage.

No worries. I've gone cruising a couple of times in my life when I had a bad cold. The salt air and the temperature cleared me up within a full day of being on the ship. Maybe it was just my experience, but it's amazing how many aliments a cruise can cure. Best of luck to you!

It is also amaaazing how many other cruisers one sick person on a ship can infect. There is a health questionnaire that each passenger has to fill out. If you have answered "yes" to any of the questions you will be asked to be assessed by a Carnival physician before you are allowed to board. If you have answered all the questions with a "no" and you have a cold or other illness, you are doing the other passengers a disservice by boarding the ship in ill health and putting them at risk. Just saying.

It is also amaaazing how many other cruisers one sick person on a ship can infect. There is a health questionnaire that each passenger has to fill out. If you have answered "yes" to any of the questions you will be asked to be assessed by a Carnival physician before you are allowed to board. If you have answered all the questions with a "no" and you have a cold or other illness, you are doing the other passengers a disservice by boarding the ship in ill health and putting them at risk. Just saying.

Sorry. Nobody is going to miss a cruise for a cold.

Good luck! Hope you feel better. I was just diagnosed with strep today. It's going around where I live. I'm just thankful it's happening now and not a month from now when I'm leaving for my cruise. Thank god for antibiotics.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Sorry. Nobody is going to miss a cruise for a cold.

Right?! I doubt the person who commented on my post would miss their cruise because of a cold. I know I wouldn't and didn't lol. They must live their life in a plastic bubble. No door knob touching, sitting on the toilet (in their own house cuz, ew, germs!), no picking up utensils at restaurants, drinking out of glasses at other people's house or in restaurants, the list goes on and on.

It was just a cold, I was fine, and it was an awesome cruise!