TJ Travel (Russia)

Jaycro

We are sailing on the Silhouette in August for a 12 day Baltic. A fellow traveller on our last cruise highly recommended TJ Travel to book excursions. C.C. and Trip Advisor are both very positive about their experience with them. Opine?

We have "opined" on the subject on the appropriate Port of Call board. But suffice it to say that we recently used TJ Tours (for 2 days) in St Petersburg and were very satisfied. We had an excellent (nearly new) mini-bus and a terrific guide. Would use them again in a heartbeat. That being said, others on our cruise also praised both Alla and SPB tours.

Hank

We have "opined" on the subject on the appropriate Port of Call board. But suffice it to say that we recently used TJ Tours (for 2 days) in St Petersburg and were very satisfied. We had an excellent (nearly new) mini-bus and a terrific guide. Would use them again in a heartbeat. That being said, others on our cruise also praised both Alla and SPB tours.

Hank

Another thumbs up for TJ. All the main operators seem to get very good reviews but TJ were a little less expensive.

Another YES for TJ Travel. We used them a few years ago and they were beyond great. Alla and SPB also get great reviews but TJ was willing to work with our group and customize a tour for to include Jewish Heritage without really missing anything else.

• 3 months later...
If you are on the Silhouette sailing 8/23, our roll call has several group tours set up with SPB

and Alla.

Both had great reviews and highly rated with Trip Advisors.

I was just on Celebrity Silhouette ending in Amsterdam on July 18th. We also booked with TJ travel for St. Petersburg. Our guide was Itan, our driver Alexi. I thought they did a great job, especially given the number of tourists in most areas as we went along.

For some reason, there is a huge line for getting off the boat and being processed in St. Petersburg. The sooner you can get in line and off the boat, the better. Regardless of how long it takes, the tour guides are aware of this, so they are patiently waiting for you on the other side of the passport stations.

St. Petersburg has so much to see, so having a guide was great as she was able to get us into the Hermitage before the main hours. We were able to walk through in a fairly limited amount of time, but see the important items and get out and on to the next stop. When we were there, there were hallways that were empty for our photos. Our guide said that NEVER happens, so be prepared for dealing with large numbers of people. That being said, TJ travel does a great job of keeping you moving but letting you spend enough time in each place. There is going to be a lot of walking, but it was very enjoyable.

I would use TJ travel again, especially in St. Petersburg and Itan. She was a really good guide, very knowledgeable of everything we saw.

We used TJ travel for a walking tour in Tallinn, Estonia. The tour was fine, but the other people were too slow. We had younger people and people with canes. The roads are steep in places and there are cobblestones, so it made it very difficult for some people to maneuver. My mom is 70 and she said the tour was too slow for her and she is not a speedy person by any means. If I booked another tour in the future, I would ask if the group could place people together by walking abilities and interests. I think that would help.

There were never any issues about getting back to the boat with the outside tour groups, so I would not be concerned about that. Everyone did a great job.

The price was about half of what the boat was charging.

Good trip. Celebrity Silhouette is fantastic. The staff on that ship are just phenomenal.!!!

:)

We were extraordinarily pleased with TJ travel! We used them for every single city on our Baltic cruise and each guide was better than the last one! In comparison with friends we met on the cruise… Our groups on TJ travel were much smaller than the groups on SPB and Alla. I would absolutely recommend TJ travel!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sailed with Celebrity Baltic cruise July last year used DenRus tours for St Petersburgh only 6 of us on 13 seater coach no queuing at any of the main sites because we were such a small group. price for 3 days definatly worth looking at .

We were extremely happy with TJ Travel in St Petersburg.

Can highly recommend them.

New bus, excellent guide, used them for 2 days.

Had wonderful 3 day tour with a couple we contacted on cruisecritic. We had all been to St. Petersburg before, seeing all the highlights so wanted to see things we had not been to before. TJ Travel's guide, Elena and driver Dimitrie, couldn't have been better. Excellent English, very knowledgeable and great fun for the whole three days. Felt like we were with 6 friends of long standing.

Could not possibly have been a better three days with TJ Travel. Can't recommend them highly enough.

Hapicruisin

We did a private tour with TJ from the Silhouette and it was a great experience. Highly recommend them. Most of the major tour companies in St Petersburg have good reviews and a loyal following, so it seems hard to go wrong with the major players.

Just returned from 5 nights in St Petersburg and had TJ as pour private guide for the 4 of us the entire time from picking us up at the airport to return to the airport. I highly recommend them. Tatiana & Julia (TJ) are very good.

I can't think of any way that our 2 day tour with TJ Travel could have been better. We chose to attend an optional evening folk show that required us to be dropped off to meet another driver. The driver arrived right on time, and the show was excellent. Jo Ann still regards the show as a highlight of the tour.

David & Jo Ann

We booked TJ Travel for a two-day tour of St. Petersburg, Russia this summer. TJ Travel was wonderful from start to finish. The booking process was simple and straightforward. They responded promptly to each of my questions and were very reassuring that all would go well. Our group was relatively small, comprised of 8 people. We toured St. Petersburg in a new Mercedes-Benz van that comfortably seats 16 people. Our tour guide, Maria, and driver, Demetri, were outstanding. They were gracious, patient, and accommodating with our group. We had early entry into the Hermitage and that was very helpful given the number of visitors in July. Maria spoke excellent English and made Russian history come alive for us as we toured this culturally rich city. Several of us were attending the ballet at the Mariinsky Theatre at the end of our first day. Demetri made the transfers to and from the Mariinsky seamless. He helped us to get a snack at a local restaurant prior to going to the Mariinsky Theatre and was then prompt in picking us up at the conclusion of the performance. TJ Travel made payment easy as well. At the end of the second day, payment was taken in the form of credit cards. If you are looking for a professional tour company in St. Petersburg, check out TJ Travel. They will take great care of you while showing you this beautiful city.