Live from the Majestic Princess preview cruise

dides

I know it was said they aren't taking coffee cards I'm hopeful on the second leg they do coffee and take the cards. I'll have withdrawal if I can only get good (latte) at breakfast plus I have 4 cards to use up.

I know it was said they aren't taking coffee cards I'm hopeful on the second leg they do coffee and take the cards. I'll have withdrawal if I can only get good (latte) at breakfast plus I have 4 cards to use up.

I think it's just they aren't taking coffee cards at the bubble tea place? I didn't think they weren't taken coffee cards as normal.

Oh man, we loved this area on the Royal. It was generally uncrowded, protected from the wind and great views. Didn't you say there was a smoking area on 17 aft? Surely it's not here by the exercise area? Such a waste of beautiful space up there with this configuration.

No, smoking is deck 17 forward and deck 7 aft

I look at the pic of the exercise equipment and I think also waste of space.

I could be lounging with a cocktail with primo view....

Now I know this ship is for the Chinese market.

Are the Chinese people very big on exercise?

Not much alcohol drinking also ....that I'm impressed with. Smoking not so good but hey can't have everything lol

I go in and out of my exercise phases but when I'm in I can't imagine a better area to do it..... maybe I will be inspired next week:-)

Kerri

DebbieMacG ---- Found it, the two page Majestic Princess March to September 2017 Itinerary...

Roll Call- Majestic Princess April 4, 2017

Posted by- sidari

Posted on- March 29, 2017

Post- #229

I look at the pic of the exercise equipment and I think also waste of space.

I could be lounging with a cocktail with primo view....

Now I know this ship is for the Chinese market.

Are the Chinese people very big on exercise?

Not much alcohol drinking also ....that I'm impressed with. Smoking not so good but hey can't have everything lol

I go in and out of my exercise phases but when I'm in I can't imagine a better area to do it..... maybe I will be inspired next week:-)

Kerri

Yes they are. When I visited China a couple of years ago I noticed many of all ages exercising in the parks and even the sidewalks of residential areas.

Really? The existing markets got Royal and Regal and there are two more new builds in the pipeline.

It is probably easier and more cost effective to fit out a new ship to suit the Chinese market than to refit an older ship. Also by tailoring a new ship to specifically suit Chinese needs Princess is probably getting a jump on other cruise lines in that region.

Bingo, CHINA, the new world leader and powerhouse.

We are sitting in the Hollywood Conservatory on the maiden cruise first sea day. Trying to read my kindle but the noise from musical instruments and the collapsing giant Jenga pieces is deafening, The four Cabanas are now roped off and the attendent says they can be rented for $120 for half a day - you get your own butler. Not what you might call a sanctuary though with everyone else (and us) passing through.

Sandra

Hi,no just the new "cash cow" lol,cheers,Brian.

Ahh in conjunction with japan which owns 65% of the worlds debt, in other words, who owns who.

LOL, New World Order, and as history has taught us, theres only one way out of that little pickle.

MMhhh 23 trillion and growing rapidly.

From the sounds of it, even if one rented a cabana the noise would be bothersome......

Not to the Chinese. They're used to a constant 140dB cacophony of: thousands of people 'scream talking' on their phones, vehicle horns, sirens, fireworks and distortion level music blasting out of speakers on the sidewalk in front of stores.

Generally speaking, most Chinese particularly those from China prefer family or group get together, be it at a big dining table with 10 or -12 people or 4 people playing mahjong or card games or big line dancing group. In the Chinese culture, happiness often goes hand in hand with noise.

Bear in mind that it is only after it reaches Shanghai that the Majestic will be exclusively sold to the Chinese market, the noise level on the ship before (in the Mediterranean and en route from Rome to Shanghai) and after it reaches Shanghai will be vastly different.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have a couple questions

1.Is there a Captains Circle Host on board?

2.Have you had most travelled passenger parties.

3.This is for my other half.Do they have the special 2 for 1 happy hour.

4.Have they had top 40 party.They usually have it in club 6 but it looks like there is no club 6.

Thanks for your blog.It is much appreciated

People have mentioned there is no travel office or way to purchase Future Cruise credits from what they have seen from the deck plans......is that a fact?

People have mentioned there is no travel office or way to purchase Future Cruise credits from what they have seen from the deck plans......is that a fact?

No, incorrect. There is a shared room off the Piazza on deck 5 for future cruise sales and captains circle membership desk. I know people who have bought FCC already.

Quick question Lobster bar. You said it was prepared to Chinese tastes. What is that?

They prepare it either as grilled whole lobster, lobster pieces deep fried in tempura or lobster Kung pao style.

So is there a outside quiet place left onboard? /quote]

There is some nice wicker seating on the port side of deck 17 forward but it can be windy there. I preferred deck 16 aft during the day overlooking the wake but no comfy seats there like on the Regal ( yet).

No, incorrect. There is a shared room off the Piazza on deck 5 for future cruise sales and captains circle membership desk. I know people who have bought FCC already.

Awesome.....thanks for your quick response and clarifying the situation.....we needed to buy some FCC's on the leg we will be on...:)

So is there a outside quiet place left onboard? /quote]

There is some nice wicker seating on the port side of deck 17 forward but it can be windy there. I preferred deck 16 aft during the day overlooking the wake but no comfy seats there like on the Regal ( yet).

There are nice loungers forward and aft on the

Promenade deck on the Royal and Regal. We spent some time in the aft loungers on a sea day. It was quiet and you had a nice wake view. Do they have the same on the Majestic?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Awesome.....thanks for your quick response and clarifying the situation.....we needed to buy some FCC's on the leg we will be on...:)

I've been able to electronically purchase FCDs on my mobile devices using the Princess@Sea system. I locate the future cruise consultant information & there's an option to purchase FCDs.

Some final pictures now we are using a wi-fi dongle and not the ship's internet (patchy as usual):

<snipped>

Exercise equipment on deck 17 aft - what a waste of a good view!

IMG_0206_zpsffokdobr.jpg

Again, another modification for the Chinese market- maybe 'wasted' to the western world, but my guess is that this will be filled with people practicing qigong, esp in the morning.