The Balcony "Hot" Tubs

Bootman4U

Yes, as in the Oceania and Vista suites among possibly others. I assume they are not like the usual hot tubs near the pool which maintain a certain temperature, correct?

Perhaps I am using the incorrect nomenclature for these features and if I am I am certain someone will help out.

They are, quite literally, bathtubs of a "soaking" depth.

x_092835.jpg

They have Jacuzzi jets

and if you tinker with the water supply and the overflow a continuous temperature may be maintained.

We once had ours filled with ice during a particularly sweltering Panama Canal crossing.

We had guests returning to the party until all hours, asking for a dip :halo:

x_092835.jpg

They have Jacuzzi jets

and if you tinker with the water supply and the overflow a continuous temperature may be maintained.

We once had ours filled with ice during a particularly sweltering Panama Canal crossing.

Thanks VERY much for the information. This is what I have suspected all along and the whole "tinkering" thing makes sense so I'll definitely be trying that strategy.

As to their accessibility, that's one barrier we do not yet have to face, fortunately. I'm actually looking forward to using ours.

x_092835.jpg

They have Jacuzzi jets

Did you loose your A/C? Ice is a pretty drastic way to cool down. :confused::confused:

Did you loose your A/C? Ice is a pretty drastic way to cool down. :confused::confused:

I was looking at punch bowls and Ice chests on Amazon the other day and when I saw the "hot tub" I thought that they would be perfect for a wedding reception punch bowl... I think Billy Barty might have been the designer

I was looking at punch bowls and Ice chests on Amazon the other day and when I saw the "hot tub" I thought that they would be perfect for a wedding reception punch bowl... I think Billy Barty might have been the designer

Dan, when I was a teenager, I went to a family wedding in New Orleans. The wedding was very close family at St Louis Cathedral at Jackson Square (tours were supposed to be held back but we heard one "OH, it's a wedding!" from the rear at the very beginning!) The reception was held in the bride and groom's new rental digs and there were additional extended family and friends among the guests--a big crowd of folks!. The bride and groom's fridge went out that morning so they iced all the beverages that needed iced in their one and and only bathtub. It worked! I remember my aunt and uncle, the bride's parents' weren't thrilled with much that day but were happy by the end of the night!

Tubs of any sort have many uses. We fill ours up whenever a storm is headed toward the beach so we can flush our toilets if needed.

Thanks again for the information about the hot tubs aboard ship.

Tubs of any sort have many uses. We fill ours up whenever a storm is headed toward the beach so we can flush our toilets if needed.

And I remember stories of the family using theirs for 'bathtub gin' during the prohibition years. Gotta love those Irish!

Donna

Good idea, but we would get a lot more flushes from the pool in the yard. Just need to use what you have.

Good idea, but we would get a lot more flushes from the pool in the yard. Just need to use what you have.

Sorry, but with winds over 100 MPH and debris flying around outside I think I'll stick with the tub inside. What that outside pool IS good for is submerging all the poolside furniture to protect it.