Differences between a Balcony and a Club Balcony

janny444

Hi....on the point of booking our first cruise with Cunard but undecided which grade to go for.

Am I correct in thinking that with the Club balcony you can go at anytime in the MDR in the opening hours for dinner instead of choosing either of the two sittings as you do with a standard balcony.....more like Freedom dining?

Are there any other "extras" with a club balcony?

Hi....on the point of booking our first cruise with Cunard but undecided which grade to go for.

Am I correct in thinking that with the Club balcony you can go at anytime in the MDR in the opening hours for dinner instead of choosing either of the two sittings as you do with a standard balcony.....more like Freedom dining?

Are there any other "extras" with a club balcony?

Yes Janny444, your table is "yours" to use whenever you want during dinner time. In addition, that same table is yours for breakfast and lunch whenever you choose to eat in the dining room.

You may dine at "your" table in the Britannia Club Restaurant - not the MDR - during opening hours for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

The cabins are exactly the same, but you get a few minimal perks like nicer beach towels, robes and supposedly a pillow menu. Plus a full bottle of the dreadful Pol Aker - which you may or may not consider a perk!

• Like 1

You may dine at "your" table in the Britannia Club Restaurant - not the MDR - during opening hours for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

The cabins are exactly the same, but you get a few minimal perks like nicer beach towels, robes and supposedly a pillow menu. Plus a full bottle of the dreadful Pol Aker - which you may or may not consider a perk!

And, certainly when I last occupied a 'Club' stateroom, an invite to the 'Grills' Cocktail Party.

The cabins are exactly the same ...

The new Club balcony staterooms on Deck 13 (A2s) have two differences. The "bathroom" is better decorated than the regular rooms and there is a glass door on the shower instead of the curtain which most people dislike. Also, the door to the balcony is a sliding door which I prefer to the ones that open outwards.

Which ship are you considering janny444?

The Club balconies on QE & soon to be QV can be noisy. I have only been in Club once, we enjoyed the dining arrangements very much but it was the noisiest cabin we have ever been in - from above and the laundry opposite.

The Club balconies on QE & soon to be QV can be noisy. I have only been in Club once, we enjoyed the dining arrangements very much but it was the noisiest cabin we have ever been in - from above and the laundry opposite.

Oh yes the room from hell, we had the deck 8 accessible club on QE never again so much noise from above..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thinking of the QV

I, too, found the deck 8 Club balcony was very noisy. I was under the pool deck but it was the middle of January in the North Atlantic so I didn't think it would be a problem- wrong. They still cleaned the deck and moved furniture every day.

There is also more of an overhang above the balcony than on lower decks.

Hi,I am new to this board.I am looking at a cruise on QM2.Does having a standard balcony mean I have to have set dining and not allowed freedom dining?Sorry if I have misread this as I normally sail Princess,cheers,Brian.

Ah- i read the "good" Pol Acker is still around- that one comes in handy to fight insects or other rodents you may find in your cabin - also good to remove the rust stains on your balcony if that bothers one....! Just kidding of course- one may never find the such on board a Cunard ship!

Ah- i read the "good" Pol Acker is still around- that one comes in handy to fight insects or other rodents you may find in your cabin - also good to remove the rust stains on your balcony if that bothers one....! Just kidding of course- one may never find the such on board a Cunard ship!

Dam wish I had known I would have saved ours for the cockroaches we had on QM2 a few years back, had to be moved another cabin which was a sheltered balcony..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk