Grand Cayman - tender or docked???

99florida

Sailing on Celebrity Equinox next month and see that she is the only ship visiting Grand Cayman. Does the Equinox tender or docked? I sure hope docked. Thanks all....:)

You Tender in Grand Cayman. We were on the Equinox in January and it is all Tenders.

I believe you will find Grand Cayman is a port that is tendered to.

I suggest you go "swimming" with the stingrays. It is a great experience and try for the early morning excursion. The stingrays are harmless-unless you actually step on one.

Feed them squid from your hand.

Wow! We stopped in Grand Cayman a few times years ago and I thought for some reason RCCL actually docked therefore assumed Celebrity would use their dock space. Must have been dreaming. I do know that when heading back on an RCCL ship (I think Freedom or Mariner) we did not have to wait and was very thankful b/c other cruise lines (Carnival - NCL - or even Celebrity) had massive lines. Maybe that's what I recalled was the gosh awful heat and and hour or two line. Getting back to our ship we had to go left while all the other ships in port all moved right. Glad that the Equinox will be the only ship in port the day we visit. The last thing I want to do is hurry up and wait. Yikes.... Thanks everyone. Happy sailing

Wow! We stopped in Grand Cayman a few times years ago and I thought for some reason RCCL actually docked therefore assumed Celebrity would use their dock space. Must have been dreaming.

Yes, you are mistaken. Grand Cayman does not have a deep see port. They will not build one because they know they would have to destroy some of their reef.

If you have any OBC worth considering a celebrity snorkelling tour early morning and avoid any queues getting off. You are then returning to the ship by lunchtime before the return tenders get busy and you get the bonus of a quiet ship to enjoy for the afternoon.

I know this way has some disadvantages (more expensive, getting up early, larger group...) but it can also make life easier at a tender port if you hate queues.

You will tender into Grand Cayman. If you are booking with a private excursion company, check out the policy if the ship is not able to tender. We were not able to tender a few weeks ago due to high seas.

In the past, we have taken the big tenders supplied by the port authority. Not the ship's lifeboats....

Wow! We stopped in Grand Cayman a few times years ago and I thought for some reason RCCL actually docked therefore assumed Celebrity would use their dock space. Must have been dreaming.

Definitely wasn't Grand Cayman. This is a tender only port. Maybe it was a different stop you're remembering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk