What is your favorite food on the Breakaway

Mhl76

We're just off the Breakaway today. The MDR food was good, but the menu has changed and were only a few things that our family really loved. The pasta carbonara was a huge hit, lamb was great, Peking duck salad, french onion soup, and caesar salads, and steak frites were solid options when nothing else appealed. I got two different short rib dishes and both tasted like pot roast. Good pot roast but pot roast nontheless.

The surprise hits for me were in the buffet. The eggs benny, Indian dishes, and spinach and feta pizza were all perfectly cooked and excellent!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

What is your favorite food on the Breakaway? Looking for suggestions and pics if you have them... Cheers!!!

If you're in the Haven: slow roasted pork belly (on the dinner menu), french dip (sandwich on the lunch menu), goat cheese galette (also on the lunch menu).

We enjoyed a dinner at Wasabi. We enjoyed a dinner at Ocean Blue...this is maybe silly but the bread/rolls were fantastic. Our appetizer and entree? We didn't make the best choices...so I won't criticize them.

We had the ribeye at Cagney's and it was fantastic. It was enough for three people...but it was very good!

The Ahi Tuna Poke in the Haven and everything at the Raw Bar.

20 days until we can enjoy it again

Monty

I agree! First had this in 2014 in the haven and loved it. Had it again in 2016, and it was very downsized. Used to be plentiful, served in a martini glass. Now it is packed into a 1 inch round mold, and served on a plate. You might want to order 2. I also had it at Wasabi one evening and it was somewhat downsized too.

Other thing that was memorable was the roast suckling pig at Garden Café.

The lobster roll at Ocean Blue's take out window on the waterfront. Only offered from 12-2 on sea days. With a bottle of corona staring at the ocean - doesn't get better than this.

If you're in the Haven: slow roasted pork belly (on the dinner menu), french dip (sandwich on the lunch menu), goat cheese galette (also on the lunch menu).

We enjoyed a dinner at Wasabi. We enjoyed a dinner at Ocean Blue...this is maybe silly but the bread/rolls were fantastic. Our appetizer and entree? We didn't make the best choices...so I won't criticize them.

We had the ribeye at Cagney's and it was fantastic. It was enough for three people...but it was very good!

What's a French Dip sandwich?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The salmon frittata on the Haven breakfast menu. The grilled shrimp were also very good.

My favourite dessert is the lava cake. Mmmmm, chocolate gooey goodness!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just home from the March 26 sailing of the Breakaway.

1. Osso Buco in La Cucina is one of my favourites

2. Green Tea Cake with (extra) green tea ice cream in Teppanyaki keeps me gong back (twice each cruise)

3. I LOVE to slather the Teppanyaki fried rice with the creamy mustard sauce they provide for meat

4. My wife RAVES about the calamari that is part of the Teppanyaki seafood classic

5. The one time a cruise they have red velvet cake in the buffet

6. Chocolate chip bread pudding in the buffet (again, only once this sailing)

Used to be the hamburgers from the Uptown grill. Now I'm at a lose. All the other restaurants we can go to on other NCL ships. Maybe the hot dogs on the cart by Spice. We want something that's unique, not just the same food you can get somewhere else. Saying the steak at Cagney's or Le bistro is the best on the Breakaway, is like saying you want to go to New Orleans to have a Ruth Chris dinner. Good yes. Unique? Absolutely not.