35 night cruise

coxy

:)Usually do two week fly cruise to Caribbean in January but looking at 35 nights in Jan 18 on oceana anybody else done this cruise, bit worried about the weather on the 6 sea days any advice on what to expect :)

We've done a couple of cruises there and back, one on Arcadia and one on Aurora, both in November. The weather was not great crossing the Bay (Force 11 and 10 respectively) but fine for the rest of the trip. I would imagine it's similar in January, but hopefully someone else will let you know. 😃

Sent from my Sony Z1 Compact.

We are nicely back from the 35 nighter on Oceana to the Caribbean. We had an 8 day crossing from La Corunia to Antigua, the sea was a little choppy but with a deep swell, we took Stugeron for the first 3 nights. By the 4th day it was warm enough for shorts and T shirt while sitting out, still a deep swell, but we had our sea legs by then. The last 3 days were wall to wall sunshine. On the way back the first 2 days were poor with cloud and broken sunshine, it then picked up and got much warmer with the sun being out, we had a lovely sunny warm day in Ponta Delgada. Once we left Ponta Delgada it started cooling down with odd shower, but nice enough to walk around deck with a lightweight jacket.

It was a great cruise the first we had done of this duration, as we had just retired. We had reservations about crossing the Atlantic twice and such a long cruise, however we loved it and both agreed we could have gone around again, plus we booked another 35 nighter for 2019 while we were on-board.

Feel free to ask if you have any other queries.

We do a 28 / 35 dayer across the Atlantic every Winter and as others have said it's impossible to predict the weather. On our Westbound crossing this year (on Ventura) the Atlantic was totally flat and we didn't even feel like we were at sea. On the way back we had a fair bit of movement but nothing the ship didn't cope with well. We've done a few on Oceana too and we like the layout and size of the ship (other than the fact she's not got a Crow's Nest) but much prefer the cabins and balconies on Ventura.

We love these cruises. It's great to feel so warm, relaxed and enjoying the Caribbean way of life when the weather's so cold and nasty at home. The only down side as far as we're concerned is that we're very happy with the high number of sea days except after we leave our last port (usually Ponta Delgada) We know then we're close to home, the weather's deteriorating so we don't go on deck much and we start to get cabin fever. We make sure we load our iPads lots of books, videos, puzzles etc.

:)Usually do two week fly cruise to Caribbean in January but looking at 35 nights in Jan 18 on oceana anybody else done this cruise, bit worried about the weather on the 6 sea days any advice on what to expect :)

Hi there Coxy.

Straight from the horses' mouth...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2017/02/17/oceana-35-night-caribbean-round-trip/

31664954564_03055b7ea6_z.jpg

And there's a second instalment that covers 'Life onboard'...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2017/02/24/life-on-board-oceanas-35-night-cruise/

32884249031_6a580af3c9_z.jpg

We too manage either 35 nights or 28 nights each winter and the weather varies.....We have had it rough both ways and also a very calm crossing (this January) I found on the rough crossing that after Day 2 I didn't need any medication, so presumably i got acclimatised!

If you book a mid ship cabin preferably low down , you will not feel the movement as much. It certainly wouldn't put me off a Transatlantic cruise.

Went on a 35 night Cruise on the Oceana.

Left Jan 4th returned Feb 7th.

Saw very little rain and came back with a nice tan, without even trying. I consider the weather gods were on our side.

I say go for it, I loved it so much I am going back again next year. 28 days next time.

Went on a 35 night Cruise on the Oceana.

Left Jan 4th returned Feb 7th.

Saw very little rain and came back with a nice tan, without even trying. I consider the weather gods were on our side.

I say go for it, I loved it so much I am going back again next year. 28 days next time.

The very same one...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2017/02/17/oceana-35-night-caribbean-round-trip/

32401773061_02edf0e4a2_z.jpg