Hello from P&O UK Aurora

Hello from P&O UK Aurora :)

We got the 24hour internet package and I got the last 30 mins of it, so this is just a quick post to say Hi

We are currently at sea heading to Puerto Quetzal, Guatemala, we will arrived there tomorrow.

I posted this update on Facebook a few days ago, but could not get CC to load (bad internet access ashore), so I thought I would share this here as well:

Since we left rainy Auckland on the 12th March 2017 (at least the rain stopped for our sail way from Auckland!), We have visited Lautoka, Fiji (This was our first time to Lautoka), Apia, Samoa and Honolulu, Hawaii on Wednesday (22nd March 2017).

We are now day 4 of 4 days at sea, before we reach San Francisco on Monday, 27th March 2017. (We are now a day behind Aus and NZ.)

In Lautoka we went on a ships tour to Tivua island, to go snorkelling, which was good, and this was the first time we have snorkelled in Fiji!, the snorkelling was better in the afternoon then in the morning, I think that might have been as the tide was coming in.

In Apia we walked in to town and had a look around then we went to Aggie Grey’s down at the water front.

It has been shut for the past 4+ years, due to fire and tsunami damage :(, we have tried to come here about 3 times now on different visits!.

We had a nice afternoon relaxing next to the pool.

In Honolulu, Hawaii

After been processed by US customs, we got off about 10:30am and we went to the shops in the morning and in the afternoon we went to Waikiki beach for a swim :) then we went to check out the new International Market Place, but it’s now like a little Ala Moana :(, nothing like it use to be like….

Then it was time to head back to the ship.

Also Aurora past US coastguard checks.

The ship itself is nice and quite stable, but the layout is confusing when you get on at first, but after a day or two you get used to it.

There is a lot of Indian crew on board.

There is a mix of passengers on board, there is quite a lot of brits on board and a few Australia, but they are keeping a low profile!.

At the moment there is about 10 – 11 kids on-board, but you would not know that there were any on-board.

Sorry to my Britain friends, but the brits do like to complain! (so you got to avoid them, if you can!), mind one night at dinner I meet one Aussie who is a Princess fan Girl and keep saying how good Princess was compared to P&O UK!...........ahhhh Arrrr! (And I thought to myself if you like Princess so much why are you on here!!)

I had hope to post some more photos, but the internet is not great this time :(

Will try post again soon... :)

We loved our few days on Aurora, even made an English friend! As for the "Princess girl", she must be kidding. We will easily be tempted back on to Aurora, there wasn't anything to dislike really. We found the Indian crew much more friendly on Aurora than Arcadia. Arcadia had a different "feel" to it altogether. Enjoy the rest of the cruise, I'm sure you will.

Steve.