Diabetic Vaccinations for minors

Mom2jocevan

Sailing very soon, Mexican Riviera, with two minors, one is a type 1 diabetic. I have all our passport cards ready. Is this all I need for smooth boarding? Do I need any notes from doctors, or immunization records or any current vaccinations done?

I've been on four cruises (all out of Miami) and never had anyone blink at any of my diabetic supplies. It's common -- I highly doubt anything will be questioned. I never travel with any prescriptions and haven't had any issues.

For a basic cruise, no one is going to check any sort of vaccination records, either.

Sailing very soon, Mexican Riviera, with two minors, one is a type 1 diabetic. I have all our passport cards ready. Is this all I need for smooth boarding? Do I need any notes from doctors, or immunization records or any current vaccinations done?

You might want to notify the Access Desk: AccessDesk@ncl.com Give them your sailing date, reservation number and your cabin number. Will you need a Sharpie Container? They can supply that for you. If you have any food restrictions they will notify the Food and Beverage Director and the Restaurant Manager for you.

If you have to refrigerate anything, the Room Stewards can clear the refrigerator for you.

I have Type 2 Diabetes taking my medication on board.

Enjoy your cruise.

Mandy

My son is 16 and we have been on over 14 cruises with him. No one ever bats an eye at my carry-on with his insulin, pump supplies, lancets, etc. No note from doctor required :) Have a great cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Same here. Our 9 year old daughter is T1. She's been on 4 cruises and it's never been an issue. We do let them know ahead of time so that we have a sharps container in our cabin. We don't need any other accommodations, though.

Enjoy your cruise!!

Same here. Our 9 year old daughter is T1. She's been on 4 cruises and it's never been an issue. We do let them know ahead of time so that we have a sharps container in our cabin. We don't need any other accommodations, though.

Enjoy your cruise!!

As an FYI, I've had a small sharps container in my cabin on my last two cruises (Escape and Getaway) and I have never informed NCL that I am diabetic. If you want to ensure one is in your cabin, definitely inform NCL.

I believe that some of those medications need refrigerated? If that's the case for you, keep in mind the mini fridge in the room doesn't have good temperature controls on it and isnt reliable for that. However, I believe if you contact special needs they have a solution for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

thinking more outside the box. Diabetics can pass out when their blood sugar is too low or too high and may need their medication or the doctor may need to know what the diabetic is using and the exact dosage so they can resolve it quickly

it does not take up any extra luggage space for the prescription or a pharmacy list of all the medications and dosages.

consider it an insurance policy... as many here has said.... probably wont need it BUT in my opinion imperative if you do.

Just my 2 cents

I did ask my daughters Endo for a note listing all supplies. I did include her 15 C juice boxes for emergencies. I did reach out to the access desk to get clearance for her emergency juice boxes. I am also bringing some 0 carb juices for her. She is only 7 and would be miserable if all she had was water for a week. The juice boxes were the biggest thing for us though. I was petrified I was going to have to go into ports without her 15 C juices. They work the best for her when I need to get her sugar up.

I did ask my daughters Endo for a note listing all supplies. I did include her 15 C juice boxes for emergencies. I did reach out to the access desk to get clearance for her emergency juice boxes. I am also bringing some 0 carb juices for her. She is only 7 and would be miserable if all she had was water for a week. The juice boxes were the biggest thing for us though. I was petrified I was going to have to go into ports without her 15 C juices. They work the best for her when I need to get her sugar up.

Hi

My daughter too has Type one diabetes. I found out on our last cruise that we had to be careful when getting her a drink from the bars if she had anything fizzy like say a Diet Coke/Pepsi it would have traces of sugar in it from the soda pipe ! So we asked for bottled Coke instead and also the juices in the buffet although they say low sugar they would still make her blood sugar high. So we now take our own juice etc.