Early Impressions Jewel of the Seas

First time ever on a Radiance Class Ship.

Have to say very impressed. Ship is beautiful. Very well maintained. Lounges are very good.

Only criticisms pool decks are a bit small although not much we can do about that & the lifeboat drill at 8:00pm on first day is a nightmare.

Windjammer particularly is so much better than previous trips.

Dominica tomorrow....great days in the sun :D...it is very hot.

Let me know any questions and I am trying to do a very short daily update on my blog

I'm certainly loving it.

The centrum is fantastic and the windows in the bar make such a difference compared to the blocked in voyager, freedom & oasis class.

Few negatives the Kids club is very small and due to facilities they merge all 6-11. Our youngest is only just 6 and not sure all activities are appropriate. Dining tables are very cramped together.

However really I am being picky the ship overall is fantastic.

Few other bits:-

Not sure what is happening with room service charges as we don't seem to have a card in our cabin. Compass seems to only mention late night charges.

We are staying in Cabin 1098 the supposed Junior Suitte with obstructed view. Basically you get an extended balcony which is obstructed/covered that is becoming by afternoon napping area. The usual balcony is not obstructed just the extra space

First time ever on a Radiance Class Ship.

Have to say very impressed. Ship is beautiful. Very well maintained. Lounges are very good.

Only criticisms pool decks are a bit small although not much we can do about that & the lifeboat drill at 8:00pm on first day is a nightmare.

Windjammer particularly is so much better than previous trips.

Dominica tomorrow....great days in the sun :D...it is very hot.

Let me know any questions and I am trying to do a very short daily update on my blog

Great observations, probably because I agree with them. I do like the Jewel Windjammer the best of all the fleet.

I can't wait to get back on Jewel this October in the Med! She is our most cruised ship and I feel like I will be coming home. We haven't been on her since her update, though. What is the Solarium Cafe like now? Are they serving more than pizza?

Check out the surprise at the top of the outside elevators (deck 13)

What is the Solarium Cafe like now? Are they serving more than pizza?
Just off the Jewel. They serve roast beef sandwiches like the ones found in the Park Cafe on other ships, as well as salads made to order (although fewer salad offerings than in Park Cafes).

Just off the Jewel. They serve roast beef sandwiches like the ones found in the Park Cafe on other ships, as well as salads made to order (although fewer salad offerings than in Park Cafes).

Any breakfast offerings?

Thanks! I am looking forward to an extended menu. DH likes to go and get pizza and sit in the hot tub. (Not at the same time, though;p). I will appreciate having salads and the roast beef sandwiches available as well. Do they serve breakfast there? I am thinking not.

No, when I was on Jewel in February there were no breakfast offerings at the Solarium Cafe.

Still hoping they expand the Solarium venue to include breakfast in time for our TA in November.

I'll be on Jewel in 18 days, Can't wait, I will check out deck 13. any other tid bits I should know.

We were in the JS on port side...yes, it was my "napping" area on the balcony, too! The so-called "obstruction" was nothing...no blocking of ANY views!!! Loved the extra space...hated the loooooong walk to the cabin!

We did a B2B on Jewel in this winter, muster seemed fine. Hung out in the Schooner Bar for a bit and left. What made it a nightmare?

It was done at 8pm....dinner was rushed to have dining finished in time. The 2 brilliant waiters we now had just seemed rushed and unfriendly on the 1st night. You would think they had been sent for further training.

Muster was outside I think for everyone.

Someone collapsed near us...it was very hot.

Most of the passengers talked throughout which really wound me up as I could hear nothing.

We were in the JS on port side...yes, it was my "napping" area on the balcony, too! The so-called "obstruction" was nothing...no blocking of ANY views!!! Loved the extra space...hated the loooooong walk to the cabin!

It is still so much quicker though than where we were on Harmony.

Wonderful; I'm following along as I've never said on Jewel (but will be in Sept 2018) and want to learn all about her!

I'll be sure to post a review with lots of pics around May of that year, that should help you look forward to the last 4 months of your wait.

Wonderful; I'm following along as I've never said on Jewel (but will be in Sept 2018) and want to learn all about her!

Will post some further photographs later and the story of the "Happy Bananas". Had a fantastic day today in Dominica. A very beautiful and friendly island.