Norwegian Sky (or any NCL, really) Questions... please help!!

lab_love123

Hello fellow cruisers!

I’m hoping someone can help me out here. I have 2 questions,and I KNOW I have seen answers elsewhere on these threads before, but I am coming up empty now…

1. INTERNET – I will need to purchase internet while I’m on my 4-day Norwegian Sky cruise in a few weeks. Does anyone know how late into the cruise you can buy the unlimited internet? My sister is traveling sans husband and child for the first time, so she needs to stay connected in some capacity in case of emergency. I don’t want to buy pre-cruise, because we don’t need it the first day, so I’m hoping that we could buy the second day at a prorated price. We’re still debating buying unlimited vs. buying a set number of minutes. I don’t think we need unlimited, and I hate to spend so much on internet service that is slow and spotty at best, but she is nervous about being unreachable. I’m also aware that we will probably be able to find free wifi in Freeport and Nassau, but I’m asking about the internet on board, specifically.We would both love to disconnect completely, but that’s not an option for this cruise.

2. GREAT STIRRUP CAY – My second question… starting at what time do you need a tender ticket? I think somewhere I saw 10am? So if you go ashore before 10am, you don’t need a tender ticket? Just looking for some clarity here.

Thanks y'all :-D

The unlimited internet has to be purchased for the entire cruise, so you can't get a prorated rate if you buy it later.

You can purchase minutes at any time.

Thanks! I know with perks on other cruise lines, e.g. the beverage packages on Carnival cruises, you can buy until the second or third day (depending on length of cruise). I was hoping this worked the same way.

I think you have the tender info backwards. It would be after a certain time that you wouldn't need one. People will be lined up to get on the first few tenders.

I thought I saw somewhere that you only need a ticket during "peak times" - like 10am - noon. Outside of that, it was first come first serve. I'm not sure though, so that's why I was asking.

Thanks!

Hello fellow cruisers!

I’m hoping someone can help me out here. I have 2 questions,and I KNOW I have seen answers elsewhere on these threads before, but I am coming up empty now…

1. INTERNET – I will need to purchase internet while I’m on my 4-day Norwegian Sky cruise in a few weeks. Does anyone know how late into the cruise you can buy the unlimited internet? My sister is traveling sans husband and child for the first time, so she needs to stay connected in some capacity in case of emergency. I don’t want to buy pre-cruise, because we don’t need it the first day, so I’m hoping that we could buy the second day at a prorated price. We’re still debating buying unlimited vs. buying a set number of minutes. I don’t think we need unlimited, and I hate to spend so much on internet service that is slow and spotty at best, but she is nervous about being unreachable. I’m also aware that we will probably be able to find free wifi in Freeport and Nassau, but I’m asking about the internet on board, specifically.We would both love to disconnect completely, but that’s not an option for this cruise.

2. GREAT STIRRUP CAY – My second question… starting at what time do you need a tender ticket? I think somewhere I saw 10am? So if you go ashore before 10am, you don’t need a tender ticket? Just looking for some clarity here.

Thanks y'all :-D

We just got off of the Sky and you went to Dazzles nightclub to get tender ticket for the first few tenders and then you will he them call your tender number over the PA. Then after a certain time you just go get in line for the next available tender.

If you buy the minutes package the 1st day, you usually get 20 extra minutes. Similarly sometimes you get some extra minutes for liking the NCL page when you log on through their system.

Unless you have teenagers that can't bear to be off their phones or you want to spend all your time here on CC you don't need the unlimited package just to stay connected.

Do the math to see how many minutes per day you need / can use. Remember to say some so you can print your boarding passes for the flight home. You can sometimes buy a really cheap package for the last day just to do that.

On the subject of tenders - we have a shore excursion booked at GSC at 9:30 - will we be able to get a place on the tender that early? It was booked through NCL.

Your shore ex ticket is your tender ticket. Remember, they use the large tenders from the island. It takes up to 30 mins to fill the early tenders. Don't cut it too tight

• 4 months later...

IMHO the unlimited is completely unnecessary in your sisters situation. Since husband is home with the child it's not as if a third party care taker would need immediate access to her for permission. If a true emergency popped up which she was on the ship her husband could simply call the ship and that would be communicated to her. On a 4 day cruise she could log in a couple times a day and check iMessage/email for less than $20. I spent approx $25 on 'pay as you go' internet on a 10 day cruise where I logged in daily for email/iMessage, and posted to facebook, and kept a live review on cruisecritic going. The internet isn't good enough to stream and is slow at posting pictures, but for anything text based, it's plenty fast enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums