Found Ring in cabin safe

missysworld

If he had left with the room attendant, they would have contacted the previous cruisers and/or at least had it on hand for if they tried to call for it. Carnival has an entire department dedicated to returning lost stuff from cabins.

If he had left with the room attendant, they would have contacted the previous cruisers and/or at least had it on hand for if they tried to call for it. Carnival has an entire department dedicated to returning lost stuff from cabins.

And they do a very good job of it

[YOUTUBE]45zb4M0DpZQ[/YOUTUBE]

These posts always turn ugly. You will get your fair share of people saying you should have turned it in, and others will agree with your decision.

I do have to disagree with an above poster who said the room steward would get it back to the right people. And while 95% of them will, there is always that small percent that may not.

It's a tough call, and clearly a personal call.

I hope the owner gets the ring back.

OP- did you try posting on the roll call for your cruise? Slim chance they may be on there, or someone may know them? Post the cabin number, date of the cruise, etc.

Good Luck!!!!

OP- did you try posting on the roll call for your cruise? Slim chance they may be on there, or someone may know them? Post the cabin number, date of the cruise, etc.

Good Luck!!!!

The op didn't find the ring, they found a news story.

That is very easy to do with those safes. I have always tried to check all those corners, just to make sure there is nothing that may have stuck in there by mistake. I hope if it was valuable, it will find it's owner.

I once found a ring in the safe and another time found a set of keys. Turned them both in at guest services. Hopefully this ring will find it's way back to the original owners.

We were on the Conquest in 2012, DD and SIL had cabin next to ours. We were in no hurry to disembark as we were staying overnight in motel. To accommodate our room stewards, we put all of the luggage in our cabin so we weren't tying up two cabins while we went to breakfast. DD & SIL remembered during breakfast that she had forgotten to get her Northface jacket from the closet when they emptied out their cabin. When we checked with room stewards they told us they did not find a jacket. We were able to access the cabin but the jacket was gone. DD & SIL remember having a conversation about not forgetting the jacket and were positive that it had been left behind. Either someone else had access to the cabin (possible) after it was vacated or the room steward were not telling the truth. We did check with Carnival & never heard back.

We were on the Conquest in 2012' date=' DD and SIL had cabin next to ours. We were in no hurry to disembark as we were staying overnight in motel. To accommodate our room stewards, we put all of the luggage in our cabin so we weren't tying up two cabins while we went to breakfast. DD & SIL remembered during breakfast that she had forgotten to get her Northface jacket from the closet when they emptied out their cabin. When we checked with room stewards they told us they did not find a jacket. We were able to access the cabin but the jacket was gone. DD & SIL remember having a conversation about not forgetting the jacket and were positive that it had been left behind. Either someone else had access to the cabin (possible) after it was vacated or the room steward were not telling the truth. We did check with Carnival & never heard back.[/quote']

Once the room has been vacated, the door is often propped open so the stewards can start their cleaning turnover.

Sorry, in this situation I would def take the room to guest services rather than giving it to the room steward. Not because I think guest services is more trustworthy than the steward, but to make sure that there were witnesses to the ring getting turned in. Any single person could be unethical and having access solo access to a valuable creates an opportunity for theft. But turning the ring in in a public venue, in front of cameras, and making sure a supervisor or additional employees witness it makes it much less likely to disappear in someone's pocket.

But no, there's no situation I would take possession of the ring by taking it off the ship to find the owner myself. The cruise line know who the owner is, taking that task on myself is silly.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't know if I would have taken a found ring off the ship. I can say that I have read MANY times here at CC and on roll calls elsewhere that left items ( even when gone back for quickly) were never found. We have only left one item that we actually contacted Carnival about afterwards. It was never found. With the info I have, I cannot agree with those who say to turn it in and it will get back to its owner. I just don't know about that.

Nope, we have NEVER gotten things back that we left. One time I called while I was still in the terminal before our room had probably even been cleaned and still didn't get my item back. I wouldn't count on them finding the rightful owner. The room attendant puts it in a box and it goes to "lost and found" is what were told. After that it goes to the black hole haha.

By the way, before I get flamed ;), if anyone was lucky enough to get something back, you were the exception and good for you!!

Why do some people think it's a good idea to take/remove forgotten items instead of allowing Carnival to notify the previous occupant.

Carnival never found/returned the over $200 in photos that my daughter left behind in their cabin. Repeated calls to Carnival resulted in nothing but lost memories.

Carnival never found/returned the over $200 in photos that my daughter left behind in their cabin. Repeated calls to Carnival resulted in nothing but lost memories.

Same thing with me :( It seems to me they would put it in a bag with the room number on it and that would make it super easy to figure out who the owner was.

I had this happen. I found a ring tucked in the corner of our safe on Magic. Took it to the pursers desk & turned it in. I did the right thing. I'm not responsible if the ship's staff doesn't do the right thing, that's on them.

ETA: spelling & crap

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We actually found someone's passport in the safe this past Saturday, I did look on Facebook to see if I could personally get their passport to him. Since the last time he had posted was 6 years ago I left it at the desk.

I wonder how the man got through customs?

We actually found someone's passport in the safe this past Saturday, I did look on Facebook to see if I could personally get their passport to him. Since the last time he had posted was 6 years ago I left it at the desk.

I wonder how the man got through customs?

Surely to goodness they got that to him since it was his identification. No excuse not to know who that belonged to!

After a 2008 anniversary cruise with my husband I lost a ring in a safe and as a result I swore I'd never sail with Carnival again. I eventually missed cruising as we don't have many options here out of Long Beach. It was my fault I left the item in the safe but I felt Carnival did not handle the situation well at all.

My husband bought me a cute little anniversary ring onboard (only like a $300) ring and I naturally was pleased and wanted to wear it immediately so I took off the much more expensive diamond ring I was wearing and placed it in safe, no box just by itself. At end of cruise I did basic check in safe but a ring can easily be missed if not thinking about it. I remembered the instant we walked off ship. People were still disembarking, no new guests had arrived at this point. My husband tried to get back on board which of course they would not allow but instead said they sent the cabin steward check the safe, which of course did not turn up. There is no doubt in my mind as I know with 100% certainty that it was in there and I thought Carnival should have really had a higher ranked guest services person search instead of one of the lowest paid guys on board. Of course they gave me the normal lost and found contact and it never turned up. I still get upset when thinking about it and never wear the ring my husband bought on board because it is a negative reminder.

I now leave all jewelry at home.

I was on a B2B cruise Aug 2017 on the Dream. My friend that I was traveling with forgot a watch in the safe. It wasn't a very expensive watch, but had sentimental value to her. Anyway long story short, she contacted Carnival as soon as we got home. They called her 2 weeks later, they had her watch and they mailed it to her via fed-ex. So sometimes forgotten items are found and returned,

I was on a B2B cruise Aug 2017 on the Dream. My friend that I was traveling with forgot a watch in the safe. It wasn't a very expensive watch, but had sentimental value to her. Anyway long story short, she contacted Carnival as soon as we got home. They called her 2 weeks later, they had her watch and they mailed it to her via fed-ex. So sometimes forgotten items are found and returned,

I agree !! I suspect that when someone leaves something in their cabin and for whatever reason it is not returned, those are the stories we hear about. When items are returned, people have no loss so they quickly move on. In some cases when the next boarding commences before Carnival is notified of the item being left, the next passenger may just take the item before Carnival has a chance to look for it - just as in this thread.

My question about all these "I left something in the safe" stories is that if it was valuable enough for someone to put it in the safe to begin with, then why would the person not conduct a thorough examination of the safe as they are preparing to disembark ? :confused: Amazes me ??