First time RC cruisers (hopefully live) Oasis review April 9-16, 2017

Sorry to interject but Magic Marvin was the assistant Director or as they say activities manager. The cruise director was Jimmy Rhodes.

Thanks, he was the only one I ever saw or heard from. I just assumed he was the CD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt, who was your cruise director?

Thanks, Jim

We were also on this voyage and Jimmy Rhodes was the cruise director, although he hurt his knee early on and was unable to host many of the events and Magic Marvin (activities manager) took over. Jimmy had an MRI in Cozumel and will be going back in two week for a follow up. Not sure of the exact injury.

mac_tlc

By far, the best meals we had were at the solarium bistro. About a week before the cruise, it showed as $0.00 so we booked two nights, .

How did you add 2 nights, if I may ask? I see it now as $0 but it only allows me to add once

Thanks

How did you add 2 nights, if I may ask? I see it now as $0 but it only allows me to add once

Thanks

I added one night, and after a day or two (thinking it was a good deal) I went back in the system and just added another.

FYI - my continued review is still forthcoming. I came back to a pile of work and I am taking tomorrow off to go to the City and see Hamilton for the wife's birthday.

Sorry for the delay.

I am SOOOO jealous. I love Hamilton - well the Original Cast Recording anyway as I have yet to see it. We were in NYC for one night last month but could not score tickets. I hope it is as amazing live!

I am SOOOO jealous. I love Hamilton - well the Original Cast Recording anyway as I have yet to see it. We were in NYC for one night last month but could not score tickets. I hope it is as amazing live!

I am super psyched. Honestly the pre-sale availability from amex makes the annual fee worth it this year.

I am super psyched. Honestly the pre-sale availability from amex makes the annual fee worth it this year.

We finally saw Hamilton last month in Chicago - NY tickets were just too hard to score and too pricey! It was the best show I have seen, and as a Broadway freak, I have seen just about everything. I was just in awe of the brilliance of Lin Manuel Miranda and his writing. Chicago cast was amazing, with Wayne Brady in the Burr role. He was incredible. Have a great time!!! Can't wait for your mini review on that too!

We finally saw Hamilton last month in Chicago - NY tickets were just too hard to score and too pricey! It was the best show I have seen, and as a Broadway freak, I have seen just about everything. I was just in awe of the brilliance of Lin Manuel Miranda and his writing. Chicago cast was amazing, with Wayne Brady in the Burr role. He was incredible. Have a great time!!! Can't wait for your mini review on that too!

I don't want this to turn into a Hamilton thread but I saw it in Chicago last month with my daughter and have tickets to see it with my DH in July and with my niece in Aug. It was absolutely amazing and very educational. Can't wait to see it again, after my next cruise;p

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry. I will finish this review. I came home to a pile of work and have put in three weeks of 68-72 hour weeks. :(

Should be better after this week and I will finish it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Portable movie server in room

I also usually travel with a travel router, currently either a RavPower Filehub or a HooToo TripMate Elite Wireless Router.

So are you saying I could pay for wifi on the Oasis (which I am, for one device, on our July 2nd cruise), sign into the wifi with the RavPower Filehub, rebroadcast the signal and then have my wife (and any of our friends) share the wifi signal?

Following. DD and I are doing Mother/Daughter getaway Aug 6 sailing. I have been on Oasis once and she has not. Very excited to hear current happenings on board. Especially Central Park 150 as it did not exist when DH and I sailed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

So are you saying I could pay for wifi on the Oasis (which I am, for one device, on our July 2nd cruise), sign into the wifi with the RavPower Filehub, rebroadcast the signal and then have my wife (and any of our friends) share the wifi signal?

Note that this will work fine in the stateroom with the router, but the signal will degrade rapidly with distance.

Note that this will work fine in the stateroom with the router, but the signal will degrade rapidly with distance.

Oh I get that. Just want something that will rebroadcast the original signal so multiple people could potentially use it.

If that's the case I am totally getting one. Would also be nice to use on flights where one person pays for internet access and then I can get the entire family wifi (like on a Southwest flight).

I'll assume the device signs into the ship's wifi via an app?

Oh I get that. Just want something that will rebroadcast the original signal so multiple people could potentially use it.

If that's the case I am totally getting one. Would also be nice to use on flights where one person pays for internet access and then I can get the entire family wifi (like on a Southwest flight).

I'll assume the device signs into the ship's wifi via an app?

What I've done in the past is connect with one device, bring up the browser, and enter any login credentials necessary. Then other devices don't need to log in at all.

What I've done in the past is connect with one device, bring up the browser, and enter any login credentials necessary. Then other devices don't need to log in at all.

But the second device (wife's iPhone) would need to log into something? It wouldn't just be able to "connect". I'm assuming I'd have to set it up like the wifi at home with a "user name" and a password. Which is fine.

Either way, thanks for the advice. Def getting one before our cruise in July.

But the second device (wife's iPhone) would need to log into something? It wouldn't just be able to "connect". I'm assuming I'd have to set it up like the wifi at home with a "user name" and a password. Which is fine.

Either way, thanks for the advice. Def getting one before our cruise in July.

No, if the router works the way mine does, every device you connect to it looks like the same device to Royal's WiFi, so you just have to log into Royal's WiFi once, and every other device connects to the internet with no login needed.

No, if the router works the way mine does, every device you connect to it looks like the same device to Royal's WiFi, so you just have to log into Royal's WiFi once, and every other device connects to the internet with no login needed.

What router do you have?

Oh and thanks for the help!

Sorry to hi-jack this thread. Sure would like to see this review continued.