No more adult only aft pools?

Thanks for all the PVP advice. I'm not asking for much, just someone who's interested in helping us and answering our questions using whatever means of communication that's best for us. This guy clearly doesn't want to interact over email, but if we're good with it, I think he should be too. I'll go ahead and call to ask to be assigned a different one. I don't want to offend him if he finds out we switched, but I also think he should know that he's not being very attentive to his clientele.

Thanks for all the PVP advice. I'm not asking for much, just someone who's interested in helping us and answering our questions using whatever means of communication that's best for us. This guy clearly doesn't want to interact over email, but if we're good with it, I think he should be too. I'll go ahead and call to ask to be assigned a different one. I don't want to offend him if he finds out we switched, but I also think he should know that he's not being very attentive to his clientele.

Who do you call? The main number? I keep meaning to try and get a PVP assigned but I haven't done so yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yeah. Or you could get a recommendation from friends or family (outside of here).

I will call Carnival and see if I can get one assigned to me. I only know one person with a PVP and they were just assigned one a week or two ago and haven't had cause to use him yet really. Thanks for the info.

I haven't read every post on this thread but I do know that Carnival is going to open the back pool to families due to the fact that in September 2017 the Conquest will be going into drydock and they will be adding a serenity section in the front of the ship. Not sure if they are adding a pool or just the special chairs/hammocks/loungers.

I see a lot of negativity and people jumping to conclusions being that they get a small fact and run with it.

I haven't read every post on this thread but I do know that Carnival is going to open the back pool to families due to the fact that in September 2017 the Conquest will be going into drydock and they will be adding a serenity section in the front of the ship. Not sure if they are adding a pool or just the special chairs/hammocks/loungers.

I see a lot of negativity and people jumping to conclusions being that they get a small fact and run with it.

Mpdahmer: you should've read the whole thread before posting. People here are LIVID and I'm just going to grab some popcorn and wait for the responses to roll in.... [emoji23]

And what about all the other Conquest Class ships along with Victory and Splendor that don't have a pool in Serenity? Oh that's right, they won't have any adults only pool. That's what we're upset about.

How is it possible for you to see a lot of negativity if you have not taken the time to read at least some of the thread. You're also doing exactly what you preached regarding getting a small fact and running with it.

Just to educate you and set the fact straight. At this time the only ships in the fleet that have an adults only pool are the five Spirit class ships and two of them operate down under. The other ship is the Sunshine and as you mentioned the Conquest will be getting one during dry dock in September. All of these are or will be located in the Serenity areas of the respective ships.

The recent change eliminating adults only aft pools is on 7 ships in the fleet, including the 5 Conquest class ships. In general, the Serenity areas are always crowded and chair hogs abound and enforcement of the rule is hit or miss. This is why so many people enjoyed the adults only pool and hot tubs on these ships because it gave them an area to escape the nonsense that permeates whenever unruly "children" are around.

The only other options at this point across the fleet are the exclusive Havana area on the Vista and under construction Horizon which consists of a pool, 2 hot tubs and loungers with exclusivity until 700 pm each day for those who are 12+ staying in one of 64 cabins on board.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

We called Carnival today...twice. The first time we got cut off, but not before we were able to ask if we can be assigned a new PVP for our current booking. She told us no, we cannot. Not until we book a new cruise. When we got cut off, we called back and got a different rep. Again, he told us we cannot be assigned a new PVP for a current booking. Not until we book a new one. Both said we can just call customer service when needed. I understand that, but our hope was to be able to correspond easily & quickly via email, which our current PVP refuses to do. With both calls today, the automated menus, being put on hold multiple times, being cut off the first time, it all took a half hour. Something a short email could've taken care of with minimal effort.

Sailed on the Valor 4/17 to 4/22 and the aft pool was being used by kids and adults alike. Think we were actually in port in Cozumel at the same time as Victory. Serenity deck was pretty packed most the time, and the glass railing blocked any wind flow making it hot as heck on the return sea day. It just wasn't that enjoyable in the daytime. Could find more comfortable quiet spots in more general areas of the ship.

this weeks observation on the Freedom kids were enjoying the aft pool and hot tubs splashing all over. I did like the mom who took her baby first in the pool than the hot tub in a dipar . Just another reason to not ever use the pool

I just attached the same...we must have been posting at the same time. Carnival is starting to make some changes that really take away what we enjoy in a cruise. My hubby said it appears that Carnival is trying to be the more affordable "Disney".

Wouldn't say that--Disney maintains adult only areas, including a pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Well, it's better than being a clueless poster, who has just one tiny, insignificant and wholly irrelevant fact and runs with it.

organized chaos,

when is your cruise booked?

if, you don't have penalties associated with your booking, and if the same or better deal is out there to be booked you could take the drastic measure of cancelling your cruise and rebooking with someone else after some big time complaining!

or, call back in to the brand X line and have your booking number ready and ask to speak to a supervisor because you have a complaint about your pvp, that you want to address - I'd try being nice first, then fly off the handle later, then go back to being nice, kind of a good cop bad cop thing

I had one big big issue with C a few years back and IT really ruined my day and our relationship with our pvp for quite a while. We still sailed carnival all along but most our bookings were with a different booking agency not a carnival company. We have just started rebooking some cruises with our pvp. We have had two carnival pvp's in the past. I think the other guy is maybe a supervisor now. If our pvp is on vacation or out of town we may call the other guy or book with the other travel agent guys. The one cruise where we did a cold call booking a while back with a random agent it was all kind of sketchy. It worked but they didn't really know how to process our booking using Karen's work related discounts. They had to call up to other departments to get everything straight.

organized chaos,

when is your cruise booked?

if, you don't have penalties associated with your booking, and if the same or better deal is out there to be booked you could take the drastic measure of cancelling your cruise and rebooking with someone else after some big time complaining!

or, call back in to the brand X line and have your booking number ready and ask to speak to a supervisor because you have a complaint about your pvp, that you want to address - I'd try being nice first, then fly off the handle later, then go back to being nice, kind of a good cop bad cop thing

Our cruise isn't until 6/18. We're taking another family, have three cabins in a row (one of which has the teenagers in it), so we don't want to get as drastic as cancelling & re-booking. Our preferred deck was filling up fast, so we want to hold on to the three cabins in a row.

I just don't understand the policy of not being able to get a new PVP. If I understand correctly, they're there to better serve the customer more personally than what regular customer service does. A way to bypass the rigmarole of calling their usual cust. service lines. So if we're unhappy with our PVP, why wouldn't they take the opportunity to make us, the customer, happy by assigning us a new one? The second rep. I spoke with basically downplayed the roll of a PVP and said they (cust. service) can do everything that PVP's can. Maybe so, but like I said, I spent 30 minutes dealing with two different cust. service reps. when a quick and easy email to a PVP would've gotten the job done. All I want is a helpful PVP who doesn't mind corresponding via email. I'm thinking about contacting him and just telling him it's much easier for us to email and if he refuses to help us that way, we have no use for him. Maybe he'll change his mind and finally decide to do his job.

My PVP does email, for most everything except for price quotes. I think she actually prefers the email route. So I would communicate with your existing PVP, and tell him that you prefer email, because telephone calls are very disruptive to your home. ( that is what I told my HAL PVP, and he abides by it ). There is no reason why he cant email instead of call. So just as you say, call him, and ask him to email only, and if he cant do that, then you will transfer to a TA. Hope it works for you.

Spare me the condescending attitude of you know kids better than me, you have no idea if you do or dont....No where in my post did i even infer that it is my objective to "antagonize" them. So it seems you are reaching to pick a fight. Kids want to play, they are noisy, they do what kids are supposed to do. that is what being a kid is about. If someone is hanging out by the main pool complaining about the kids and the noise, that person is in the wrong, that is one of the main hubs for kids, that is their domain. If you want quiet, move someplace else

Isn't the condescending attitude your signature move?

I did not read all these messages as I wanted to post this quickly: the Serenity pool on the Victory was definitely adults this past weekend. It was rainy on the one sea day so the roof was closed. But even so, only adults in the pool. Of course this pool is near the 24-hr pizza place and other food stations so it may be somewhat difficult to monitor. But at least it is still posted for Adults, as are the adjacent hot tubs.

I did not read all these messages as I wanted to post this quickly: the Serenity pool on the Victory was definitely adults this past weekend. It was rainy on the one sea day so the roof was closed. But even so, only adults in the pool. Of course this pool is near the 24-hr pizza place and other food stations so it may be somewhat difficult to monitor. But at least it is still posted for Adults, as are the adjacent hot tubs.
Are you referring to the large hot tubs? They're still adults only because they're inside the serenity area. That doesn't change. It's the aft pools (not part of a serenity area) that used to be adults-only that have changed.

Reposting my comment from the other Thread. Look I am not happy about this change either, but I have also had to find my own way of avoiding Children on my cruises.

The easiest way to avoid children is to make a point, periodically, of exclaiming that you are prohibited from being in the presence of Children. Finding a Mother on an elevator and being frank is truly Gold: "Oh Honey, I am not a Parent, I use F!ck like a comma and drink like a Flapper! I am a very bad influence! The only reason a Parent let's their children around me is to ensure they are knocked up or dropped out by 16"

I guarantee you, there will be no Children in your Proximity for the remainder of the Cruise. Parents will hurry to shuffle their Precious out of visual line of sight, praying to God the whole time their Precious doesn't ask any questions about you.

Works for me every time!

As for the Adult Only Pools- Service Quality will suffer as Adults are forced to jump thru hoops to order Alcohol so as the Precious are not tempted to drink on board!

As for getting drinks from waiters, I've found it much easier to just go to the bar. Usually takes less than ten minutes as opposed to 40+ from the wait staff.

On my last couple cruises, I found myself doing this most of the time whether on the Lido deck, or even at a show. It took so long to get drinks at the shows that I'd get the drink more than half way through, then get interrupted again to sign the receipt. It was quicker to just hop by a bar on the way and get whatever I want. In the past I've formed relationships with certain waitstaff by tipping well, but that takes a little while and it wasn't always the same people.

As for getting drinks from waiters, I've found it much easier to just go to the bar. Usually takes less than ten minutes as opposed to 40+ from the wait staff.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I always go to the bar to get my own drink. I never rely on the waitstaff. If I can't go to the bar to get my own drink then I've had enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk