First timer-received cruise documents but...

My daughter and I are going on our first cruise at the end of May. Last week our cruise documents were ready but I just looked at and printed them today.

I guess I thought they sounded so important that this must be what I would bring to board the ship. But it seems like just informational stuff. And then 2 luggage tags.

So I guess I have a few questions. A) Is there ANY of this that I actually need to bring with me? Aside from the luggage tags of course? And B) What, then, is my "boarding pass"? Or isn't there one? Do I just show up with my passport?

This board has been so valuable to me--if I didn't know the things I've learned here, I know I'd be a frazzled mess the whole cruise!

Yes, the document with the bar code is important. It will greatly speed up your check-in process at the port. (some call that document your boarding pass. After you check in and get your SeaPass card though, you won't need it)

My daughter and I are going on our first cruise at the end of May. Last week our cruise documents were ready but I just looked at and printed them today.

I guess I thought they sounded so important that this must be what I would bring to board the ship. But it seems like just informational stuff. And then 2 luggage tags.

So I guess I have a few questions. A) Is there ANY of this that I actually need to bring with me? Aside from the luggage tags of course? And B) What, then, is my "boarding pass"? Or isn't there one? Do I just show up with my passport?

This board has been so valuable to me--if I didn't know the things I've learned here, I know I'd be a frazzled mess the whole cruise!

Have you done your Online Check-In ? After you do that there is a form you print out (Set Sail Pass) that you need upon boarding.

As part of you providing your information (address, credit card to charge account charges to etc.) there would have been a button with Set Sail Pass. That's the document that you need to print out and bring with you to the pier (one for yourself and one for your daughter). It acts like your boarding pass. The other cruise documents as you've noticed is just required "stuff". All you need from that is the luggage tags - one for each bag that you want to leave at the pier to be delivered to your cabin (if you're just taking carry on luggage then you won't need luggage tags).

Have you done your Online Check-In ? After you do that there is a form you print out (Set Sail Pass) that you need upon boarding.

Ah I see! I haven't done that yet, but will later today! I KNEW there had to be something I was missing! Thank you!

The boarding pass is what RC calls the SetSail pass. It can be printed when you complete the online check-in. You generally don't need to print anything from the Guest Vacation Documents.

As part of you providing your information (address, credit card to charge account charges to etc.) there would have been a button with Set Sail Pass. That's the document that you need to print out and bring with you to the pier (one for yourself and one for your daughter). It acts like your boarding pass. The other cruise documents as you've noticed is just required "stuff". All you need from that is the luggage tags - one for each bag that you want to leave at the pier to be delivered to your cabin (if you're just taking carry on luggage then you won't need luggage tags).

Great! Thanks! I had missed that step!

A) Is there ANY of this that I actually need to bring with me?

No, you don't need any of that unless perhaps the list of the schedule of ports and port times, but be sure to check your cruise compass for what times you actually need to be back on and ship time vs local time. The main thing you need from that is the luggage tags.

B) What, then, is my "boarding pass"

Your boarding pass is your set sail pass. It comes up to print at the end of your online check-in. Have you completed and printed that? It is where you put in your home address, emergency contact information, credit card number if covering your on board expenses that way, etc.

It is a separate thing from your cruise documents.

Also the tags at the end of all the documents are sample tags.

Once your online checkin is complete there will be a "print luggage tags" tab show up on the online checkin page. This will have your deck and cabin number already printed on them.

It may take a little while once you complete your checkin for the tab to show up.

Have a wonderful cruise!!!

Once your online checkin is complete there will be a "print luggage tags" tab show up on the online checkin page. This will have your deck and cabin number already printed on them.

It may take a little while once you complete your checkin for the tab to show up.

Ah! Thanks! Yet another thing I didn't know!

This won't arrive until you're inside 45 days from sailing

The luggage tag that is the last page of your cruise documents is a luggage tag that can be photocopied.

The luggage tag that is printed with your set sail pass is a sample luggage tag. It is smaller than the actual luggage tag that is included in the cruise documents or that can be printed once the print luggage tag button appears.