How hard will this be?

lovingCCL

Well, I'm going to take the opposing view here :-)

I just went on a cruise last month on the Sunshine and I was in an interior room for the first time ever. I've stayed in ocean views, balconies and suites prior to the interior room.

I hated it.

It's dark (and depressing in my opinion). I would wake up and not know if it was day or night, the room was hot even though we had the AC maxed the entire time (could be an issue with the specific room I was in) and the lack of any sort of window definitely made the room feel much smaller to me.

It seems like most people don't really care what kind of room they're in, and don't get me wrong I still had a great cruise, but staying in an interior room was by far the least enjoyable part of my trip.

I don't mean to be too negative, but just wanted to share my experience. Either way, you're cruising!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your stateroom may have been too hot if you were on a deck with balconies across and they had propped their balcony doors open.

I've had a porthole, balcony, and interior before. I will always book interior if I can from now on. Unless the cost to upgrade is minimal, literally $100 for the whole cruise I would rather spend that money on alcohol. Me and wife are out and about most of the day when we cruise. The only time I am in that room is when I'm back at night, usually drunk, ordering room service and falling asleep watching tv. I don't need a balcony or window to do that. So to me a balcony isn't worth the extra cost. But if you're used to sitting on your balcony reading or relaxing then it will be a big change as you have to leave your room to do that now..

I did an inside cabin once.................once.

After three days I developed inside cabin psychosis. I wanted to cut the sofa in half and throw it overboard. I resented the fake draperies that made you think there was a window behind it.

I know, I know, it's my problem and most people have no problem with it but in 45 cruises I booked an inside once. It was a 14 day Asia cruise and I'm very happy it was port intensive. My wife has no problem with an inside but we'll stick to balconies. I have done three outside cabins and had no problem with those.

Take care,

Mike

I book my room according to # of ports. More ports I go balcony. And less ports lower room. Horizon in 2018 is only Bermuda. 4 nights. No brainer interior just to be on board. 14 day cruises with 7 or 8 ports gotta be in balcony or I'd go stir crazy!!!! For 14 days. 4 days I can handle as it will be my first down grade too. But for me. 4 days on the Horizon. I wont even have time to sleep!!!

I did an inside cabin once.................once.

After three days I developed inside cabin psychosis. I wanted to cut the sofa in half and throw it overboard. I resented the fake draperies that made you think there was a window behind it.

I know, I know, it's my problem and most people have no problem with it but in 45 cruises I booked an inside once. It was a 14 day Asia cruise and I'm very happy it was port intensive. My wife has no problem with an inside but we'll stick to balconies. I have done three outside cabins and had no problem with those.

Take care,

Mike

How do you get an inside with a sofa? I would love that! All my insides have just had a chair.

How do you get an inside with a sofa? I would love that! All my insides have just had a chair.

We've always had sofas in our inside cabins. But of course that was on a different line. Does Carnival only provide a chair? Not that it matters to us, just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've always had sofas in our inside cabins. But of course that was on a different line. Does Carnival only provide a chair? Not that it matters to us, just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, just a chair on a standard Inside. The square footage difference precludes a couch.

Glad some folks mentioned the Ship Cam TV wake-up plan. We did it the one time we were Int and it worked out well.

I sail in all different categories... if it is just my husband and I and maybe another couple, we do balcony and connect them...for a quiet, romantic cruise, we enjoy hanging on the balcony, having a cocktail and relaxing.... if port intensive or if I'm traveling with a group of people, I save the money and do inside since it seems we are always out and about doing things with the group. Port intensive cruises I do insides to save for shore excursions and I am usually exhausted from touring and don't get my full enjoyment.

How hard it will be to be content with an inside cabin depends on your attitude.

Try to be thankful for what you have and look for wonderful little places to sit outside.

There are fabulous spots to find that are not on a balcony or on lido.

We have had an interior room for two of our shorter 4-night cruises, and one ocean view for a short cruise as well.

I don't mind the interior for a short cruise, but for a week or longer I want a balcony. One of my favorite things to do on a cruise is order room service breakfast and coffee and enjoy it leisurely on our balcony. To me it's the absolute best way to begin my day. And when we're in an inside, or even an ocean view, I'm deprived of that enjoyment.

Also, I'm the type of person that likes to have an hour or two of quiet time in the afternoon to sit on our balcony and read.

We enjoy sitting on our balcony at night, gazing up at the stars and chatting about our day over a drink before going to sleep.

We once had an aft balcony (on the Conquest) and that was by far my favorite. Those balconies are big enough for a lounger so I did spend quite a bit of time on our balcony that week. :) And watching the wake was so mesmerizing and enjoyable, plus watching us pull into/leave port from our balcony was great too.

We don't have any future cruise plans right now, but when we do I definitely want another aft balcony.

We've only done one cruise so far and we had an interior room because my husband's work booked it for us. I wasn't upset seeing as though I didn't know what we were missing, and we didn't barely spend time in the room. For this upcoming cruise, we booked an inner room on purpose to save money and I'm not worried. We really aren't planning on being in the room much, and I'd rather save the money for something else. But again, we don't know what we are missing, so I'm sure that if we've had balcony rooms before and tried to do an interior room, it wouldn't be fun.

I've had several Balcony rooms before and I don't see the big deal. For me, the price differential doesn't make sense to me. I've never sailed in a Jr. Suite, but I've seen it, and it feels the same way to me. More money for more space that I don't really use.

One of these days, I will go for the full suite (and probably not on Carnival as their suite perks are not very good).

I went on a 15 night cruise in an interior, and it didn't bother us one bit.

Always booked balconies as I was the opinion of anything else was preposterous. Make a long story short, next cruises (all Glory and last Conquest) were in OVs or insides. Vista was in Havana Ext Aft Balcony. Only reason I took that is because it popped up (had an OV on deck 1 booked originally). It was nice but I wouldn't spend that money again if I could get a Havana Inside.

Bottom line is I prefer insides and OVs because of price. There is no other sleep like the sleep you get in an inside cabin. Heavenly!! This is coming from someone who is claustrophobic. It's not bad at all.

Everyone cruises differently.

We actually spend a lot of time in our cabin and so having a balcony or suite feels really nice to us.

On land I have been in hotel rooms where there are no windows but there I truly was only in the room to sleep. On the ship I like to have a place to hang out during sea days that is away from the crowds. I like my coffee on my balcony and I like to sit out there in the quiet and read .

DH and I enjoy chatting with people around the ship but we also like our quiet time and an inside cabin would be too tight for us.

As many have said, it comes down to personal preference. I don't know off hand my breakdown of how many insides vs. OVs vs. balconies, but i'd imagine it's about 50% Interior, and 50% everything else. I usually do a cost/benefit analysis on whether or not it's worth the extra cost. In addition to the actual cost, other important factors in that analysis include time of year (northern ports in the Spring or Fall can be chilly and make the Balcony a bit less appealing), embarkation port, itinerary, and location of available balconies (tip: avoid balconies just below the pool...it's an unfortunate 3am wake up call when they clean). The one thing is, if I go for the Balcony, I have to use it fairly often, otherwise it's kind of a waste.