Best locations in Southeastern Caribbean in each category

Reost

My cruise is Carnival Fascination, stopping at Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, St. Marten, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts.

As it's the first time in the Caribbean, I will spend most of shore time for sightseeing and local experiences. I plan to visit several locations on each island.

I see, however, some locations / experiences have counterparts on multiple islands. Not willing to do a similar thing on each of the islands, I'd rather pick an experience/sight of a particular type on the island where it is the best.

So, which are the best, in your opinion:

a)Jungles.

b)Forts.

c)Authentic historic houses (plantations, etc.) to visit the interiors.

d)Authentic towns.

e)Beaches.

Also, maybe you'll add some more must-do Caribbean experiences / sights and tell which of these 6 islands have it the best.

a)Jungles. Puerto Rico - El Yunque National Rainforest

b)Forts. San Juan and Curacao

c)Authentic historic houses (plantations, etc.) to visit the interiors. Rose Hall, Jamaica. For your cruise Barbados.

d)Authentic towns. Curacao is my favorite, but since you are not going there, go into town on St. Maarten

e)Beaches. Trunk Bay, St. John is my pick for best beach (go there from St. Thomas), but I also love the many unspoiled beaches on St. Lucia

a)Jungles. Puerto Rico or Barbados

b)Forts. Puerto Rico

c)Authentic historic houses (plantations, etc.) to visit the interiors. St. Kitts

d)Authentic towns. St. Marten

e)Beaches. St. Thomas

f)Best Excursion - The Castries St. Lucia

Concur with this list. Would add, however, that in St. Lucia you need to take a tour that includes approaching the Pitons by boat and enjoying the beach there. Another interesting consideration for Barbados is touring Harrison Caves. Enjoy your cruise.

St. Kitts has a real historic Caribbean small town (never destroyed by fire or earthquake) once you go beyond the shopping at the port. The island also has plantation homes, but I am not sure you can go inside. We took a Greg's safari tour which included a plantation home garden, a view point and a drive back down to the other side of the island. Check whether Greg is doing a jungle tour in the time frame of a cruise stop.

Old San Juan is the best preserved Spanish colonial town and has two impressive forts right downtown. Old San Juan is next to the cruise pier.

Barbados has authentic plantation homes. The one we visited was open inside and furnished with pieces donated by local families including clothing, hair brushes, dishes etc. We had a rum tasting there, was great!

For jungle I would go to the Pitons on St. Lucia and include a volcano visit.

Beaches and shopping: St. Thomas and St. Marten. Philipsburg on St. Marten mainly consists of a water front promenade with beach and a parallel street filled with shops. I bought 4 (!) great bathing suits in a small shop there. Best purchase ever. You can walk there from the pier or take the boat shuttle.