Is there fee if we miss our reservation at Specialty restaurants?

RivieraCruise

In that case you might let them know that you COULD be late. Or you could book a bit later to be safe. (I am assuming that you haven't booked yet.)

If you have a butler (not all of us do), he could handle this for you.

If it's a matter of being a few minutes late (not half an hour!), there might not be a problem.

Mura

If you book La Reserve or Privee you will lose your $$ if you do not cancel

There is no fee for the other Specialty restaurants so nothing to charge you for

If you have a late port departure I would just book a Specialty on another night & eat in the GDR or the Terrace in case you are late getting back

You may or may not get a 2nd chance at the Specialty restaurant

JMO

If you book La Reserve or Privee you will lose your $$ if you do not cancel

There is no fee for the other Specialty restaurants so nothing to charge you for

If you have a late port departure I would just book a Specialty on another night & eat in the GDR or the Terrace in case you are late getting back

You may or may not get a 2nd chance at the Specialty restaurant

JMO

+1

Very good advice.

After cancelling, your next Reservation slot will be catch as catch can. Why waste it?

I agree, but if your not sure why make it. Make it for when you know you'll be using it.

Also when you get back on the ship and you want to eat, just go to the desk an ask-you

never know that may have had someone else no show up.

The downside is the rest of table may have to wait, as they waiters think you might be on the way. We waited about 20 minutes, then finally ordered. The people never did show. So you inconvenience others if you don't cancel. Lucky for me, I had my bottle of wine!

The real downside is someone who will be available might not get to eat in that specialty because you reserved a space with the idea I may or may not make.

I agree with ronrick1943, only make reservations you know you can make it. Otherwise it's unfair to our travel mates if you are iffy on being able to eat a the reserved time.