Favorite Special Thing

georgiaguy

Morning coffee in cafe al bacio as the ship docks. The place is almost empty around 7. We have an early riser in the family. This time she will be 3yrs, but last time she was 8months and was up at 5. We make new favourites every time we cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just love looking at the ocean. Also an afternoon nap on the balcony. Our last cruise we were very spoilt in our Aft suite and loved listening to the Irish duo playing in the Ocean view each afternoon while relaxing on our day beds. No where I would rather be.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

I love being on the ship when it is moving. Looking out at the sea is so relaxing. I also appreciate the service. It is a pleasure to have somebody take care of me. I don't have to cook, do laundry, or clean. Also, nice to be disconnected. Shut off the devices and just relax.

I love just waking up in the morning knowing that I am in the middle of the ocean, feeling the waves just a little...then getting up and going on the balcony and watching the wake. Knowing that I have worked hard to be able to enjoy this little piece of Heaven makes my heart feel so alive and content!

We go on a family cruise every year. Others sail with us, but it always includes my daughters and my Grandson. We started cruising together when my grandson was only 3 so cruising is always special for us. He's now 23 and still goes on the trips and brings a friend. We were on a cruise Christmas week and we will be on a cruise in June. We plan the entire year and it may sound crazy but I LOVE arriving at the port and seeing everyone handing their luggage to the porter, the first "ping" when we board and the moment when the ship finally starts to pull out of the port. I love every dinner together, sharing what everyone did and saw during the day. I love getting to the cabin and I love the ever subtle motion of the ship as I lay down to sleep. I'm an early riser. I slip out of the cabin early, go get my coffee (and a pastry) and walk around the deck. By the time I return to the cabin, everyone is up getting ready to go to breakfast and we've arrived at a new port.

I'm really enjoying all of these favorite things! Since we've only been cruising once, 11 years ago, with our second cruise coming up in June, I'm getting some good ideas.

I loved the desserts in Kova Café on Infinity—that's how long ago it was. Now I'm looking forward to the treats at Café al bacio....

My favourite thing about cruising is spending time together as a family. I have two kids in their late teens and hanging out with their parents is not high on their priority lists. On a cruise, they have no i-devices to distract them and no private room hide in. We do shore excursions together every day and eat together every night. It is wonderful! (And as soon as we get home, everyone immediately retreats to their respective corners with the distraction of their choosing, to recover from all that forced togetherness! Of course I start planning another cruise ;)

I love spending relaxing, unstressed time with my mother, doing all the things we love doing...the way we love doing them. Every night is a pajama party. She's my best friend and I cherish every minute.

Fish Lover --

Wishing you many more cruises/years to share w/ your mother!! My sisters & I took my mother on her first & only cruise (Celebrity Century - Jan 2001)... She Loved It. She's no longer w/ us, but we still have the memories of that cruise :)

Port arrivals. We are often up early so we like to watch a port (especially if it is an island) come into view and the port's details slowly emerge as the ship gets closer. Then as you near docking the interplay between the ship and the pilot and tug boats. Finally the ship stops and you start looking over the landscape and began thinking about what you might discover there that day!!! Clearly better than waking to and heading to work...

I love spending relaxing, unstressed time with my mother, doing all the things we love doing...the way we love doing them. Every night is a pajama party. She's my best friend and I cherish every minute.

This is possibly the nicest post I've ever read.

Romantic Balcony time on sea days with my husband. Bring drinks to enjoy while in sea watch [emoji41]

Alternate relaxing in chairs with classical music quietly playing and jumping up to the railing when one of us sees schools of flying fish, seabirds fishing and dolphins. Sharing a slow dance at night under the stars. I'm a lucky girl!!

Drink without a care as to how I'm "getting home". But still keep it classy of course. No passing out in pool lounge chairs!

Also falling asleep to the motion of the ship....like an adult cradle with a couple thousand other adult babies ; )