Good hotel for pre night / s stay in Venice and transfers

Presto2

Hi,

We find ourselves cruising from Venice in 2018 on the Constellation having had our cruise from Civitavecchia cancelled.

We had known exactly which hotel to use in Rome, but are not sure 100% for a 2 or 3 night stay in Venice. We found our hotel in Rome via Cruise Critic so are hoping that you can all help us out again and give us information about a great hotel at a reasonable price that we can check out.

Similarly, the last time we transferred from a hotel in Venice to the ship we had our own motor launch organised by a travel agent. Does anyone know the best site to use to book transfers from the airport to Venice and from the hotel to the ship

Many thanks in anticipation of your help everyone :D

I highly recommend the Santa Chiara. Charming and easy to get to. Right by water taxi terminal and bus station. You can get there by cab or water taxi! Great full breakfast and free wifi in lobby

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Best Western Hotel Olimpia worked well for us. We were able to take the bus from the airport to the drop off point near the train station - inexpensive and easy. You can see the hotel from the bus stop. It is easy walking distance with only one bridge to cross.

The next day you can walk across the street to the people mover that takes yo to the port.

I have been looking at this for next year, and found a lot of recommendations on the Ports of call section, under Italy, and did a search for Venice hotels. Santa Chiara was recommended due to the lack of need to use water transportation to get to your lodgings. The people mover to the cruise terminal is supposedly very close, and you can take a regular taxi from the airport.

La Locanda Di Orsaria.

Check out the reviews on Tripadvisor.

We stayed there and it was excellent with great breakfast and hosts.

Close to the Peoplemover for transfer to the port to catch the ship.

Cant go wrong.

Cheers Bob.

we did a HAL cruise from Venice in Sept... My recommendation is to avoid the people mover at all costs ! we stayed at a lovely hotel the Rialto, right at the base of the bridge, 15 minute walk to St Marks. The waterbus dropped us off 30 yards (one bridge) from the hotel, a porter was waiting at the waterbus station. Getting to the ship, we took another waterbus ride to the Pizalli Roma, walked across the parking lot to the parking garage, up the stairs after buying the ticket from the machine, rode the really nice electric train to the station "near" the cruise terminal... when we got off, that is when "it" hit the fan.... we had to walk from the people mover station, around a parking lot to the entrance area of the center terminal to find out, our ship was at the other end of the rightmost terminal building. diagonally across another parking lot gets us to the first building, then 1/2 mile (or more) to the other end of the 2nd building where we dropped off the luggage- that's right - pulled our luggage on its own wheels that whole way. then into that building to checkin and back a length of the ship to the embarkation ramp. Holy God! Hot, sweaty, tired and frustrated was not the best beginning!

I recommend the waterbus to Pizalli Roma and then catching a taxi to the cruise terminal, should drop you off right at the luggage dropoff.

Thank you so much to everyone so far. Love it when Cruise Critic folk really come together to help with tips like this :-)

Must admit, our best memory of getting to the Silhouette from our hotel in Venice was in a motorboat -- we felt like we were in a James Bond film and would love to do that again. We think it is only coming out at about £50 per couple in our own motor boat so, if nothing else, we know how we are getting from a hotel to the ship !!!

;)

We are staying in The Kette Hotel in Venice for our pre cruise night before we go off on the constellation 19th Aug. Our TA uses that hotel regularly so it's one to check out if you like. We haven't stayed there before so hoping it's decent enough for honeymooners :D

I've stayed in The Hotel Carlton on the Grand Canal a couple of times and can recommend it. The staff were fantastic and the rooftop restaurant is very good. It's opposite the Train station but we didn't hear the trains at all and it's not too far from the cruise port.

http://www.carltongrandcanal.com/hotel/

Locanda Orseolo!!! Loved it! Fantastic breakfast too.

We second this recommendation, we LOVED the Orseolo! Probably my favorite of all the many hotels we have stayed in over the years. The hotel staff called a water taxi for us on embarkation day, they opened a window and we went right out to the taxi. Great experience

I led a school trip last year. For a couple days, we stayed in Jesolo, the beach resort across from Venice. Took a boat across to Venice for the day. I would much rather stay there than in Venice. Check it out for a different option. Nice little town, great beaches.

Al Codega...a fabulous small hotel in a quiet square a couple blocks from St. Mark's activity and crowds.

Check it out on TripAdvisor.

I would choose a hotel near St. Mark's as everything is walkable and staying back on the mainland will cause you to cut into the time you need to explore. If possible plan on three nights/4days, giving you time to fight jet lag as well as explore.

If it is just one pre-night of the cruise, consider the Crowne Plaza just outside of Venice. They have a cruise package which includes airport transportation and cruiseport transportation. You can drop off all your luggage at the hotel and then take public transportation to/from Venice for sightseeing, etc.

We stayed at The Westin Europa & Regina for 2 nights before boarding a cruise for our honeymoon - it was wonderful. Water taxi took us straight to the hotel from the airport and then from the hotel right to the cruise terminal. Also within easy walking distance of St Marks. The fact that it was a Starwood property was an added bonus.

We stayed at the Ca Nigra before our cruise on Constellation. I had found this little gem while on a photo tour in Venice the year before. It is not cheap but worth every penny.

http://www.hotelcanigra.com

Getting there we took the Express Bus from the airport to Piazzale Roma and walked to the hotel. It takes about 10 minutes - but beware, Venice is the city of bridges and stairs. We did not mind.

Our family (2 adults and 2 kids 10 and 12) had a fantastic experience at the hilton molino stucky. Their "family" suite was incredibly spacious by any standard, and shockingly so for Europe.

View from the room:

0fd0455c820ad819ff580a222ade6eab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another vote here for the Antiche Figure! They arranged a water taxi for us from the airport to the landing dock by the hotel. All we had to do was go to the relevant desk in the arrivals hall to pick up the booking. Also they arranged our water taxi to the cruise port: highly recommended if not the cheapest. I can't speak for Celebrity but Disney put us and our bags on a coach transfer to the check in hall from where the water taxi docked.

My daughter has also stayed at their sister hotel Canal Grande and was equally impressed.

Well, just to let you all know that we have finally booked and have gone with the Locanda Orseolo. We have stayed in the Carlton on the Grand Canal before for a one night stay, so thought we'd stay in a different location this time. We checked out all of the hotels and this one was spot on re our budget as well for a superior room with a canal view.

Have to say, the fact that we have not had to pay anything yet and that we can cancel up to 7 days before we plan to travel is a plus - as well as the fact that we e-mailed the hotel and had a response to some questions within 10 minutes!

Thanks again to everyone and happy cruising

Us Prestos