RomeCabs or Miles&Miles - Thoughts???

pl281

I posted this on the Italy board, however that board isn't quite as active as this one is

We are on the Reflection this summer out of Rome (4 adults and a 4yo) We are flying in a couple of days early and have 2 full days.

We've done Rome & the vatican before as a Shore Excursion - I wanted to see what thoughts were between these 2 tour companies - especially if anyone has gone with families

Thanks

Used Rome Cab, and know nothing about the other.

RC was excellent. Quick emails setting it all up. Competitive price. Excellent service and bus.

We had 3 couples at 3 different hotels. No problem.

One issue was, I made an error in the initial email and listed 16 people and 60 bags! RC came back with a very high price. I saw my error and changed it to 6 people and 6 bags.

When RC showed up at my hotel, it was a full bus for 40 or so. And the high price. Talked w the driver who rechecked and saw it was their error. They charged me for a van. All well.

Tipped him well.

One funny thing. When we got to the Solstice with that large bus, a whole slew of baggage handlers came rolling out. I put my sunglasses on, but my jacket over my shoulders in what I thought was the Euro-Cosmo look, stepped off the bus saying I just wanted to be treated like 'one of the little peoples'.

I thought I was hilarious. My wife did Not laugh. Just rolled her eyes as I strutted around trying to be 'just one of the little people'.

The handlers apparently didn't get my joke either. Oh well.

Loved Rome Cabs.

Den

Miles & Miles is very good. Here is my Trip Advisor Review of my day with them almost seven years ago.

We went back to Rome a year later and brought our kids and took the train to Rome and a professionally guided walking tour of the Forum and Temples followed by skip the line at the Coliseum with Roman Candle and had a great time too on that DIY day in Rome. We had lunch on our own after that and went to Piazza Navona, Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, and the Spanish Steps.

Each day was different and we loved them both. However, you have to remember that the limo drivers are not professional guides and cannot walk with you in the forums, temples, or Coliseum. It's a different experience. The train from Civitavecchia was easier than we thought. Have a great time no matter which company you use.

Another vote for Rome Cabs. Rome in Limo is also good. Both will take care to customize tours for families and would recommend itineraries best for junior members! That said, in my experience Italy is very child-friendly so you should have a great time whoever you chose.