Vista revisited (Havana Cabana this time)...... A fairly lengthy review with pics

jimbo5544

Is that what they call the Cowboy Ribeye?

I kind of tone them out. They way that I remember it is the cowboy is like a bone in ribeye and the "regular" ribeye has no bone. They can do the run on all cuts (other than filet) .... I think anyway.

Sent from my iPhone

I kind of tone them out. They way that I remember it is the cowboy is like a bone in ribeye and the "regular" ribeye has no bone. They can do the run on all cuts (other than filet) .... I think anyway.

Sent from my iPhone

Love the Ribeye. Don't remember if it had a bone or not but it was delicious.

Sent from my iPhone

The thing is the cowboy steak with the bone in will have a more select meat ,one side is really tender . While the other side OK but not as tender. The rib eye is more like the tougher side of the cowboy steak .The cowboy is a good cut of meat for my taste buds .

The thing is the cowboy steak with the bone in will have a more select meat ,one side is really tender . While the other side OK but not as tender. The rib eye is more like the tougher side of the cowboy steak .The cowboy is a good cut of meat for my taste buds .

Your making me hungry.....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Your making me hungry.....

Your fault :D . You guys are discussing my favorite topic.

If I cook one of those monsters at home I usually salt it down with kosher salt and let er sit for an hour, then clean off the salt and throw that slab on the grill. Talk about tender :p

If I cook one of those monsters at home I usually salt it down with kosher salt and let er sit for an hour, then clean off the salt and throw that slab on the grill. Talk about tender :p

I did.....

I looked when we were were on the last Med. and TA and didn't see any food. I thought I heard it was just available to Havana guests. We are booked in a Havana on the Horizon and was really hoping they would have the food like the Sunshine.

We were on the June 11th sailing from Barcelona last year in a regular balcony. The breakfast food in Havana was right next to the bar and not just for those staying in the Havana cabins.

Not a big secret, but it mainly works (especially on dress shirts). I pack them in a suit bag. Before we cruise i get a few done and they come back on hangers in the plastic wrap. I put all shirts (and suits, jackets, dress pants etc) in the plastic wrap and they pretty much stay true to form. Not sure it will meet the Army standards, but it is the best I have found.

Thanks, it doesn't have to be parade ground ready, I just don't want to spend my vacation ironing. This will work for the Vista in June and I will figure something else out for the Sunshine in September.

St Kitts.

The islands in and around this island are somewhat unique. Most have small steep mountains that frequently have cloud cover over a portion of them. As we sipped our morning coffee, this was our view.....

2hrfmvs.jpg

2u461l2.jpg

Wow. I love St Kitts. Went horseback riding to the top through the rainforest when we went on Celebrity. It was so beautiful.

It is fairly unique from several perspectives. One of only a few island that English is a native language, this area has a fairly unique climate that gives the ability to get those clouds on the mountains (that are really not all that high), pretty diverse ocean differences - between the Caribbean sea and the Atlantic and it being a relative newcomer to tourism. I won't hold it against you that you went on a Celebrity cruise....;)

It is fairly unique from several perspectives. One of only a few island that English is a native language, this area has a fairly unique climate that gives the ability to get those clouds on the mountains (that are really not all that high), pretty diverse ocean differences - between the Caribbean sea and the Atlantic and it being a relative newcomer to tourism. I won't hold it against you that you went on a Celebrity cruise....;)

Hahahahaha! I've actually gone on 5, and have one more scheduled, remember? [emoji6]. You should try it. You would love Celebrity!

So this was the only port of call where we had a Carnival excursion planned. A little more unique in that this was the 3rd stop at St.Kitts for us in the last 3 years. We have also had a land trip to St. Kits about 4 years ago. That gave us the opportunity to explore and get more familiar with the island and its people than you can get from a cruise stop.

The excursion we had chosen was a sail and snorkel with a stop in Nevis (a sister island that is not all that far away), and we have never been to Nevis. This excursion departs literally from the other side of the piers (thru the shops to the left) and as we got off the Vista, the Celebrity Equinox (and at another pier two other cruise ships....) a pretty busy day for St Kitts.

There were about 45 people on this excursion, so once everyone met up and was accounted for, we did the short walk over to the smaller pier and the cat. We boarded up and headed off. Here are some pics as we left.

There was a crew of 5, a captain (nicknamed Captain Crunch) and 4 mates, once of which was a teen, who manned the bar.... The Cat had a large open trampoline area in the front and also some open air in the back and covered area in the center (galley).

Here is the the Captain as we made our way out....

2pzjkp5.jpg

and the young lad working the bar......

33lnmaa.jpg

Soon we made our stop for snorkeling and it lasted about an hour. We have done more than several of these types of excursions and I would rate this portion close to the Fury that operated out of Cozumel. During the snorkeling, I saw much wildlife and more than several sea turtles that I could get next to and pat.

Time to go make dinner now. I'm starving! ;p